Survival Maps by Dctanxman For Yuri's Revenge

Dctanxman

Here is a link to my drop box with all the survival maps I have made over the years.

I hope you all enjoy them as much as I have.

Survival Maps by Dctanxman (for Yuri's Revenge) (dropbox.com)

Survival Maps by Dctanxman (for Yuri's Revenge) (mediafire.com)

--- INSTALL GUIDE ---

Download the map(s). Copy/paste the .map file(s) into your  "Red Alert 2\Maps\Custom"  folder. Then load the game.

--- Making A Survival Map (Basic Tutorial) --- (Set the Quality to 720p if the video looks like shit) (Bottom right under settings)

Tutorial - How to make a basic survival map by Dctanxman (twitch.tv)

--- Current Versions of each map by name showing in-game (Any version(s) lower, I do not recommend playing) ---

LandRush (2 Players) v2.4

Survive v3.5

Survive v4.4

Battle Fortress Revenge v1.4

CrossRoad Island II v1.4

CrossRoad Island III v1.4

CrossRoad Island v1.4

Survive Inevitable Death v1.4

Survive Your Death v1.4

Survive Death RIP v1.5

Survive Death v1.4

Face Of Death VI v1.4

Survive Death R3 v1.5

Survive Your Death II v1.4

Face Of Death VII v1.5

Face Of Death III v1.4

Face Of Death II v1.4

Face Of Death IV v1.4

Face Of Death V v1.4

Defend Liberty v1.4

Double Trouble (2)MapsIn(1) v1.4

Get To The Chopper II v1.4

Get To The Chopper III v1.4

°¿° HIDDEN VALLEY 2 SURVIVAL v1.3

HIDDEN VALLEY 3 SURVIVAL v1.4

LandRush v2.4

LowTech (Amer/Brit/Fra/Kor) v1.4

lunar Survival v1.3

lunar Survival II v1.5

lunar Survival III v1.5

The Maelstrom v1.4

Marathon (4)MapsIn(1) Revamp 2018 v1.4

Marathon (4)MapsIn(1) Revamp 2018 v1.5

Naval Fortress 1.5

Naval Warfare 1.5

Nurple-Survival II v1.3

TroopSurvival 3 (1Fra.2Brit.3Iraq.4Cuba.5Kor) v1.3

Nurple-Survival v1.3

Remagan v1.4

Remagan II v1.4

Remagan III v1.4

Defend Romanov v1.4

stadt-Island III v1.4

Stand Your Ground v1.4

Step By Step v1.4

Stomp The Comp (EASY) v1.4

Stomp The Comp (EXTREME) v1.3

Stomp The Comp (HARD) v1.3

Stomp The Comp (INSANE) v1.5

Survive v5.6

TroopSurvival 5p v1.4

TroopSurvival 6p v1.4

Verschneit v1.4

Verschneit II v1.4

Verschneit III v1.4

Yuri's Command Post v1.4

Edited by Dctanxman
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These maps need instructions for dumb-asses like me. Like the mini-campaign 'Get To The Chopper III' for example; it took me a while to figure out that spawn location 5 is for the bad guy/boss, not me :P, and that it needs a minimum of 4 players to challenge him, otherwise the game will crash. Kinda sucks because I want to beat him by myself :D.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

These maps need instructions for dumb-asses like me. Like the mini-campaign 'Get To The Chopper III' for example; it took me a while to figure out that spawn location 5 is for the bad guy/boss, not me :P, and that it needs a minimum of 4 players to challenge him, otherwise the game will crash. Kinda sucks because I want to beat him by myself :D.

Its kinda a universal thing that the computer always goes in the last spot. At least for my maps.

At what point does your game crash? I can solo Get To The Chopper. Did it several times before i released the map. Never had any crashes.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fir3w0rx said:

Really? Which settings do you use; how many starting units? Credits? Country? Spawn location?...

For the map Get To The Chopper none of that stuff matters.

Starting units get killed at start. Credits/side means nothing when you can't build. Spawn spots 1-4 and put the computer on spot 5.

All my maps the computer goes in the last spot(s).

Also i recommend getting the new version of "Get To The Chopper III" (gethechopper3.map)

I made some serious changes after playing it a couple time online. Some air units would not attack and just sat around doing nothing haha. Fixed it all up and now that map cannot be solo'ed. But you can solo "Get To The Chopper II" (gethechopper2.map) very easily. That's why i made a new version of it. It was just too easy.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dctanxman said:

Also i recommend getting the new version of "Get To The Chopper III" (gethechopper3.map)

I made some serious changes after playing it a couple time online. Some air units would not attack and just sat around doing nothing haha. Fixed it all up and now that map cannot be solo'ed. But you can solo "Get To The Chopper II" (gethechopper2.map) very easily. That's why i made a new version of it. It was just too easy.

I was solo playing your newest version of your 'Get To The Chopper' (III) and it still seems very buggy. Speaking of which, I was abusing these bugs yet I still could only barely get through their front door :D I might just try a run 'n' gun approach when my time is running out, but I have to figure out the least dangerous path first.

Here's me abusing the glitches and still failing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6iWfE_WHvA

• Upvote 1

I can tell you right now that's not the newest version of the map.

The newest version, after the communication center and all the patriot missile defense are destroyed. Any trigger that was sending units at those targets gets disabled and new triggers gets enabled that come after your battle fortress's only. So no way to use that glitch anymore.

So all those units that just attack where the communication center was and all those air units that do nothing in your video will not stack up anymore.

I noticed this also so i made the right changes.

If you have the newest versions of my map(s) you will notice at the bottom right corner before you start the match. It will say By Dctanxman. Not unknown author.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

That error you are getting is because you don't have 3 other computers on your side at the start haha. Vehicles and units get paradropped no matter what for those spot so if no one is in them.. ERROR....

Almost every survival map you still have to put the computers in the spots that human would be in. Also you are giving no teams. Its not a FFA. Its a team match VS 1 computer.

Edited by Dctanxman
  • Upvote 1

Uploaded new version of "Marathon (4)MapsIn(1)" (marathon5.map)

Fixed some triggers that could cause errors.

Better clean up after each map to lower game lag.

Removed a exploit on map 2 people used.

More even waves at each player.

Removed most of the warhead animations to lower game lag.

Increased unit movement speed to lower game lag and less units need to attack for it to be hard.

Fully revamped 4th map. Now it is Stand Your Ground.

Much much more but no need to tell you. Go play it and find out :D

• Upvote 1

But I downloaded 'Get To The Chopper' from your Dropbox link (in the first post) after you posted this...

On 9/15/2017 at 6:40 PM, Dctanxman said:

UPLOADED NEW VERSION OF "Get To The Chopper"  (gethechopper3.map)

Also working on revamping Marathon map :D

Is there another link to your survival maps?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

But I downloaded 'Get To The Chopper' from your Dropbox link (in the first post) after you posted this...

Is there another link to your survival maps?

I released the map and the next day i noticed several bugs. I fixed them and upload a new version.

That is the only link to my maps right now. You will notice when you click it, it has dates and the time i upload it. This way you can notice if a newer version has recently been uploaded.

I recommend you download all the maps and just over write any you already have. This way you will have all the newest versions.

And remember. If it does not say by Dctanxman at the bottom right. Its not the most updated version.

Here is a screenshot of what it will look like https://gyazo.com/747eb14e1adc7edad834d20747c8dd03

Edited by Dctanxman
  • Upvote 1

Uploaded new version of "Marathon (4)MapsIn(1)" (marathon5.map).

Fixed several errors on map 4.

Added auto repair for all buildings.

Added auto repair for all bunkers.

Increased health of allied barrack/warfactory.

Removed minimap preview. This had to be done because CnC database has a max size limit and would not let players download the map when hosting a game.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/15/2017 at 9:35 PM, Kikematamitos said:

Some maps have waves in guard mode so the waves attack the nearest objetives, for example if i have an elite unit sometimes the waves are focused in that objetive and that make it easy to beat map. 

Not everything can be super hard :D

But i still have several maps that have never been beat before in the current state they are right now.

• Upvote 1