Ferret

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 months later...

Look, C&C95 is a finished game. There will be no more content added.

If you don't like it, make your own game. Don't try to take credit where it is not due or given.

I trust that you were going to post this is this thread? And your post from there should be here?

Anyway, Nyer, just wanted to ask, is this change still in effect?

Mission/map updates:

• scg40ea (Covert Ops "Ground Zero"): is now in Winter theater, for more variety
  • scg52ea (N64 Special Ops GDI #2): is now in Snow theater, for more variety

Anyway, Nyer, just wanted to ask, is this change still in effect?

Mission/map updates:

• scg40ea (Covert Ops "Ground Zero"): is now in Winter theater, for more variety
  • scg52ea (N64 Special Ops GDI #2): is now in Snow theater, for more variety

Yes, these two things will stay changed.

That particular N64 mission is rock ridges only, in terms of terrain, so technically It'd work in any theater anyway. I decided to add it as showcase for Snow theater when porting the missions.

And Snow theater is just vastly underused in general :P

New position of contentbar (tiberium, personel) is annoying. It can be fixed?

I have no idea what you're talking about...  :S

New position of contentbar (tiberium, personel) is annoying. It can be fixed?

I have no idea what you're talking about...  :S

Apparently the harvested Tiberium/orca ammo/APC & chopper passenger meters have become displaced and are now positioned not at the bottom of selected units but higher. Haven't observed it myself since I haven't checked the latest version of the patch.

... And Snow theater is just vastly underused in general ...

When I find in the collection any mission that refers or meant to be in the snow, the arctic and etc, I try to change the theater to SNOW.

But only in the (absent) fans based missions. The "factory missions" are properly covered by Nyerguds.

In everyone!

I think I know what went wrong. You probably just made your Russian version of "HPIPS.SHP" incorrectly. Either the pips on it aren't centered, or you made the whole SHP file's height different from the original SHP.

BTW, 640x400 not working.

640x400 doesn't work on a lot of modern graphics cards, yes. That's completely normal, and not in any way related to my patch, or even to the game.

You can use the stretch controls to get around that, by stretching 640x400 to 640x480, or, for better quality, to a higher resolution like 1280x960 (using the Nearest filter, not the Linear one; that'll just blur it to hell)

No idea, but if he'd have left the dimensions of the SHP as they were, I'm pretty sure it'd work fine.

The SHP frame size had to be increased to fit a word that was larger in length than a single line.

You didn't think that we were messing with the files just for the heck of it, did you? :P

In that case, the usual fix is just to make the font smaller/narrower, as was done in the French version.

Or, you know, just re-center those pips :P

Looking at the SHP, it seems the "Primary" text will have the same problem.

Either way, if you change the size of a SHP file, expect it to have consequences. Lots of SHPs are exactly and only drawn and refreshed in their original dimensions, so if you ever need to do this, it's only logical you need to test that and see what the results of that change are in the game... and adjust it where needed.

I'm sorry but I haven't found a separate topic that would be about random feedback (and not suggestions, as in the title of this thread) for your patch.

Also it should be noted that I only asked about the changed tileset in a couple of missions.