$300 payout for ladders, badges, and clan support

aWarNoob1

26 minutes ago, Rampastring said:

The quickmatch server needs to be created or at least the quickmatch protocol specification designed before a client for it can be made. And the server part I can't do myself.

Basically, like FunkyFr3sh said, there should be a server that registered players would contact via the client and the server would then match players of fitting skill levels with each other and return the information about the game settings, opponent's address / tunnel server address etc. back to the client, that would then start the actual game.

If I'm understanding correctly, and probably not, this 'quickmatch server' or 'quickmatch protocol specification' is NOT in Grant's list? I thought this was included in number '1. API to handle game results, and accounts.' I'm totally lost now. Maybe a number 5 should be added to the list :P

20 hours ago, Grant said:

Below is who we need on what:

Ladder requires:

1. API to handle game results, and accounts.
Required: Stats parsing required: ( @hifi or @Tahj )
PHP API - @Grant
OR USE @Tahjs existing API and skip above (Depends on the below?)

2. A quickmatch client 
Required: @FunkyFr3sh or @Rampastring 

3. Main Client updates to integrate with quickmatch client, and accounts.
Required: @Grant or @dkeeton or @Rampastring and for RA/TS - @FunkyFr3sh

4. Website for ladder.
Required: @Grant

• Upvote 2

I think its awesome that we even have multiple admins collaborating on the same topic along with the interest of the community and willingness to support/reward the admins for their work/efforts. In many countries this could be considered PrOgReSS :)

The people have spoken!! And there money has been heard!!!! (i mean voices) lol ...whatever it takes....you guys volunteer enough. There's nothing wrong with making a little scratch for your time.=)

It's about time people are coming together on this with hope and anticipation.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, fir3w0rx said:

If I'm understanding correctly, and probably not, this 'quickmatch server' or 'quickmatch protocol specification' is NOT in Grant's list? I thought this was included in number '1. API to handle game results, and accounts.' I'm totally lost now. Maybe a number 5 should be added to the list :P

It's indeed missing from Grant's list, unless he considered it to be a part of 1.

Edited by Rampastring
  • Upvote 1

@Grant So are you able to make this much-needed quickmatch server thingy, or learn how to do it? Because the way I see it; you guys (CnCNet team) only have to read another chapter or two of the advanced computer books to be able to do these kind of things, whereas the rest of us are still only up to page 1 of the 'Programming for Dummies' book :D. I'll pay you for your time, just like the others have offered in topic. Some people may have to sell more oranges and wipe wind-shields, I'll have to shine a few extra shoes, but just name your price and we can work something out.

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, fir3w0rx said:

but just name your price and we can work something out.

I may be wrong but i don't think it's about naming a price nor do i think any of the admins will lay out a "i will do this or that for x amount of money"

I think what ever people are verbally committing, than let their word be their bond when the time comes. I'm sure it provides some incentive to those working on this but it has never been their driving force.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Humble said:

JUST FYI (at least) 450$ has already been donated to CNCNET towards the (TS.YR) ladder over the past year and a half...

This is the first I've heard of any donation being categorized?  If you donate via our site it goes into a pot that's used for payments not towards a specific cause.

2 hours ago, Humble said:

JUST FYI (at least) 450$ has already been donated to CNCNET towards the (TS.YR) ladder over the past year and a half...

I'm not aware of any donation that has been made towards the ladder so far. I know you asked me a few times about it though, but I always refused :D

I would personally never take any money upfront, don't want anyone to be disappointed if there are problems and things take longer.

If theres a ladder ready that actually works (without people going fake afk when a good player joins the room!) and you guys want to donate then it's alright I guess, it's your own decision.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

I'm not aware of any donation that has been made towards the ladder so far. I know you asked me a few times about it though, but I always refused :D

I would personally never take any money upfront, don't want anyone to be disappointed if there are problems and things take longer.

If theres a ladder ready that actually works (without people going fake afk when a good player joins the room!) and you guys want to donate then it's alright I guess, it's your own decision.

I was told  these all went to CNCNET, since sean did not want the $.  Other TS players 100% donated through the CNCNET donation button, and possibly to sean as well - through the donation link on github.

"Purpose: CNCNET leaderboard"

=
390*

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by Humble

14 hours ago, Grant said:

This is the first I've heard of any donation being categorized?  If you donate via our site it goes into a pot that's used for payments not towards a specific cause.

Would be cool if the standard donation button did allow users to specify a category or a leave a note. 

Speaking of which, on my side of things the donation button seems like it might be broke?

broke.jpg

Edited by Humble

All I can really say is that other TS players and myself tried to do what we could to back a cncnet leaderboard movement, short of learning how to code.  :huh:

(And that I am still willing to donate if the cncnet staff is willing to come together as one and make this happen)

Edited by Humble

Oh, you guys made personal donations for tahj. I can't know that, didn't hear about any donation that has been made so far.

It was sounding like you donated to the cncnet account on our website.

I just tried, the donation button also doesn't work for me (probably related to the new website)

• Upvote 1

Just now, FunkyFr3sh said:

Oh, you guys made personal donations for tahj. I can't know that, didn't hear about any donation that has been made so far.

It was sounding like you donated to the cncnet account on our website.

I just tried, the donation button also doesn't work for me (probably related to the new website)

I/We assumed that since tahj was forwarding the donations, you guys would assume what the purpose was for.

@Humble Nice quickmatch client, too bad you don't have the expertise to make it actually work :(

On 01/05/2017 at 5:58 PM, Grant said:

@fir3w0rx that needs to be on the list too. Writing a spec for the quickmatch client is @hifi's department 

So it's up to the big man himself to kick things off then?

@hifi So how much does it take to get you out of bed (so to speak)? I know you haven't done anything for CnCNet for money (to my knowledge anyway), but there's really nothing else I/we can send through these copper-wires, fiber-optics or radio-waves that's worth much. Or we can send you our LOVE! :D hahaha... that's so corny. I'm not gay.

A little off-topic: @All - It might be a good idea if you (not just staff but every contributing member) added your PayPal / Kickstarter / Patreon... etc. link in your sig in case others want to show their appreciation for your client, site updates, new maps, mission compilations, patches... or whatever. Even 5, 10 bucks here and there all adds up. Maybe we can have our own little CnCNet economy going. :D

• Upvote 2

On 5/2/2017 at 11:34 AM, fir3w0rx said:

@Humble Nice quickmatch client, too bad you don't have the expertise to make it actually work :(...

Indeed.  I feel you said it best above:

On 4/30/2017 at 0:32 PM, fir3w0rx said:

...(CnCNet team) only have to read another chapter or two of the advanced computer books to be able to do these kind of things, whereas the rest of us are still only up to page 1 of the 'Programming for Dummies' book...

Edited by Humble

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2017 at 2:29 PM, Grant said:

Thanks for the heads up, fixed the donate button. (Might take a little while to clear the cache)

Nice! I'll donate what I can towards end of this month. No pressure to cncnet team; Still, fingers crossed for badges!

I think it's best like @FunkyFr3sh said. None of us would want to take money up front for this project. If you guys want to donate, that's cool but hold off until we have a ladder running. Then if you think it warrants a donation feel free, until then hold onto the cash ;)

• Upvote 1