Volkovich

Most Useless Unit in C&C?

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

C&C95    -   the chem warrior is kinda useless by virtue of its high tech level, even though they are kinda cool. I guess it's kind of a testamanent to C&C95's good balance that practically all of the mainstream units are good in certain situations. Even mammoths are useful in SP as damage sponges.

RA - Yak, MRJ, MGG; but basically anything other than the 3 main tanks and V2's is pretty useless. 

Rangers?  pointless when a 1tnk is  £100 more.  Shock troopers cost the same as a heavy and get massacred by artillery; so why would you ever build one?

Tesla tanks cost almost the same as 2 heavy tanks and 1 V2 will kill one.  I swear I've seen one taken out in a single Artillery shot.

Mammoths too slow. MAD tank too situational outside of amusing yourself by detonating 3 against the AI.

Ren - the tiberium auto rifle (the Sydney character) was pretty useless.  It shot slow moving tib clouds that did next to no damage against tanks;  a basic rifleman could take one out.

Edited by mikes
ren

Most useless unit of all time goes to "Rig", although they look cool when unpacking, helping repairing units, and mobile-friendly defense and so on,  but they are damn slow, they are barely usable on the battlefield 

TheRig.jpg.650998e5536e1f1963b43bc8fccfc4b7.jpg

Rig.jpg.212a0eea2a9b1124f8cfe831897339fb.jpg

If we are going to nitpicking on C&C3 units. Then I select the buzzers. Man, are they weak in light of their purpose.

11 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

They still beat drafted Awakened scouts.

Well... yeah. But what would you select as the worst C&C3 unit?

On 23. 04. 2017. at 11:51 PM, Plokite_Wolf said:

Tiberium Wars - Mothership. While it packs quite a punch, it's too slow and tough to get where it needs to be, plus you have to consider friendly fire.

Kane's Wrath - Ravager. As much as I love their idea, they're too expensive for an anti-infantry infantry unit with an ability that requires them to approach a likely guarded Tiberium field.

On 28/05/2017 at 9:42 PM, mikes said:

Shock troopers cost the same as a heavy and get massacred by artillery; so why would you ever build one?

Because people rarely build artillery and those guys are good vs tanks. They're the closest thing to a walking tank that comes out of  a barracks.