Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chem

Who wants a tick box for a stronger GDI weapons factory?

23 posts in this topic

Who is for, who is against?

A weapons factory as strong as a conyard, thats it.

Who is for who is against? Im assuming most will be for?

I am for this. This is coming from a nod player, they need help! (excluding jacko white and ferret) it would be interresting to see if the high level GDI players think its balanced enough as it is because they are the select few that can make GDI win vs other pros

Is it even possible?

That aside, I'm generally for not touching the game at all. Even the faster Nod cargo plane makes me wince a little.

And don't get me wrong, it's a good change, and it not only means that it's more even for a Nod player, no matter where they spawn, but it also cleared up the airstrip 'bug' where units had to be click again, on the sidebar, to fly the plane in.

Thing is, this game is now a classic. It is what it is. There's tones of quite broken stuff in it, and that's just part of the parcel that you get when you play an older game.

I love C&C. It is my favourite game. I've gone off and played other games, but always have come back to this. It's not the perfect game, nor the best game, but it's my favourite; and I accept it with it's flaws.

They kept Starcraft evolving through multi-player. They didn't keep it "classic".

While Blizzard players got forced to play the new version. CnCnet can give it as a choice.

I suggest having a tick box for playing "Enhanced" C&C (Or whatever name is would fit it the best). Where the latest multi-player version can be played by players demand.

Each month or so, only 1 thing should be changed and updated. And an update log should be kept.

If players don't like the latest change. It could be reversed or reconsidered.

First topic, war factory health. I think that about +50% health would do.

I agree with both X3M and White both make brilliant points.

Perhaps a tick box that separates enhanced or cnc.net balanced (faster planes, stronger weapons factory) from classic (paper weapons factory, slow planes) is the best way to go then you get the best of both worlds and people can choose what they like?

The issue is that the game is not like RA1 in that you can't just make quick changes. I don't actually know if what you're saying is possible.

The issue is that the game is not like RA1 in that you can't just make quick changes. I don't actually know if what you're saying is possible.

I see, well they made the planes faster I don't know if making the war factory have more hp is more difficult, but maybe someone will.

Are you opposed to the idea of a tick box, its only an option like separate heli or no selling mcv's, whats wrong with free choice for the people? Since it will also stay classic as you put it, infact it would be even more classic if they made the planes slow again, so it would be better for you and everyone at the tick of a box

I agree the default setting should remain "classic" because thats the game, but the game can also be made better (if changes can be made) so why not as an option?

Also westwood were changing it all the time with patches whos to say cnc.net cant make a better job of it, especially with knowledge of how modern rts games are balanced? Is classic really just subjective and not actually set in stone at all? Wouldnt westwood have done a better job of balance had they known what modern RTS developers know regarding balance? Where they new to it and making a pigs ear of it with the paper weapons factory? Does it really matter if westwood do it or cnc.net do it in a way thats better?

Also was the armor of the WF different at any point during the patching process done by westwood?

I see, well they made the planes faster I don't know if making the war factory have more hp is more difficult, but maybe someone will.

Are you opposed to the idea of a tick box, its only an option like separate heli or no selling mcv's, whats wrong with free choice for the people? Since it will also stay classic as you put it, infact it would be even more classic if they made the planes slow again, so it would be better for you and everyone at the tick of a box

I agree the default setting should remain "classic"

Also was the armor of the WF different at any point during the patching process done by westwood?

I'm more in Nyerguds box of not touching the game, except for making comparability changes, fixing bugs etc. But there could be a place for it.

Nyerguds, and previously myself, were happy with the idea of just running the game on higher resolution. But of course, this actually affects multiplayer a LOT. I've spent years building camera keys; yet I could (and others have) turn up the resolution to see the whole map on screen.

So even stuff that seems fine can be issues down the track.

Even redeploy MCV is annoying when it's in the game. And separate heli only made it in because the community complained about the 'advanced AI' setting (and rightfully so).

I don't think the WF was ever changed during any of the versions. The only big changes that I know are the resolution and turret strength.

I'm more in Nyerguds box of not touching the game, except for making comparability changes, fixing bugs etc. But there could be a place for it.

Nyerguds, and previously myself, were happy with the idea of just running the game on higher resolution. But of course, this actually affects multiplayer a LOT. I've spent years building camera keys; yet I could (and others have) turn up the resolution to see the whole map on screen.

Even redeploy MCV is annoying when it's in the game. And separate heli only made it in because the community complained about the 'advanced AI' setting (and rightfully so).

I don't think the WF was ever changed during any of the versions. The only big changes that I know are the resolution and turret strength.

Why is high resolution a problem? Dont the best players play at a low resolution? While it is harder to do there's a significant speed advantage if you are good with hot keys? Since your mouse has to travel less distance and there's easier control since clicking on things is easier since they are bigger

I agree re the mcv when you dont expect it, the heli option is a good idea but again that makes it less classic and you like classic yet you support the change for helis?

Not trying to be argumentative just fun to discuss different sides

Why is high resolution a problem? Dont the best players play at a low resolution? While it is harder to do there's a significant speed advantage if you are good with hot keys? Since your mouse has to travel less distance and there's easier control since clicking on things is easier since they are bigger

I agree re the mcv when you dont expect it, the heli option is a good idea but again that makes it less classic and you like classic yet you support the change for helis?

I was told to pick something other than "advanced AI" from a list. There were 2 I was looking at, the other being "Wheeled Vehicle Rotation". I picked the Heli thing, I thought it'd be more useful. Note that I HAD to pick 1.

There is SOME truth to what you say about the distance of mouse moving. But note that your opponent being able to see ANYTHING they've scouted during the game INSTANTLY, is massive.

The other thing about mastering hotkeys is that you become bloody good at multi-prong attacks. Especially when playing as Nod. It's something I've used against Mr,Buggy to good affect. It simply cannot be done vs Jacko. That's a big loss to tactical possibilities, and is NOT a result of how good Jacko is.

And that's not to crap on Jacko, there are many things that kid is insanely good at (unit composition, for example).

Simply put, I like fair games, and I like a game full of possibilities. I also respect the original game. Do I have a direct answer to everything? no. Like I said about the Nod plane. Yes it makes me uncomfortable, because it's people messing with gameplay, ultimately, I like it.

As long as it's optional, I'm all for it.

XM3 TaxOwlbear and Chem all vote yes, white no.

Are you opposed to a tick box white because thats all we are proposing.

Also will a stronger weapons factory that we all want actually make the game more or less balanced? Will it make GDI OP? oNLY WHITE JACKO AND FERRET WILL KNOW THAT

I was told to pick something other than "advanced AI" from a list. There were 2 I was looking at, the other being "Wheeled Vehicle Rotation". I picked the Heli thing, I thought it'd be more useful. Note that I HAD to pick 1.

There is SOME truth to what you say about the distance of mouse moving. But note that your opponent being able to see ANYTHING they've scouted during the game INSTANTLY, is massive.

The other thing about mastering hotkeys is that you become bloody good at multi-prong attacks. Especially when playing as Nod. It's something I've used against Mr,Buggy to good affect. It simply cannot be done vs Jacko. That's a big loss to tactical possibilities, and is NOT a result of how good Jacko is.

And that's not to crap on Jacko, there are many things that kid is insanely good at (unit composition, for example).

Simply put, I like fair games, and I like a game full of possibilities. I also respect the original game. Do I have a direct answer to everything? no. Like I said about the Nod plane. Yes it makes me uncomfortable, because it's people messing with gameplay, ultimately, I like it.

I think the ra1 guys are on another level to all of us Ehy and other elite ra1 players, and do they not play at lower resolution too like you do? To gain the advantage? Or is it a different dynamic in RA1?

I watched a few fights between the top guys in a tournament and they seem to use the lower resolutions or medium resolutions never the highest ones available like jacko I and many on cnc 1 do

I was of the understanding that high resolution is a big short term gain ie it makes it so much easier to play but long term it will limit your speed and stop you reaching your full potential?

Is a medium resolution + hotkeys the optimal balance of speed and information?

I do play on 1280x720 on both TD, and RA1.

There are some slight advantages and disadvantages to each resolution, but honestly it's just preference in the end.

I can give you more insight on what I mean if you'd like.

I do play on 1280x720 on both TD, and RA1.

There are some slight advantages and disadvantages to each resolution, but honestly it's just preference in the end.

I can give you more insight on what I mean if you'd like.

Id love that, what do you estimate gives the greatest advantage? Do the top guys on ra1 mostly use a medium resolution? Low? High? Or does it just fit your play style/your own strengths and weaknesses as a person?

Do you think making the gdi war factory stronger will make GDI OP because you are one of the few players that can win over most nod players even early on. You are also an expert with troops and going helis with GDI, do you think its already well balanced but few people are good enough with GDI to see it?

Ferret, as GDI professional. Your opinion on the matter is of great value.

Although, I never managed to touch your factories. :)

Ferret, as GDI professional. Your opinion on the matter is of great value.

Although, I never managed to touch your factories. :)

How does he manage to pull that off is it because he always attacks? Trying to force you into a head on battle 24 7 so you dont get to use your speed advantage? So he always sends grenadiers early enough to be a problem for buggies to stop, then by the time you scrape through with buggies hes sending meds

lots of meds,

Maybe flammers and apachis would be a good counter to ferrets style? Ive gotta try that never do it because buggies pwn so much

I m pretty sure Jacko wants a tick box, he always disliked the weak weapons factory, I seem to remember him saying bikes n buggies would still be effective if the weapons factories were as strong as con yards

I m pretty sure Jacko wants a tick box, he always disliked the weak weapons factory, I seem to remember him saying bikes n buggies would still be effective if the weapons factories were as strong as con yards

Well it's not like I've never had my con sniped by bike/buggy, that's for sure. The power of hit and run attacks is very map dependant, though.

Well it's not like I've never had my con sniped by bike/buggy, that's for sure. The power of hit and run attacks is very map dependant, though.

hmm

I think overall GDI are played alot less because they are harder to master and on most maps the inferior side, (not yours and some others) not to mention everyone hates being wiped out via the conyard and war factory blow out with nukes and Apache's etc

Also everyone hates that it was balanced via being made so delicate, it looks like a strong building its made of robust looking steel and it folds like a straw hut

Tick box would get us alot more awesome heavy tank battles

Also I think alot of GDI players ie people who prefer the GDI side are forced into playing nod because its the only way for them to win.

Just my 2 cents

GDI v Nod is easier on my maps IF people stick to the current meta game. That is; assume that bike/buggy with carry them 90%+ of the way through their game.
The only GDI I lose to on my own maps when playing as Nod is vs Ferret.

On 19/04/2017 at 8:23 AM, AchromicWhite said:

GDI v Nod is easier on my maps IF people stick to the current meta game. That is; assume that bike/buggy with carry them 90%+ of the way through their game.
The only GDI I lose to on my own maps when playing as Nod is vs Ferret.

What about Jacko do you beat him on your maps when he is GDI and you are nod? Thats impressive if you do.

WELL ITS A MASSIVE LANDSLIDE DEMOCRATIC WIN FOR THE TICKBOX,

I DONT THINK THIS WILL TAKEAWAY FROM WHITES MAPS WE NEED SOME PRO GDI MAPS ANYWAY BECAUSE NO ONE LIKES A CLUSTER FCUK OF A GAME DUE TO THE R TARD AI, SO OPEN MAPS TEND TO BE POPULAR BUT UNFORTUNATELY USUALLY NOD BIAS