Status Update: Yuri's Revenge - Tunnels & Other known issues

Grant

Dear CNC,

I have been playing CNC for about a year now and it seems that every time there is an update I can never connect to CNC. Typically I have to re-download the client so I can play on the older version, but sometimes that even doesn't work. I will log in and a few games will pop up and then I disconnect. I find it very frustrating because I just want to play the game online and its 2016, and the online system isn't working for me. Back in the day the online system worked much better.  I don't know if it is my computer or if its on your end. It does seem to work a week after the new update has been implemented. I love playing RA2, especially online, I just wish this didn't happen every time you guys complete an update. Ill be able to play for a week or so and then a new update comes along and shuts me down for awhile.

Anyway if you guys know of any reasons why I am disconnecting from CNC, please let me know! I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Brett Kenny

Dear CNC,

I have been playing CNC for about a year now and it seems that every time there is an update I can never connect to CNC. Typically I have to re-download the client so I can play on the older version, but sometimes that even doesn't work. I will log in and a few games will pop up and then I disconnect. I find it very frustrating because I just want to play the game online and its 2016, and the online system isn't working for me. Back in the day the online system worked much better.  I don't know if it is my computer or if its on your end. It does seem to work a week after the new update has been implemented. I love playing RA2, especially online, I just wish this didn't happen every time you guys complete an update. Ill be able to play for a week or so and then a new update comes along and shuts me down for awhile.

Anyway if you guys know of any reasons why I am disconnecting from CNC, please let me know! I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Brett Kenny

Hey Brett,

For us to help you we need to know what's going on behind the scenes. For us to work out any issues, we need some more information fro you. Please read the following in this topic  - https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=6478.0

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CNC

Every time you guys post an update I cannot connect to the tunnel server of the game. It doesn't allow me to play the game for a couple days and then I can play until you guys make another update and it screws me over again for like 3-4 days. It is very annoying and it has been a pattern since I started playing in December. I don't know what to do about it, but Id really like to play on my day off. This IS SOOOOOOO ANNOYING! I've had to re-download CNC like 15 times because of this and this recent update wont even let me play on the old version. It really bugs me and I honestly wish you guys wouldn't update the game because of this. I'm not sure if its my computer or what. I was playing all day yesterday and it worked great, now it doesn't even let me load any of the games. It'll start to load the games and then it'll just freeze and disconnect.

Thanks

Here are some screen shots of when I attempt to log into CNC. Grant, is there anyway I can speak with you on Dicord? I really am sick and tired of having to deal with this. I haven't been able to play since you guys updated RA2 and it really makes me upset.

Here are some screen shots of when I attempt to log into CNC. Grant, is there anyway I can speak with you on Dicord? I really am sick and tired of having to deal with this. I haven't been able to play since you guys updated RA2 and it really makes me upset.

Hello - I'm rarely available forums are the best place for me.

If you can upload screenshots (Print screen)

And also upload client.log - details here: https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=7243.0

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, just something interesting: I keep getting kicked for Excess Flood. AFAIK it's supposed to be 512 bytes in 8 seconds where this triggers (gamesurge default). Well, assuming cncnet uses 16 bit chars (and I guess it only uses 8), that's still 256 chars in 8 seconds. Even if for some reason half of it is color and other stuff, especially when I'm hosting, that's still 128 chars I need to type in 8 seconds. Well, I can manage about half of that only in that much time (about 60ish, maybe if I go hardcore I can reach 70, but that's my absolute peak). So why do I keep getting it?  :S

(Only today, I got it 3 times in 20 minutes).

Well, just something interesting: I keep getting kicked for Excess Flood. AFAIK it's supposed to be 512 bytes in 8 seconds where this triggers (gamesurge default). Well, assuming cncnet uses 16 bit chars (and I guess it only uses 8), that's still 256 chars in 8 seconds. Even if for some reason half of it is color and other stuff, especially when I'm hosting, that's still 128 chars I need to type in 8 seconds. Well, I can manage about half of that only in that much time (about 60ish, maybe if I go hardcore I can reach 70, but that's my absolute peak). So why do I keep getting it?  :S

What's your version? Please upload your client.log file

Keep in mind that the client needs to send a lot of data (game options, player sides/colors/teams/starts etc.) to the server when you're hosting a game, even if you wouldn't chat at all. So if you flood the chat a lot, you can get the client to send too much data to the server, resulting in the server kicking you.

It's also not only "512 bytes in 8 seconds" that triggers it, but you can also trigger it by sending too much data over a longer time. By sending one long message every 2.5 seconds you'll get kicked after a minute or two, for example. In other words, GameSurge has some more complex system where you can accumulate the "flood" over a longer time and get kicked that way, in addition to getting kicked if you flood too much in a few seconds.

Now, you might ask why the client allows you to flood so much. The reason is that I don't precisely know how GameSurge's flood detection system works. The client already throttles itself to make the "flood" kick rare; most of the time the client will only send 1 packet every 2.5 seconds, so if you for example flood the chat a lot, the other players will receive your messages at a much slower pace than you've sent them, approximately 1 message every 2.5 seconds. (As the game host the time can be longer, because the data packets for game options and player options are also taken into account in the client's flood-throttling mechanism). In nearly all cases this throttling is enough for keeping you on the server, but if you chat a lot in addition to hosting a game, you can occasionally trigger the GameSurge flood detection mechanism and get yourself kicked.

What's your version? Please upload your client.log file

Newest version supposedly. Can't upload it, I have already opened the client again since then, so that one is overwritten. If I ever trigger it again, gonna upload it.

Keep in mind that the client needs to send a lot of data (game options, player sides/colors/teams/starts etc.) to the server when you're hosting a game, even if you wouldn't chat at all. So if you flood the chat a lot, you can get the client to send too much data to the server, resulting in the server kicking you.

It's also not only "512 bytes in 8 seconds" that triggers it, but you can also trigger it by sending too much data over a longer time. By sending one long message every 2.5 seconds you'll get kicked after a minute or two, for example. In other words, GameSurge has some more complex system where you can accumulate the "flood" over a longer time and get kicked that way, in addition to getting kicked if you flood too much in a few seconds.

Now, you might ask why the client allows you to flood so much. The reason is that I don't precisely know how GameSurge's flood detection system works. The client already throttles itself to make the "flood" kick rare; most of the time the client will only send 1 packet every 2.5 seconds, so if you for example flood the chat a lot, the other players will receive your messages at a much slower pace than you've sent them, approximately 1 message every 2.5 seconds. (As the game host the time can be longer, because the data packets for game options and player options are also taken into account in the client's flood-throttling mechanism). In nearly all cases this throttling is enough for keeping you on the server, but if you chat a lot in addition to hosting a game, you can occasionally trigger the GameSurge flood detection mechanism and get yourself kicked.

Well, that explains it. Thanks. :)

Gonna try to throttle down a notch on my talking when hosting. A bit. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, another error. 

592c059217c09_yrproblem.thumb.png.5ce44b177d5686ee62989f44b020e870.png

This is also happening on mental omega's cncnet. i have the same error when trying to launch this i just updated by the way then it restarted now i cant launnch it so i think it's gonna be the newest update. 

K i dont know if this is what you are looking for but here.

29.05. 12:36:26.340    ***Logfile for Yuri's Revenge client***
29.05. 12:36:26.355    Client version: 2.0.6.7
29.05. 12:36:26.355    Loading settings.
29.05. 12:36:26.402    KABOOOOOOM!!! Info:
29.05. 12:36:26.402    Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
29.05. 12:36:26.402    Source: DTAClient
29.05. 12:36:26.402    TargetSite.Name: ‫‮‬‏‏‫‌‎‏‮‪‎ ‮‮‮‎ ‍‎‎‭‌‎ ‬‬‎‮
29.05. 12:36:26.402    Stacktrace:    at ‬‌‭‫‬‪‮  ‫‏ ‮‬‬‬‫‬‮‎‮‌‌‫‮.‫‮‬‏‏‫‌‎‏‮‪‎ ‮‮‮‎ ‍‎‎‭‌‎ ‬‬‎‮()
   at ‫ ‪‭‪‌‎‮‏‏‮‭‭‮‬‫‏‍‌‌ ‭‫‎‫‮‭‭‮.‬ ‏‍‍‮‌‪‭‎‍‍‏‭‍‫‪‪‏‬‭‮‏‮‍‮(String[] )
   at ‬‫‭‮‫‏‍‮‫‮‏‬‍‏‍‌‍‬‮‬ ‪‫‎‮.‍‍‮‎‏‍ ‫‬‏‌‏‭‫‮‭‫ ‭‭‭ ‎‭‮(String[] )

It isent a kaboom error i got but thisis the latest.

Edited by rossnisbe

• Grant locked and unpinned this topic