* NEW RELEASE * Command & Conquer REDUX for RA1

Salvation

*NEW VERSION HAS RELEASED 9th of June 2021*

Hi guys!

Download here (new version V0.99.9.2, 9th of June 2021):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o4atgwe9r3fax5/CCRDX-2021.rar?dl=0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im currently working on a mod that takes us on a different timeline of Tiberium universe. GDI and Nod are still fight against each other, but both sides has a completely different arsenal than C&C95 had.

In this timeline, The First Tiberian War were not fought on 1995, it only takes place on somewhere between 2015-2020's. Since the global economic disaster that appeared on 2008, Nod has grown up and gathered up massive army. Tiberium meteor was also hit on earth at 2007 and has terraformed earth on a something which is not on this reality. There will be no mercy...

My goal is to release the first version during this year. Currently both GDI and Nod are ready (shp's and voices). There are several multiplayer maps and hopefully i can convert several CS/Aftermath missions for compatible into this mod. Thanks to Allen262 great Red Dawn mod, i was able to use many shp's from there. Also several shp's were loaded from sprites.openra.net and ra.afraid.org. Few of the shp's are made by me (partially).

ccrdx 1.png

ccrdx 3.png

ccrdx 4.png

ccrdx 6.png

hak'tyl 1.png

Edited by Salvation
A new release of 2021!

I think that TS weapons factory is one I converted, heh :P

I find it also on ra.afraid.org  :cncsmirk:

Btw, is there some specific instructions of how to convert TS units/structures to RA1 ? Probably somewhere in this forum or where? Currently i am able to convert C&C units to RA1 so it would be a quite challenge to do same with TS to RA :)

Think I wrote up something like that, yes...

https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/1382-cc1ra1tsra2-basic-guide-to-graphics-modding/

The gist of it is, use the purple palettes I made; they will make sure house colours convert correctly, and special colours (like background colour) don't get corrupted.

Though it's still a mess, since TS has all its animations in separate files, where in C&C1 and RA1 they're usually all frames in the same sprite. Then again, I think the weapons factory is an exception to that.

Think I wrote up something like that, yes...

https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=2157.0

The gist of it is, use the purple palettes I made; they will make sure house colours convert correctly, and special colours (like background colour) don't get corrupted.

Though it's still a mess, since TS has all its animations in separate files, where in C&C1 and RA1 they're usually all frames in the same sprite. Then again, I think the weapons factory is an exception to that.

So it would be a quite challenge to adapt/convert voxel mammoth tank into RA1 ?

Um. I was kind of only talking about SHP files there. For voxel units, you'd have to somehow render the frames you need from that voxel, with normals, and preferably using these purple colours as remap. To be honest, I have no idea how remap even works on voxels.

But if you mean the Mammoth Mk2, then you got the extra problem that it has walk animations... meaning that instead of a 32-frame rotation of the unit you need the walk animations in 8 facings instead, and are limited to replacing the ants in RA1.

Um. I was kind of only talking about SHP files there. For voxel units, you'd have to somehow render the frames you need from that voxel, with normals, and preferably using these purple colours as remap. To be honest, I have no idea how remap even works on voxels.

But if you mean the Mammoth Mk2, then you got the extra problem that it has walk animations... meaning that instead of a 32-frame rotation of the unit you need the walk animations in 8 facings instead, and are limited to replacing the ants in RA1.

Okay, seems like i went a bit too far  :D currently i have no need for TS shp's, but it sounds interesting in future to learn how to import buildings to RA1.

Little update...

Currently units, unit sounds and music are ready for the first release, known as version AlphaBravoCharlie 1.0. Just a little tweaking... that's all. Also i have converted several aftermath missions compatible for this modification. The first release does not include single player missions made by myself. I have concentrated very much of getting the first version out which includes units, structures and voices/sounds. In a future, there will be custom missions.

Here's a few screenshots...

emp_strike.png

gdi1.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

IT IS HERE!

CCRDX was laying on my old PC hard drive long enough so now i felt like i should release the Version 0.99. This release is a beta version of a game, so it isn't ready, not even close. So i wish everyone who plays this could give some feedback; balancing, what works and what does not work. Perhaps an idea for new units?

There are several known bugs, such as that Leopard MBT is too big.

Download here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0q1vcphijc4dn8/CCRDX.rar?dl=0

Have fun when when conquering the world of CCRDX!

Neat.

That infantry icon should really say "rifleman", though, nd not "riflemen" :P

Also, at 3:36 you see that the tank's SHP file is too large for the unit you replaced; you get 'bleeding' traces.

And, you should really give that Command Tower some shadow. Looks kind of silly like this.

9 hours ago, Nyerguds said:

Neat.

That infantry icon should really say "rifleman", though, nd not "riflemen" :P

Also, at 3:36 you see that the tank's SHP file is too large for the unit you replaced; you get 'bleeding' traces.

And, you should really give that Command Tower some shadow. Looks kind of silly like this.

1) Thanks for the advice. I will fix that :P

2) SHP issue is in my "to-do" -list.

3) Command Tower what?

EDIT: -->> You mean Airstrike Command / Airstrike Control -building ??

Edited by Salvation

Well that's what the build icon says. It's kind of easier to read an icon that's just there on your sidebar than it is to read the popup label that only appears the split-second you actually hover over it to click it.

If it's wrong, add it to your todo list :P

It's kind of silly; I solved all SHP bleeding issues in C&C1 with my patch. In C&C1, units have a "is large unit" setting that can be enabled to refresh them to a full 64x64 (I think) area around them. To avoid this  annoyance on any potential future modding, I just decided to enable it for all of them right away :P

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, the Air Control building looks fine 8) However, i can be wrong also. Should i open the unit bmp/pcx/jpg files with photoshop and do some mighty stuff there?

The first thing before next release to do is to re-size the Leopard MBT. I was aware of that this unit is currently too large, but i choose to left that currently intact and fix it before next release. I think it's not the first time when RA mod includes "too large unit" :)

Here is an another gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSTBE_SUAOw&feature=youtu.be

This is a skirmish battle between Nod vs GDI, the level is 1vs1 only and perhaps a bit too small for large armies. Control of the tiberium fields are crucial later on a battle.

2 hours ago, Salvation said:

Should i open the unit bmp/pcx/jpg files with photoshop and do some mighty stuff there?

ew. Why would you even mention jpeg when you're edited paletted pixel graphics? :|

Anyway, the tower looks really weird without shadow, yes.

16 hours ago, Nyerguds said:

ew. Why would you even mention jpeg when you're edited paletted pixel graphics? :|

Anyway, the tower looks really weird without shadow, yes.

Since im a kind of newbie when editing paletted pixel graphics... :blushing:

We'll see what we could do on a future releases.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22.5.2017 at 7:03 PM, Tschokky said:

Nice use of the barren/jungle tilesets, try cave too!

Thanks! Cave terrain will be seen in future versions. That terrain fits very well kind of a Red Zone. Perhaps a possible location of Temple of Nod / Temple Prime...

• 2 weeks later...

A new version, known as V 0.99.9, is coming up during the next weeks. It includes new missions, new structure,  graphic fixes and many other things. I'm currently working on Leopard MBT in a hopes to re-size it correctly so it won't leave trails.

A full changelist will be included when next version is released.

• Salvation changed the title to Command & Conquer REDUX for Red Alert 95