Your favorite map +why.

JSDS

Extra Small map because have a lot of fun and is not just tanks spamming is a totally different strategy ass the usual  :laugh: Crates for fun and lucky game and no crates for more fun and smart play.  :)

yeah

I like to alt peoples wf and ore refinery in that map  :P

• Upvote 2

Extremely hard for me to pick a favorite map. I have a 'soft' spot for 3on3 Bay of pigs. It's a pretty balanced map from all factions (minus yuri's boomers which is just unfair on almost any water map) and most importantly it features an excellent balance of Land, Air, Naval warfare. With supers on it really has many dimensions to it.

You can be the soviets and kill opponents via land while the opponents focus too much attention on navy/air.

You can be allies and rush with destroyers/rocketeers in hopes to weaken the enemys oil derrick reserves.

You can rush to super weapons in hopes to be the first with SW and win the game that way... with a chronosphere prism tank attack etc.

You can camp it out at the small pinch points on the map.

So many endless strategies on the map, I usually do not play the same strategy twice in a row.

The only problem is boomers cant be seen and on such a large naval map make it truly unfair. Also, allied destroyers rushing around the map to kill oil derricks are borderline destructive to the gameplay. It sucks when an allied player goes straight to 2-3 destroyers, comes from behind, and while you are barely getting your first couple of rhino tanks out, there behind your base destroying your derricks.Although, this tactic can be stopped by the more proficient if it is seen.

• Upvote 1

Extremely hard for me to pick a favorite map. I have a 'soft' spot for 3on3 Bay of pigs. It's a pretty balanced map from all factions (minus yuri's boomers which is just unfair on almost any water map) and most importantly it features an excellent balance of Land, Air, Naval warfare. With supers on it really has many dimensions to it.

You can be the soviets and kill opponents via land while the opponents focus too much attention on navy/air.

You can be allies and rush with destroyers/rocketeers in hopes to weaken the enemys oil derrick reserves.

You can rush to super weapons in hopes to be the first with SW and win the game that way... with a chronosphere prism tank attack etc.

So many endless strategies on the map, I usually do not play the same strategy twice in a row.

The only problem is boomers cant be seen and on such a large naval map make it truly unfair. Also, allied destroyers rushing around the map to kill oil derricks are borderline destructive to the gameplay. It sucks when an allied player goes straight to 2-3 destroyers, comes from behind, and while you are barely getting your first couple of rhino tanks out, there behind your base destroying your derricks.Although, this tactic can be stopped by the more proficient if it is seen.

hmm bay of pigs

It is team map i not big fan of it but yr and France power there (boomers and grand cannon)

So annoying when camp without SW

I personaly prefer push enemy with rhinos or sneak seal in water to kill stuff :P

Team map that requires all members to be doing something strategic and different (i.e. not everyone can go navy, and not everyone can go land). I don't feel camping is too big of a problem on the map since if someone camps vs. land, you just go around and use navy, etc.

Loveeee it. The only issue is the dependence on oil derricks. If they get taking out early, it's hard to come back.

This is much harder to answer than it should be. Back when I first started playing online around in 2004 or so, my favorite map was easily May Day as I went undefeated on it for about 40 games running (aside from an instance where somebody cheated with president IFVs). Now with those golden days aside, I avoid playing it altogether as I've grown sick of looking at it, not to mention that with the years of rust and alcohol poisoning I've built up I'm nowhere near as good at the game as I once was. :P

Without a ladder I prefer team games all in all now, so the winner easily goes to Country Swing in that regard. Countless hours spent playing with friends and some of the best players the community had to offer was a lot of fun and still is now. I'm seeing a lot more old school players appear once again (played a few with Valentino yesterday for example) so hopefully more of these games will be had.

• Upvote 1

I'am Fine with most of the maps but maybe i like Playin Toe more [Not that camp 2 h long game ofc] normal games as it all depend on teamwork so i like it

of topic :P

what is your favorite bro ?  :)

• Upvote 1

I'am Fine with most of the maps but maybe i like Playin Toe more [Not that camp 2 h long game ofc] normal games as it all depend on teamwork so i like it

yea i said it Toe [Tour of egypt] lol

i was joking  :P

Got you admmit it! :P

i was joking  :P

Got you admmit it! :P

Still my fav map is TOE lol :P

• Upvote 1

For me, I like official tourney map B. It doesn't matter where you start because both sides are equal, and its open so you can't hardcore turtle. It's just big enough to easily stop an early rush if detected, but small enough to successfully rush. Though you still need to have proper eco, the oil derricks and gems give you enough money to use almost any build order or strategy with the standard 10,000 credits. There is also a variety of strategies that can be used in this map. The only problem is dog fights, nothing is more irritating than your opponent sending a dog or two and killing all your dogs with his luck and denying your set of oil derricks, or even worse, killing all your dogs and eating your engies.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GG1324 said:

For me, I like official tourney map B. It doesn't matter where you start because both sides are equal, and its open so you can't hardcore turtle. It's just big enough to easily stop an early rush if detected, but small enough to successfully rush. Though you still need to have proper eco, the oil derricks and gems give you enough money to use almost any build order or strategy with the standard 10,000 credits. There is also a variety of strategies that can be used in this map. The only problem is dog fights, nothing is more irritating than your opponent sending a dog or two and killing all your dogs with his luck and denying your set of oil derricks, or even worse, killing all your dogs and eating your engies.

Think I played with you on official B << Rocketeer

Should do some more games :)

10 hours ago, GG1324 said:

Goooood Answer. Official tournament map B was one of my first "favorite" maps on ra2 XWIS back in 2005. I played it religiously. I love the aspect of different strategies. One game you could go 3 war factories while building towards your opponent and the next you can go to immediate naval. I also used navy stretches there a lot (which is likely a bad thing as I think that map has the most "tie game" scenarios in history of ra2!).

Heck's another map that is spectacular.

• Upvote 1

Favorite bigger map? Hard to pick, honestly. I like Heartland and Golden State Freeway because they can turn on a dime.

Favorite small map? It's hard for me to not say Little Big Lake. Even with the advantage going to bottom, there are so many small battles to be fought and different ways it can unfold. 

For me a lot depends who you're playing with. I really love high pressure maps like Arena 33 but fun on that map is only possible if the guy across from you is at a certain skill level. If i have noobs around then i'd have much more fun playing a more camp map like sedona where new guys can take their time running through their nub bo to the point where they can help with tanks or anything. For smaller maps I really enjoy Dry heat and snow valley even though i'm probably awful at both. Dune patrol just for warming up.

Edited by aWarNoob1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/13/2017 at 5:59 AM, XXxPrePxX said:

BoP can be amazing.