WARNING: NEW GUY

Dr. Wonderful

And finally, yes, I have looked at your conversion guide. The problem is, I just have a reqular PNG. Only one frame. Soooo, I cant quite finish the conversion process.

Ehh. You mean all your frames are on one single PNG? Because I also wrote a guide for that.

If you mean your radar logo is a single frame instead of an animation, then you're Doing It Wrong. The SHP file needs to have all its frames, or it'll bug out when the logo changes to the radar minimap. That's why I said to start from the original.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's the problem. I am attempting to convert a regular picture. I use your conversion guide from png to shp all the way up till step seven, which is impossible because I don't have any frams to copy! Yuck.

And I'm. Still working on the radar logo. Each progressive frame is a darkened version of the last, right?

:engie:

Well, given the fact that on modern systems the animation is gone in a split second, it doesn't matter much :-\

This is a bit unrealistic. :( It should start the animation, stop half way, then go back and start it again, and then complain that my password was incorrect with a little popup, ask for permissions, then restart from the beginning of the animation, right?

:heady:

Well, given the fact that on modern systems the animation is gone in a split second, it doesn't matter much :-\

This is a bit unrealistic. :( It should start the animation, stop half way, then go back and start it again, and then complain that my password was incorrect with a little popup, ask for permissions, then restart from the beginning of the animation, right?

:heady:

I'm definitely doing that.

Now, I'm have trouble with getting vehicles or infanty to acually come out of a building when there built.

I don't know how to work the "exit cell(s)".  :S.

You don't. The presence of that list isn't what actually determines that a building can eject units. There's a fair bit more internal hardcoding involved apparently.

These exit cells are a link to a list of relative cell positions around the building that units can go to after exiting. They're actually more part of the building's foundation shape than of the build logic, and shouldn't be edited unless you change a building's shape. You can find all those shapes here, btw:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/inirules/grids.ini

The only things that work in terms of expanding production to new buildings is that any building can be set to produce buildings, since it doesn't require anything exiting, and the repair pad can produce helicopters, since it has the same unit docking logic. Though obviously it can't reload them.