Survival Maps by Dctanxman For Yuri's Revenge

Dctanxman

Hi. good maps! I played  ??stompcomp map it was fun and mostly ok ai attack. 
I have a problem with making AI hard. AI is focusing one target on my map.  I tried lots of things but still it has the problem... I want to AI attack always nearest enemy. Do you / anyone know to how to fix it?

Full re-upload of all maps. Added text of how/where to download all my maps.

Added new versions of

Marathon (4)MapsIn(1) - File name: (Maraton6.map) - Little harder version.

lunar Survival - File name: (lunar3.map) - 4 player version.

• Upvote 1

On 3/11/2018 at 4:13 AM, Alpaca said:

Hi. good maps! I played  ??stompcomp map it was fun and mostly ok ai attack. 
I have a problem with making AI hard. AI is focusing one target on my map.  I tried lots of things but still it has the problem... I want to AI attack always nearest enemy. Do you / anyone know to how to fix it?

My guess is the AI are doing what they normally do. Attack the player with the most kills.

Most maps people use the script "Attack" for all waves. This will cause what you are talking about.

What you can do is use the script "patrol to waypoint" and then attack.

With script "patrol to waypoint" the waves will move to the waypoint you pick while searching for enemy's. If they find one they will attack.

This is what i do with most of my maps and the result is every player gets the same amount of enemy units at them and the enemy does not focus one target.

But this take tons of time because you have to make a different script for each spawn location and several teams for each wave.

For example my map (Face Of Death II v1.4). I made 6 different scripts for the 6 spawn locations and 6 different teams for each wave with a total of 29 waves. That's 174 teams for just the 29 waves. Not including the battlefortress waves and what needs to be done with every trigger picking a new team.

If i seen your map i might be able to help you more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 26.04.2018 at 6:19 AM, Dctanxman said:

My guess is the AI are doing what they normally do. Attack the player with the most kills.

Most maps people use the script "Attack" for all waves. This will cause what you are talking about.

What you can do is use the script "patrol to waypoint" and then attack.

With script "patrol to waypoint" the waves will move to the waypoint you pick while searching for enemy's. If they find one they will attack.

This is what i do with most of my maps and the result is every player gets the same amount of enemy units at them and the enemy does not focus one target.

But this take tons of time because you have to make a different script for each spawn location and several teams for each wave.

For example my map (Face Of Death II v1.4). I made 6 different scripts for the 6 spawn locations and 6 different teams for each wave with a total of 29 waves. That's 174 teams for just the 29 waves. Not including the battlefortress waves and what needs to be done with every trigger picking a new team.

If i seen your map i might be able to help you more.

Thanks. I guess I tried that patrol script before but Im not %100 sure, I tried lots of thing..
My survival map is here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OnL9xVwqZYsoqTaM6rmf_QM9_A0py5Nu

Ill be glad if u can check it out. Could u please fix  first  "conscript" attack WT001a, WT001b, c,d  .... and one tank wave WT003a, WT003b, c,d

Ill do rest Thanks!

Edited by Alpaca

5 hours ago, Alpaca said:

Thanks. I guess I tried that patrol script before but Im not %100 sure, I tried lots of thing..
My survival map is here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OnL9xVwqZYsoqTaM6rmf_QM9_A0py5Nu

Ill be glad if u can check it out. Could u please fix  first  "conscript" attack WT001a, WT001b, c,d  .... and one tank wave WT003a, WT003b, c,d

Ill do rest Thanks!

Here, try it out and tell me if your problem is fixed.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Skynet

9 hours ago, Dctanxman said:

1)  Thanks! I tried the map. Its not fixed :(
Here is updated version with patrol thing: 

-survival- skynet enhanced v3.93 alpaca hard_4p.map

2) Oh u changed map author info, cool. can u tell me where?

3) yosef if map has bad TRIGGER it causes error. (for example, bad waypoints, wrong defined things etc) 

IF it happens at very start u look for primary belongings, if it errors durings waves then trigger error.

3 hours ago, Alpaca said:

3) yosef if map has bad TRIGGER it causes error. (for example, bad waypoints, wrong defined things etc) 

IF it happens at very start u look for primary belongings, if it errors durings waves then trigger error.

You can do it from basic info like in the code

[Basic]
Name=Yosef Anan - Extra Small 4 Tanks v3.2
Author=Yosef Anan
Briefing=(to write on or over map preview) 

Thanks for your answer .. 

8 hours ago, Alpaca said:

1)  Thanks! I tried the map. Its not fixed :(
Here is updated version with patrol thing: 

-survival- skynet enhanced v3.93 alpaca hard_4p.map

To be honest, i'm not sure what the real problem is. Those waves you wanted fixed spawn 2 feet away from the player and you say they wont attack the players they spawn by? They just run to one player only and attack?

I played the map in skirmish and i don't see the problem. The conscripts and tanks attack the target they spawn by. Even when i leave one spot open. Those waves move to the waypoint and then attack.

I don't see the problem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, YosefAnan said:

Hi Dctanxman how are you?

I want to ask why some survival crashed or make re-connection error. :confused:

can you take a look to my map maybe you can find something to fix that error.. :(
I will appreciate that.

yosef anan - ws dylan survivals 4 players v14_2.yrm

Which error are you getting? Crash with eternal error? Or Re-connection error?

Does the error happen at the same time every time?

-----------------------------

After opening up the map i see a possible recon error. Might not happen every time but it will happen sometimes.

The grand cannons. When they turn the first time to attack something the turret hits the gattling cannons, flak cannons and or prism tower. The grand cannon need to be farther way.

Edited by Dctanxman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dctanxman said:

To be honest, i'm not sure what the real problem is. Those waves you wanted fixed spawn 2 feet away from the player and you say they wont attack the players they spawn by? They just run to one player only and attack?

I played the map in skirmish and i don't see the problem. The conscripts and tanks attack the target they spawn by. Even when i leave one spot open. Those waves move to the waypoint and then attack.

I don't see the problem.

Thanks for testing it! :) Problem is ai units mostly still attacks to specific one target. sometimes attacks nearby as  I wanted but sometimes and there is no pattern I caught..  And when AI decide to ALL IN to specific target, it is mostly SPYSAT or main conyard. sometimes most ranked unit or airport lol.. Idk why :/  

2 minutes ago, Alpaca said:

Thanks for testing it! :) Problem is ai units mostly still attacks to specific one target. sometimes attacks nearby as  I wanted but sometimes and there is no pattern I caught..  And when AI decide to ALL IN to specific target, it is mostly SPYSAT or main conyard. sometimes most ranked unit or airport lol.. Idk why :/  

Its because they like to attack the target with the most kills. In all my testing the computer had most kills.

What i don't understand is why you have the spawn location so close. I just mass build around the spawn spots. Everything just about dies instantly and there is no way for it to go attack anything but me.

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2018 at 10:51 PM, Dctanxman said:

Its because they like to attack the target with the most kills. In all my testing the computer had most kills.

What i don't understand is why you have the spawn location so close. I just mass build around the spawn spots. Everything just about dies instantly and there is no way for it to go attack anything but me.

Thanks for reply!  Spawnpoins are nearby because of my problem! Because AI just "walks" for it...
Spysat doesnt has the most kills or conyard.  Sometimes AI  go for Slave miner. Just sometimes AI goes for most ranked.
When they ALL go for one specific (building, miner, tanks etc) unit, AI just walks, does not attack to anything else while moving specific target. You can use Yuri Psychic Radar
   for that and see where ALL goin. Thats the real problem. With patrol script, Still, Ai gets hit from players units but JUST walks for its selected one target. :((

BTW there is 4 seperate wave spawns but it just doesnt work right, still. 

On 4/30/2018 at 10:27 PM, McPwny said:

if having all the units attack a single target is your problem you are going to have to get more intricate with the scripts and teams rather than bulk spamming units with a single generic script is all

Hmm for example Are spawning 5 units instead of 50 helps to attack better? (with same sciript)

no spawning 5 teams of 10 units with a different script for each. because if all the units have the same script, you are going to have the problem of them all doing the same thing. there isnt really a lazy workaround for this that does not involve making a list of teams and a couple of scripts.

i suggest making a small test map if you dont know which script actions work well or not, you could even use "gather at enemy" or place waypoints and have each team attack from a different point in a different way if you wanted

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, McPwny said:

no spawning 5 teams of 10 units with a different script for each. because if all the units have the same script, you are going to have the problem of them all doing the same thing. there isnt really a lazy workaround for this that does not involve making a list of teams and a couple of scripts.

i suggest making a small test map if you dont know which script actions work well or not, you could even use "gather at enemy" or place waypoints and have each team attack from a different point in a different way if you wanted

Thanks Ill try that small waves.

Edited by Alpaca

9 hours ago, Alpaca said:

Thanks for reply!  Spawnpoins are nearby because of my problem! Because AI just "walks" for it...
Spysat doesnt has the most kills or conyard.  Sometimes AI  go for Slave miner. Just sometimes AI goes for most ranked.
When they ALL go for one specific (building, miner, tanks etc) unit, AI just walks, does not attack to anything else while moving specific target. You can use Yuri Psychic Radar
   for that and see where ALL goin. Thats the real problem. With patrol script, Still, Ai gets hit from players units but JUST walks for its selected one target. :((

BTW there is 4 seperate wave spawns but it just doesnt work right, still.

I wiped all your scripts/taskforces/teams/triggers and move the enemy position onto the visible map. Added in a simple copy paste of one of my maps scripts/taskforces/teams/triggers. Everything works perfect.

So the problem is within one of the scripts/taskforces/teams/triggers for sure.

Try this version of your map. I deleted a trigger that should not be there and put the enemy on the visible map.

Also i recommend moving those spawn points back for testing. See if the problem is fixed. If not, the map might just be toast.Start over from scratch.

If you want the version i put together for testing, let me know. You can test it also and see that everything is fixed.

-survival- skynet.map

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dctanxman said:

I wiped all your scripts/taskforces/teams/triggers and move the enemy position onto the visible map. Added in a simple copy paste of one of my maps scripts/taskforces/teams/triggers. Everything works perfect.

So the problem is within one of the scripts/taskforces/teams/triggers for sure.

Try this version of your map. I deleted a trigger that should not be there and put the enemy on the visible map.

Also i recommend moving those spawn points back for testing. See if the problem is fixed. If not, the map might just be toast.Start over from scratch.

If you want the version i put together for testing, let me know. You can test it also and see that everything is fixed.

-survival- skynet.map

Thaks a lot! I will look it if it fixed. I was trying this map for 2 years :D

UPDATE: I looked and its still walking ai :(

BTw this video shows how AI attacks on ver 3.93 YOu can see AI walks for (probably) spysat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv0smBxy5WQ

Edited by Alpaca

9 hours ago, Alpaca said:

Thaks a lot! I will look it if it fixed. I was trying this map for 2 years :D

UPDATE: I looked and its still walking ai :(

BTw this video shows how AI attacks on ver 3.93 YOu can see AI walks for (probably) spysat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv0smBxy5WQ

Yeah, I don't think you will be able to fix it without starting over.

Something you have done is causing it for sure.

I will put in a little time on my version of the map okay. Maybe you will like it.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, McPwny said:

copy/paste  scripts/taskforces/teams/triggers  ???

Yup. I can take any map and copy/paste all the scripts/taskforces/teams/triggers from another map onto it in less then 5 minute.

Edited by Dctanxman
  • Upvote 1