C&C95 v1.06c revision 4?

Nyerguds

There seems to be a bug where Nod cannot build Chemical Warriors under any circumstances in Single Player missions.

Included a test map to illustrate this, with BuildLevel = 98, and "RemoveBuildExceptions=True"

Can build MRLS, Helipads and APCs, along with SSMs, Commandos and everything else ... except Chem. Warriors.

scb39ea.BIN

scb39ea.INI

Edited by nariac

God, I would LOVE a chance to work with some new tile sets. Nariac's suggested updates to the existing Temperate and Snow tile sets would be a very welcome addition as well but Nyer's right, there is no editor out there capable of supporting new tiles. We would need to add them into the XCC editor AND modify the base game... a massive undertaking indeed. I doubt it would ever happen.

1 hour ago, Darkstar387 said:

God, I would LOVE a chance to work with some new tile sets. Nariac's suggested updates to the existing Temperate and Snow tile sets would be a very welcome addition as well but Nyer's right, there is no editor out there capable of supporting new tiles. We would need to add them into the XCC editor AND modify the base game... a massive undertaking indeed. I doubt it would ever happen.

They could be hex-edited in, it wouldn't be too difficult. Nyer has done this before to showcase hex-editing - if memory serves he used a hex editor to place a Temperate debris tile into a Desert map.

Yeah, I removed the ownership restrictions for terrain tiles in one of the first patches, so you don't need any additional exe changes for recycling tiles on other theaters; it just works.

They still exist for terrain objects like trees and such though, since placing these if there are no graphics for them seems to crash the game :P

Is it possible to remove the "price limit" for the Dinosaurs? When changing C&C.exe by TibEd, there is a maximum cost of $127 for them. Some other units have similar limitations in strength or prerequisite, too.

Yeah, I'd love to see the new tiles too. But really I'd like to see them in an editor for community use, and obviously, that's a lot of work. But heck, I'd love a LOT of things for this game that will quite possibly never happen :P haha.
-Larger maps
-rules.ini editing
-Selectable start positions (and true randomised start positions, too)

I could go on, but you get the idea, haha.
Anyway, I've learned to just let patch developers just do their thing. After all, just look at how much more this game has gotten since the community (OK mostly Nyer) started patching it.

3 hours ago, AchromicWhite said:

Yeah, I'd love to see the new tiles too. But really I'd like to see them in an editor for community use, and obviously, that's a lot of work. But heck, I'd love a LOT of things for this game that will quite possibly never happen :P haha.

It's sort of a chicken and the egg problem though, one of those things has to happen first. :P The editors can't be patched to add new tiles until the new tiles exist, but if people can't easily add the new tiles without an editor, what's the incentive to add new tiles? :D

Hex editing is our friend here. It's a workable stopgap which will let us use the new tiles until some kind soul decides to edit the editors to be able to easily place them.

• Upvote 1

On 2017-5-5 at 6:04 PM, Messiah said:

Is it possible to remove the "price limit" for the Dinosaurs? When changing C&C.exe by TibEd, there is a maximum cost of $127 for them. Some other units have similar limitations in strength or prerequisite, too.

There's a bit of a paradox there. I can easily expand them all to full size, but that would make it incompatible with fixed-offset-reading tools like TibEd :P

And without TibEd, when just hacking, well... as I said, it's not hard.

21 hours ago, nariac said:

It's sort of a chicken and the egg problem though, one of those things has to happen first. :P The editors can't be patched to add new tiles until the new tiles exist, but if people can't easily add the new tiles without an editor, what's the incentive to add new tiles? :D

Hex editing is our friend here. It's a workable stopgap which will let us use the new tiles until some kind soul decides to edit the editors to be able to easily place them.

This is actually an excellent point.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kilkakon said:

I missed this topic entirely :(

I'll gladly take any upgrades you have to give Nyer, although I'm guessing at this point for my exe it's so mangled it's probably not worth the trouble :P

There is a point to be made on that note, though. Which is being careful of hacking the exe, to the point that community projects (especially large ones... and as the community grows, we may well have more) are no longer compatible. Though, it's a pretty obvious point, but still.

On 5/9/2017 at 7:48 AM, AchromicWhite said:

There is a point to be made on that note, though. Which is being careful of hacking the exe, to the point that community projects (especially large ones... and as the community grows, we may well have more) are no longer compatible. Though, it's a pretty obvious point, but still.

I'm aware of that. It's what delayed this for so long. I've long wanted to convert my project into asm patches to all be applied to a bare original (expanded) C&C95 v1.04 exe, but at this moment I'm really not up to converting it all, hence why I decided to just get the existing changes out there at least.

That said, the new changes do all exist as asm code, and I'd like to share them with the cncnet project, since some of them, like the message sound and Commando voice fix, were actually designed with multiplayer in mind, but Funky basically just said "dump it on the code repository", and I'm still quite unsure on the exact syntax and organization of their project, so I'd really prefer it if @FunkyFr3sh would just take the code I have and convert/integrate it the way they want... :confused:

On 5/9/2017 at 2:46 AM, Kilkakon said:

I missed this topic entirely :(

I'll gladly take any upgrades you have to give Nyer, although I'm guessing at this point for my exe it's so mangled it's probably not worth the trouble :P

It's possible your mod is based on one of my internal betas anyway, actually... but if you want stuff like that commando fix, sure, no prob.

35 minutes ago, Nyerguds said:

It's possible your mod is based on one of my internal betas anyway, actually... but if you want stuff like that commando fix, sure, no prob.

Funny enough I actually padded out my equivalent of "got a present for ya" out with some silence so the acknowledgement wouldn't play over it haha

I did that too, a long time ago, for myself, but more recently I thought, hey, can't I just filter out, in the code playing that commando yell on the map (because it's a localized sound played from a map cell) whether the actual current player is the one who gave that bomb command, and in that case, just not play it? Then all I'd need to do is figure out how to give the Commando that same clip I suppressed as actual unit response to the bombing command.

And that worked :)

If you guys can figure out a way to get custom theaters in, I can guarantee you another 50+ maps. I've got some more in the pipe already.

Pertaining to Nariac's chicken egg theory,  it'd make sense for the tiles to come first. As with any system, you have to have the raw material in place before you build anything. In this case, the graphics are the raw material, and they've already been made. Somebody just needs to group them into tiles to be used in the XCC map editor.

• Upvote 1

New theaters have the problem that they need new icon sets. I'd have to build in a 'default set' that only uses the non-changing part of the palette that can be used as fallback before I can implement free adding of theaters, otherwise it'll break on all language packs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Just wondering, is there any chance of return screen shaking (like DOS ver.) in SP and Skirmish. I suppose it's totally removed from Windows version.

Also I used hacked DOS version to use 50 units with bases. I searching with hex editor inside C&C95.exe but not found any way to do it.

Edited by riderr3

On 3/28/2018 at 5:27 AM, riderr3 said:

Just wondering, is there any chance of return screen shaking (like DOS ver.) in SP and Skirmish. I suppose it's totally removed from Windows version.

I remember the screen shaking when blowing up a construction yard on the DOS version I never had disconnection problems either when playing dial up multiplayer games but that only allowed you to play head to head even if the person dialing could do conference calls. Still unsure why it caused disconnection problems I guess the high latency caused the shaking to go out of sync.

Would we be able to add the who is lagging text like how it has been added to Red Alert? Also it would be cool if you could choose to spectate rather than having to resign. Not having the option causes the person who is unfortunate to have the spectator spawn on their starting position deploying delays on head to head maps. I'd like to see the option to choose your starting position added as well most RTS games have that option. It would be nice to be able to guarantee the positions to be swapped on a rematch to avoid map balance excuses.

Also would like to see bigger maps I don't think the current sized maps were ever intended for 6 players especially on the official maps but yeah the editor would probably have to be updated too but it was obviously updated when snow was added so why not just update it again?

One more thing I'd like to see is a quick match option I've noticed its been added to Red Alert so why not add it to the original as well? Also the computer shouldn't take over the player when they abort their base should just explode people sometimes capture the retarded computer players structures and have an unfair advantage especially on money maps where it is a race to harvest the most tiberium. Even on maps with a sensible amount of tiberium its a problem really unsure why Westwood thought it was a good idea for a poorly programmed AI to take over.

Edited by weaveR
  • Like 1

I've noticed a few bugs in recent days that I never noticed before, although I don't know why they suddenly exist or if they have to do with the 1.06c patch. The first thing I noticed is that every time I load a saved game, track #70 in my customized "themes.ini" plays.  Every time.  I have the Nintendo 64 version of "Radio" set as this track, and I am getting tired of hearing it.  Does this have to do with a corrupted .ini file or something?

The other thing I noticed is that only one troop can be ordered to go in to an APC at a time.  I could have sworn you could previously select 5 troops, click on an APC, and they would eventually all go in (as long as the APC was not moving or stuck against a building or something).  However, now only one troop will go in at a time, and you have to manually send them all in.

1 hour ago, Lightning Hunter said:

IThe other thing I noticed is that only one troop can be ordered to go in to an APC at a time.  I could have sworn you could previously select 5 troops, click on an APC, and they would eventually all go in (as long as the APC was not moving or stuck against a building or something).  However, now only one troop will go in at a time, and you have to manually send them all in.

This is definitely not a bug. But 5 units can all get in transport in Red Alert 1, but no C&C TD (APC, Chinook, e.t.c).

Interestingly enough, in C&C TD is possible to capture enemy chinook on the land, but in Red Alert 1 this feature is removed.

I guess my memory is starting to slip, given the fact I've been playing C&C sin

7 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

This is definitely not a bug. But 5 units can all get in transport in Red Alert 1, but no C&C TD (APC, Chinook, e.t.c).

Interestingly enough, in C&C TD is possible to capture enemy chinook on the land, but in Red Alert 1 this feature is removed.

I guess my memory is starting to slip, given the fact I've been playing C&C since it came out. :P

I would still like to solve the music issue, however. Nyerguds might be able to help with that one (I hope).

Edited by Lightning Hunter