Why people say Alting is a lame tactic or cheat?

Kikematamitos

I am afraid for be banned but i am not sure if is a lame tactic, i try vs good players and they just know hot to counter that and i lose a miner, so i think if alting is a lame tactic drone + engineer in a flak track are the same because you need to sell the building but is true is more easy kill a drone and a engineer that a war miner.

Considered this, i discovery this playing extra small map i am not a evil persone that love trolling i hate trolling but i don't want stopping doing strategies just because some people say is cheat like some people say that play ass yuri, france, no crates extra small, TOE rush and engi is cheat, i need a good reason because nobody convince me because i can build $300 of walls for stop it and his timing of the executor will be several affected more that if i drone his miner in base, drone is another way of stop it:

Watch this before comment this topic

Well Drone and engi in a flak some say lame but it's something in the game u can use just combine between 2 units so it's a Noob Tactic not a lame one i say But for Altin it's a bug in the game so it's considered cheating As for the video in this Topic it doesn't show any thing as u can't alt urself lol u can only do it to others

Well Drone and engi in a flak some say lame but it's something in the game u can use just combine between 2 units so it's a Noob Tactic not a lame one i say But for Altin it's a bug in the game so it's considered cheating As for the video in this Topic it doesn't show any thing as u can't alt urself lol u can only do it to others

Ok i gone a make a new vide whit a friend and i will change the video, only for you.

its considered "bug abuse" as far as i know. Not sure if its bannable.

So what's the bug? I don't get it  O_o

It's something in the game if u got a tank or miner and selected that and pressed Alt on the enemy war or ref it will move and stop on it Stoppin the enemy miners from dumpin or the tanks production from the war so the enemy can't make any tanks nor get money if he's altin both ref and war not only that but also if u attacked wtv is blockin the buildings the buildin will take damage from u as u can't just hit the tank or miner that's blockin it and it may lead to destroy ur own building [Got it ?]  :P

if it's not clear enough watch This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-960uf_FSY

It's something in the game if u got a tank or miner and selected that and pressed Alt on the enemy war or ref it will move and stop on it Stoppin the enemy miners from dumpin or the tanks production from the war so the enemy can't make any tanks nor get money if he's altin both ref and war not only that but also if u attacked wtv is blockin the buildings the buildin will take damage from u as u can't just hit the tank or miner that's blockin it and it may lead to destroy ur own building [Got it ?]  :P

You describe bad the alting, that video you show is vs a noob player is imposible do that whit tanks vs an average player and never vs a good player, to block the War Factory for nothing go out of there need press Alt all time so you can't do anything more, also i put a video that describe how to counter that and exist many ways but some people think is cheating.

what u did at that video wasn't altin as it didn't stop the tank from gettin out  like the other video in my last reply so it's not cheatin but it's lame as u make the war take damage along side with the miner which lame and noob tactic Yes But not cheat tho i would say

You describe bad the alting, that video you show is vs a noob player is imposible do that whit tanks vs an average player and never vs a good player, to block the War Factory for nothing go out of there need press Alt all time so you can't do anything more, also i put a video that describe how to counter that and exist many ways but some people think is cheating.

actually it's not a noob player Trust me on this one he was cought of gaurd as this is cheatin and he's playin normaly for fun But normaly this player is highly skilled any1 can agree with me on that :P

actually it's not a noob player Trust me on this one he was cought of gaurd as this is cheatin and he's playin normaly for fun But normaly this player is highly skilled any1 can agree with me on that :P

A skilled player that leave his sentry gun destroy the War Factory and not sell the building before lose it? well i think we have bad days.

Speaking about alting i won serie of games vs good player when score was close 3_3 maybe i won the final game by alting his Wf in dry heat :P

And he didint cry about it because he is good player not cryer and he said GG not crying

Moral of the story:

Play the game dont alt a player who cryes  ;)

Alting is not only lame, but bug abuse and borderline cheating (depending on definition).

Difference between an engi rush and an alt? An engi rush is doing exactly what it is designed to do. From my understanding, it was never meant that you could stack a tank on top of an enemy building and have an enemy cause damage to his own building for shooting your tank (This is why alting is a bannable offense on XWIS server).

Now, from a gameplay point of view, why is alting lame?

Scenario 1: Let's say you are in a ranked 1on1 game on the map Blood feud. Your opponent is Yuri and you are the soviets. Yuri decides to build Power, slave miner, barracks, slave miner base order. He sends his first slave miner directly to your base and stacks it right on top of your ore refinery. What can you do in this situation? You can no longer get early ore to your refinery, you have to kill that miner to get money and thus kill your ore refinery.

Yea, there ARE ways around that attack, but it is incredibly difficult to deal with.

Scenario 2: Both players are having a great game and resources are running limited. It's sov vs. sov on country swing, both players have sold MCV and are down to their final buildings. Player A decides to sneak in 2-3 tanks to enemies war factory. In any normal situation, player B would simply react quickly and kill those tanks, but Player A decides to alt the war factory and suicide his tanks to kill player B's only war factory. Now player A has won abusing a glitch.

Bogus.

Alting is not only lame, but bug abuse and borderline cheating (depending on definition).

Difference between an engi rush and an alt? An engi rush is doing exactly what it is designed to do. From my understanding, it was never meant that you could stack a tank on top of an enemy building and have an enemy cause damage to his own building for shooting your tank (This is why alting is a bannable offense on XWIS server).

Now, from a gameplay point of view, why is alting lame?

Scenario 1: Let's say you are in a ranked 1on1 game on the map Blood feud. Your opponent is Yuri and you are the soviets. Yuri decides to build Power, slave miner, barracks, slave miner base order. He sends his first slave miner directly to your base and stacks it right on top of your ore refinery. What can you do in this situation? You can no longer get early ore to your refinery, you have to kill that miner to get money and thus kill your ore refinery.

Yea, there ARE ways around that attack, but it is incredibly difficult to deal with.

Scenario 2: Both players are having a great game and resources are running limited. It's sov vs. sov on country swing, both players have sold MCV and are down to their final buildings. Player A decides to sneak in 2-3 tanks to enemies war factory. In any normal situation, player B would simply react quickly and kill those tanks, but Player A decides to alt the war factory and suicide his tanks to kill player B's only war factory. Now player A has won abusing a glitch.

Bogus.

Nice comment but do you see my idea of counter that tactic whit walls? you say that the game not was thinking for that and i am sure dogs never was think for be a shield and dolphin spam in Naval mas either, and long range v3 is the same we break the game a long time ago because nobody know what a smart human can do if you give that tools so is responsibility of developers not the players, all the factions need be balanced but they are only a few ones really useful: Iraq, Korea, America, Yuri and Great Britain.

I fail to see how walls can defend against an alt. You CANNOT wall up a war factory or ore refinery. You need to have openings to let your tanks get out and let your miners mine. If you have openings, the player can alt it.

DFQ you obviously not watch the big link in the post, you can't be alted if you use walls in L lol.

Kike, if the miner cant get to the war factory, can the rhino tanks get out of the war factory? Also, this doesn't work for an ore refinery, even if it did work for a war factory.

Watch the video dude obviously you don't watch the video clic fucking here

I watched the video multiple times. At no point does anything come OUT of the war factory. Besides, it does not touch upon my other concern (miners wouldn't be able to get to ore refinery in similiar scenario).

the idea of altin itself means u can't beat the other player without that bug since it's agreed from almost every1 that it's cheatin u said usin dogs as a shield or V3 well that's all can be countered with the same thing from enemy or other like seal or deso and anti air for V3 but as for altin what's the other player ganna do ? alt u back [ if he survived ur alting first ofc] it will only make ppl more hated and Take away the fun in the game itself since u r playin to see who's faster in altin with the miner the rest of the game will be pointless now that's why i think alt should be banned on cnc like xwis maybe that's the only thing i liked about xwis

It doesn't matter if alting has a counter or not, if it is a bug that can be used to favour one person's advantage, it is bug abuse and exploitation, basically borderline cheating. I'm skeptical whether walling your ref or war factory counters this exploitation, but either way alting is still bug exploitation and should be banned from stuff like ladder play.

However, since CNCnet doesn't have ladder play, getting banned for this sounds pretty harsh, but people may remember you as an ass if you constantly troll with this tactic and won't play with you