C&C95 v1.06c revision 4?

Nyerguds

5 hours ago, Lightning Hunter said:

The other thing I noticed is that only one troop can be ordered to go in to an APC at a time.

It's always been like that even since the DOS version its like no build que everything has to be done manually its part of the Westwood C&C charm its like driving a manual car some people prefer to manually do things if you don't like it go play the open source version of TD or one of the newer C&Cs.

Besides APCs are really only used for 1 engineer unless your playing against the potato AI.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, weaveR said:

Also it would be cool if you could choose to spectate rather than having to resign. Not having the option causes the person who is unfortunate to have the spectator spawn on their starting position deploying delays on head to head maps. I'd like to see the option to choose your starting position added as well most RTS games have that option. It would be nice to be able to guarantee the positions to be swapped on a rematch to avoid map balance excuses.

I suspect bigger maps are insanely hard to get, but who knows, Nyer's pulled off stuff he thought he couldn't do before.

I WOULD really like to see a spec mode, though. Not sure how hard that one is.

9 hours ago, AchromicWhite said:

I suspect bigger maps are insanely hard to get, but who knows, Nyer's pulled off stuff he thought he couldn't do before.

I WOULD really like to see a spec mode, though. Not sure how hard that one is.

They did spec mode for Red Alert and I think it was added somehow because you never could do it before CnCNet existed it could have been one of the hidden options buried in the code though hopefully TD has it in its code too or there's some way to trigger a base to not spawn.

Oh well the game is now much better than it originally was anyway bigger maps would be nice though.

14 hours ago, weaveR said:

They did spec mode for Red Alert and I think it was added somehow because you never could do it before CnCNet existed it could have been one of the hidden options buried in the code though hopefully TD has it in its code too or there's some way to trigger a base to not spawn.

Oh well the game is now much better than it originally was anyway bigger maps would be nice though.

Yeah, I AM aware that they indeed did it for RA1.
Not sure how they did that exactly.

Because you'd still have to spawn as one of the houses somehow, no?
IDK

On 4/2/2018 at 10:15 PM, weaveR said:

I added the spectator mode. It's not a hidden option it was added from scratch. It just prevents the player from spawning, sets him to 'dead' and gives him radar. The hardest part is patching the spawning logic so it ignores spectators when calculating spawning positions for other players.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Iran said:

I added the spectator mode. It's not a hidden option it was added from scratch. It just prevents the player from spawning, sets him to 'dead' and gives him radar. The hardest part is patching the spawning logic so it ignores spectators when calculating spawning positions for other players.

Well, it's a damn good job. I'm surprised it ever got done, because it honestly doesn't look easy to do.

it wasn't that hard because I already had the selectable spawning positions code. Which also has to take in mind players who selected their spawning position when calculating the furthest distance for spawning players who haven't selected their spawning position.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Just wondering if the score and map screens will be fixed to fit the screen in the new update?

You mean how it's in the top left corner?

Not sure what you mean by the "map screen".

It's an issue with resolution... and given that the res is set before the game launches, I doubt that'd be any simple fix. I'd personally rather them work on more useful stuff, which can be done a lot quicker.

cnc-ddraw already fixed this... there's no way to change that except through cnc-ddraw. Even if we found some in-engine way of stretching video content, these aren't videos; they're built up from WSA animations, SHP sprites and fonts.

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:59 AM, Nyerguds said:

cnc-ddraw already fixed this... there's no way to change that except through cnc-ddraw. Even if we found some in-engine way of stretching video content, these aren't videos; they're built up from WSA animations, SHP sprites and fonts.

Hi Nyerguds, Yeah I know cnc-ddraw fixes the issue, problem is on my machine the game crashes with the old memory exception error before the 'this program has stopped working' message appears.  I have to play with ddraw off to play.  It's not a big issue or anything, it was just something I was curious about as I know it was fixed for Red Alert with an updated installer.

AchromicWhite - By 'map screen' I was talking about the mission select screen.

20 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Hi Nyerguds, Yeah I know cnc-ddraw fixes the issue, problem is on my machine the game crashes with the old memory exception error before the 'this program has stopped working' message appears.  I have to play with ddraw off to play.  It's not a big issue or anything, it was just something I was curious about as I know it was fixed for Red Alert with an updated installer.

AchromicWhite - By 'map screen' I was talking about the mission select screen.

Make sure you disable all compat modes for c&c95.exe and then cnc-ddraw should work fine. If it still doesn't work, rename the file to c&c95_123.exe and make a new shortcut on your desktop.

8 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Make sure you disable all compat modes for c&c95.exe and then cnc-ddraw should work fine. If it still doesn't work, rename the file to c&c95_123.exe and make a new shortcut on your desktop.

Hi FunkyFr3sh, that works now thanks.  My issue now though is the mouse is so fast it darts around the screen when I move it and I can't click on anything.  Would you know how to fix that? I do have the framerate limit and the 'automatically adjust sensitivity to resolution' options enabled in the config for your information.

*Update*

It's ok, I fixed it by setting the mouse hack to 'false' in the ddraw config.  Latest Window's 10 developer update was my problem there by the looks of it.

Thanks for the assist.

Edited by The Doctor
Fixed issue
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Hi FunkyFr3sh, that works now thanks.  My issue now though is the mouse is so fast it darts around the screen when I move it and I can't click on anything.  Would you know how to fix that? I do have the framerate limit and the 'automatically adjust sensitivity to resolution' options enabled in the config for your information.

*Update*

It's ok, I fixed it by setting the mouse hack to 'false' in the ddraw config.  Latest Window's 10 developer update was my problem there by the looks of it.

Thanks for the assist.

Setting mhack to false works, but now windowed mode is broken and the mouse might leave the screen if you enable stretching. The win 10 bug was fixed in the latest cnc-ddraw, get the updated C&C95 Config from here https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/7782-new-cnc-ddraw-release-red-alert-1-cc95/

23 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Setting mhack to false works, but now windowed mode is broken and the mouse might leave the screen if you enable stretching. The win 10 bug was fixed in the latest cnc-ddraw, get the updated C&C95 Config from here https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/7782-new-cnc-ddraw-release-red-alert-1-cc95/

We really need to exchange information on what is in there... it's dumb to not have that stuff in the 1.06 patch -_-

• 3 months later...

Hi. Would it be possible to fix the annoying money sound bug? I'm talking about the clicking sound effect when your money amount is changing (increasing or decreasing). In the DOS version the sound clicks repeatedly as long as the money amount is being modified (i.e. when repairing a building). In the Windows version the click is heard once and then it's silent even though the amount is changing. I've read somewhere that this is caused by high framerates but I wasn't able to fix it.

EDIT: Is seems that the volume of that particular sound effect is so low I had thought that that it's not playing at all. I was wrong. However I wonder why is the sound noticably quieter than in the DOS version.

Edited by Paar