Ferret

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, Icons are ready.

Tested in V1.06b and v1.06c (beta, obvious), all working property.

Still Remaining:

Sidebar

Flags

Radar (IDK if i can convert it)

and buttons.

Download it on my Attachment

An Sugest to Nyer:

1-If i can relase it before your v1.06c patch, reserve an  leanguage, the DOS one, so, maybe we can change the mod wihout modifing files.

2-Can you restore the money sond of the DOS C&C (the Tim,Tim,Tim)?

Captura_de_tela.png.e734bbef36cd18997a8885a80aa9f0c9.png

Captura_de_tela-1.png.5cf866256bc4cefdaf0f402025e70226.png

Captura_de_tela-2.png.daf19e5847077b75f6c1e0114cf8a1d3.png

DosIconsToGold.zip

the sond was not changed, but, it is so down, if you use headphones on maximum on volume, you can hear a little of the sound.

Nice!!!! so, a 999maps is avaliable??

[Edit] Wrong! i just saw him post on gamesector:

Well, this is SOME good news, at least... it works beyond 128 :)

I tested 258 though (which is 102 in hexadecimal), and it ended up on scm02ea on the client. So it's actually cut off at one byte.

I'll just limit the map reader to 255 for now, so I can continue on other stuff without wasting too much time with this. I did manage to expand the list to 2.5 times the original size, after all :)

As I already mentioned, I'll make sure map reading starts at 1 and ends at 100h (256) and cut the number off at one byte when reading. This will allow us to still use map number 00, only it'll end up at the end of the list.

hehe, anonyn00b is my laptop (only got that for another few weeks, as long as my internship lasts), but to test LAN stuff it's really handy to have 2 PCs in my room,:)

I should make sure I test the changes I gotta make to the LAN client interface too... that needs an update quite badly.

dude wtf? I can and will only make minor modifications to that stuff. I just want it to match the 4 game modes you choose on the host screen, instead of actively showing the Bases Off, Capture The Flag when it should show "MHQ Mode". The current client interface also has the problem that, like the original Host interface, it can't show both the CTF and AI Enabled options.

Not that anyone ever uses the AI in real LAN, but that's beside the point :P

Just a few Ideas to throw at you, Im not expecting any thing to be done, realy just asking about a few things after using the UGE  and atempting to do a bit of modding.

Squish Mark (beta)

Could it be possible to fix (if you havent already) this after all atm Generally,

activating this causes more trouble than it's worth, since the

squish mark logic has apparently never been properly configured.

The possibility of making the extra unused Bibs more useful (bib 8-10 since the others dont work, at least 9/10 im sure we could find a new bib which would be useful?

(this im not bothered about)

adding extra slots to any thing; planes, tanks, inf, buildings (might be a pain as for use with a mod they might require a 'Needed to be built' entry), weapons and warheads (i know there a two extra unused one's already)

(if extra slots are added is the UEG 'smart enough' to recognise and allow you to edit them?)

And the very last Question is is it possible in a later patch we could see the data we use the UEG to edit in a .ini file like RA or TS and editable with a text editor even if it still involves using 'numbers' rather than words for some things?

-Not a clue how I'd fix that squish mark. The odd thing about this is that the option that enables the squish mark is actually a true/false option of the squish mark overlay object... so not a clue wtf that does, or what it'd do to enable that same option on another overlay type.

-Bibs: eh what? There are only 3 bibs... one for buildings that are 2 cells wide, one for 3 cells wide, and one for 4 cells wide. What are you talking about? :S

As for warheads...

1. I can make as many as I want

2. I wouldn't be so sure these two are really unused. The game uses warheads for a lot of stuff you wouldn't expect. Just think about the blossom tree and tiberium damage.

-units: already added more of them. Next are weapons and projectiles. Infantry are so full of exceptions that I don't dare touch them. Just think about the fact every single one of them has a different frames configuration.

As for UGE: It's not "smart" at all. Any new data I add have to be added to the editor one by one. Moot point anyway, from the moment I got some more time I'm going to work on the rules.ini system. I want to at least have it partially done for 1.06c.

-Bibs: eh what? There are only 3 bibs... one for buildings that are 2 cells wide, one for 3 cells wide, and one for 4 cells wide. What are you talking about? :S

Sorry I meant the 'Building Width' not bibs (well sorta related to bibs) you cant go higher than 10 (you can but it cant be placed on the map) so there are 3 extra widths (2 if you were to keep the smaller hologram building number 8 :P) could it be possible to use these to create extra "Foundations"

-----

as for the rest shame about squish marks (the RA ones anoyed me any ways, partly cause they were always yellow remap)

but other than that Nice, it was the rules file some of the music settings and 'hidden' options you added to the conquer.ini file were going to be put in to yea.

With there are almost to many of them to bother adding any more, got the buildable ones then all the civs i dont think any one would have a problem adding in new inf unless they want every civ and inf ingame (might be wrong, so dont quote me on it)

I'm making an mission, who have 3 houses, Nod, GDI, and SPECIAL. You are nod, and you have to destroy all these houses, but, tey are free to all, and the "add and keep" are so mass, since it not follow your owner, like, the build is inicially from GDI, I destroyed it, and, an Special build appears,  :huh: that can be fixable? or it's so hard?

ok, i'm making a mission, but, when i capture back the airstrip, I can't do units! the plane just not drop my unit, it ever appears!

Only for you know: it happens in Command & Conquer 64, on Nod Special Mission 2, When you capture GDI Construction Yard, and build a weapons factory, the airstrip stop work

damn_wheres_the_plane.jpg.5f8f4779353690ccc2bb0a5637b39dc7.jpg

Although it might not be the place to discuss this issue (are you sure this is related to Nyer's patch and not to your map?), I suggest you try to temporarily disable the triggers to see if this problem is not trigger-related. If it is (i.e. the airstrip will work normally), then try to figure out which trigger causes this. If not, well, I've no idea what to do next :D

Cheese:

ah vah, and are you thinking i did not tryed it? yeah, i tryed it.

Fibble: Maybe, you are right, i'm modifing the tiggers, maybe it's happening because the enemy have an airstrip too, but, in Single Player, when you capture the enemy airstrip, i don't get that issue  :huh:

Nyerguds:

ah vah, and are you thinking i don't know that issue? I plays C&C since 2002 (i guess.).Yeah, i know that issue.

sorry if i posted it on wrong area.