Real Allied Skills

Blazer

hey guys,

I'm kinda new to this community(ra2/YR) and it has been about 11 monthes that i'm here. i'm playing both games and want to get real skills about the game. but unfortunately, people keep saying that the people with real skills are gone(e.g. sash,w0nna,veg,etc). still, there seem to be some pro players around who may have some good skills to learn from. one of them is marko who i haven't ever been able to play with(haven't seen him around).I'm mainly and allied player and want to learn more of it.so is there anyone who would teach me the game at a high level?(preferably players who have also played ra2 because I mainly play ra2)

hf_Blazer

goodluck, most people don't have time to train other normally, plus marko is hardly on anymore....

me personally do not have the time to train anyone but contact him and see what he has to say m8

honestly i want the guy to be playing ra2 as well, since i usually play ra2. justin plays YR only tho i don't remember what was his playstyle will check it up later.

p.s. i don't mind if you guys(allied pros) don't have much time to teach me, so i'll be fine with having a few games vs you guys and commentating my allied as well.

On 5/7/2017 at 7:34 PM, Blazer said:

honestly i want the guy to be playing ra2 as well, since i usually play ra2. justin plays YR only tho i don't remember what was his playstyle will check it up later.

p.s. i don't mind if you guys(allied pros) don't have much time to teach me, so i'll be fine with having a few games vs you guys and commentating my allied as well.

Hey blazer.

To be honest your allied skills are good .

But as an advice try to add harries or jets with your attacks then you will be much better.

I'll be around if u want to try tactics :D

ty for your post jsds, but honestly I'm not good at all in comparison with the other allied gods that were around some day.i want to get those skills, i don't have probs with "try to press" or "use paras for defence" etc

49 minutes ago, Blazer said:

ty for your post jsds, but honestly I'm not good at all in comparison with the other allied gods that were around some day.i want to get those skills, i don't have probs with "try to press" or "use paras for defence" etc

cool then .i'm looking for person near my allied level for some new tactics and hold we will play  A vs A =)

Ouch.

Funny thing is, I've played with just about every good player since RA2 first came out. People like ir0nclad, burner503, sash, veg, tomi, etc. etc. There are players that would beat them best of 10 no problem. So saying the best players are gone is BS. You obviously never played with them.

The reason so many people were great back then was the amount of games they played. You'd get 1000+ pts playing 75+ games, and you'd get to play a ton of great players and improve. Now there are a handful of people who can compete, very few who are at the top, but still several great players.

The biggest problem with the game now is no ladder, which is changing. We will have a lot more competition with QM back. After that, the next step is CM so we can get competitive team play again. That's where cncnet is really going to struggle. There are very few teams of 2-3 that will be able to compete. We saw a small taste of the skill in the 2v2 turni but really, it was a bunch of 1v1's.

• Upvote 1

as you know I'm new and nope i haven't played the guys you mentioned above (not almost a year that i have been playing).

i don't see you around much tho, also you are usually on this week, i don't see you in games or something so i don't ask.

20 hours ago, [AuF]Mindwar said:

Ouch.

Funny thing is, I've played with just about every good player since RA2 first came out. People like ir0nclad, burner503, sash, veg, tomi, etc. etc. There are players that would beat them best of 10 no problem. So saying the best players are gone is BS. You obviously never played with them.

The reason so many people were great back then was the amount of games they played. You'd get 1000+ pts playing 75+ games, and you'd get to play a ton of great players and improve. Now there are a handful of people who can compete, very few who are at the top, but still several great players.

The biggest problem with the game now is no ladder, which is changing. We will have a lot more competition with QM back. After that, the next step is CM so we can get competitive team play again. That's where cncnet is really going to struggle. There are very few teams of 2-3 that will be able to compete. We saw a small taste of the skill in the 2v2 turni but really, it was a bunch of 1v1's.

stop waching people minds .mr mindwar 

21 hours ago, Blazer said:

as you know I'm new and nope i haven't played the guys you mentioned above (not almost a year that i have been playing).

i don't see you around much tho, also you are usually on this week, i don't see you in games or something so i don't ask.

I know, I was just trying to explain what the game was like then vs now for those who aren't aware.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any video links to watch? I've youtubed a lot of them. I mainly play sov, but watching some good allied tactics would be sweet. I'm rusty as all hell. I played a few 1v1's  the other day (As Sov). I messed my build order up both times, it use to be pp bar ref war ref($) ref($) pp radar bl naval back in the day. But I get caught up in the gameplay. I'm always caught between the quick win or playing a lengthy game. Since no ladders i'd like to play it out for a while and see it thru. but I don't because it seems like have the community wants to engi rush and the other half wants to play it out. So any videos on either Ally or Sov would be good actually.

Heres a link to my 1v1s. https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=JcB-bWb9PDo if anyone can comment and let me know what I did wrong or what I can do to fix would be much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/07/2017 at 4:26 AM, [AuF]Mindwar said:

Ouch.

I'm not ok with you Mindwar on this point.

Yes they are good players now. But due to the fact that there is no competitive ladder, not very good players etc. the level is lower compare than before. 

I'm pretty sure if go back in "gold days" (2000-2002) of Ra2/Yuri; maybe in a friendly match, in strange map, with luck and everything maybe they can win one game; but in a ladder match, even the best allied from now could not win 1 game vs top 20+ 

But to answer @Blazer you can still find some good players to improve your gameplay for sure!

36 minutes ago, LeOwNzAll said:

Yes they are good players now. But due to the fact that there is no competitive ladder, not very good players etc. the level is lower compare than before. 

I'm pretty sure if go back in "gold days" (2000-2002) of Ra2/Yuri; maybe in a friendly match, in strange map, with luck and everything maybe they can win one game; but in a ladder match, even the best allied from now could not win 1 game vs top 20+ 

But to answer @Blazer you can still find some good players to improve your gameplay for sure!

yeah, i just asked for those players and simply they're all hiding 8)

2 hours ago, LeOwNzAll said:

that's a bold statement, considering I can now and could then.

Yeah, it's apples to oranges anyway...

Ladder play in 2000 had a 3 minute bail rule, meaning in a 1on1 game if you didn't like how things were going you could just leave within 3 minutes...

That a lone skews the entire strategy comparision between those days and now. Players now are likely more skilled at rushing, abusing the strengths/weaknesses that certain factions have, and lame tactics like engi-killing, engi-rushing.

My money would be on players nowadays, the game continues to evolve.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Yeah, it's apples to oranges anyway...

Ladder play in 2000 had a 3 minute bail rule, meaning in a 1on1 game if you didn't like how things were going you could just leave within 3 minutes...

That a lone skews the entire strategy comparision between those days and now. Players now are likely more skilled at rushing, abusing the strengths/weaknesses that certain factions have, and lame tactics like engi-killing, engi-rushing.

My money would be on players nowadays, the game continues to evolve.

it's a no brainer that players today way outclass players in 2000-2001

players today outclass the prime of 2007 xwis which was by far the best group of tournament players imo....

and before anyone gets all preachy on me remember I played them in 2001, 2007, and today.

hm... I think Marsh you are exagerating.

I played in 2001-2002, i was alot better than in 2006-2007 (was faster, could focus everywhere on the map, was smarter, etc.), and in 2006-2007 i come back from no where and be at top5 instantly... won the ladder 1st or 2nd month i went back... and did not played for 4-5 years... But there was still competition so all players could improve.

I agree with Prep, people now (and during XWIS) are better during short game, as before there was the 3mn rule. But i think this rule was pretty good, because you had to be a very good players, and don't use lame tactics (miner on WF; engi-eat; etc.). But once you find an issue to stop engi-eat, obviously easy for a top players, it stays only the skill.

For me, without any doubt :  WOL >>> XWIS >>>> Now. 

PS : i'm speaking about Yuri's Revenge game. For Ra2 i can't say nothing if it was better/etc. i was OK on XWIS but not in WOL.

5 hours ago, LeOwNzAll said:

hm... I think Marsh you are exagerating.

I played in 2001-2002, i was alot better than in 2006-2007 (was faster, could focus everywhere on the map, was smarter, etc.), and in 2006-2007 i come back from no where and be at top5 instantly... won the ladder 1st or 2nd month i went back... and did not played for 4-5 years... But there was still competition so all players could improve.

I agree with Prep, people now (and during XWIS) are better during short game, as before there was the 3mn rule. But i think this rule was pretty good, because you had to be a very good players, and don't use lame tactics (miner on WF; engi-eat; etc.). But once you find an issue to stop engi-eat, obviously easy for a top players, it stays only the skill.

For me, without any doubt :  WOL >>> XWIS >>>> Now. 

PS : i'm speaking about Yuri's Revenge game. For Ra2 i can't say nothing if it was better/etc. i was OK on XWIS but not in WOL.

for me XWIS > WOL > NOW. By 2006/2007 YR was dead on XWIS very few players and even fewer good players its no wonder you made it to the top 5 so easily, on wol there was plenty of good players, however by the time of XWIS, come 2004-2006 all these older players that reapeared i generally got the better of with relative ease. The game and players adapt as time goes on. The only reason imo, that the player base now isnt as good as XWIS was when YR was active is the lack of competition. 

• Upvote 1

Went back in last months of 2005 until middle 2006. sorry for the mistake.

And yes, you are right, i checked HoF in 2004 and i saw nickname of top players at WOL time. But who was better between WOL time/XWIS it's another discussion. 

My point was to tell @Blazer ask top players allied players from now and for sure you can improve.

Some people critics Sunny here; but his game play as Allied is pretty good vs Sov. 

I think Buffalo is a good sov player no ? I would like this see some match between Buffalo Sov vs Sunny Allied. 

and streamed them; It could be good!