CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Chrono Vortex

CnC Modding Encyclopedia

ModEnc isn't exactly a tutorial (though it does contain some of its own), but this is the best place I could find for this. I'm surprised how few people seem to know about this, so I figured I ought to stick it on the forum.

As stated on the front page:

[ModEnc is a] user-expandable guide to modding Command & Conquer. All RA2/YR INI flags are accessible...[as well as] a wide range of modding-specific pages dealing with with advanced topics and beginner problems alike, conveniently accessible through ModEnc:Categories or Special:Allpages.

This is incredibly useful in particular to mappers who want to figure out how to mess with their maps' INI. I would have posted this in the mapping discussion forum, but it didn't seem as appropriate. Hopefully people will be able to find it here.

Edited by Chrono Vortex
  • Upvote 1

So, how about the older games? Is the wiki also meant for modding stuff for C&C1, RA1 and TS?

On 8/13/2017 at 6:05 AM, Nyerguds said:

So, how about the older games? Is the wiki also meant for modding stuff for C&C1, RA1 and TS?

Yup, it covers all the C&C games and it even has some info on Ares.

Sorry for the late reply, this one slipped by me.

12 minutes ago, Chrono Vortex said:

Yup, it covers all the C&C games and it even has some info on Ares.

TS and RA2 don't qualify as "all the C&C games".

Just now, Plokite_Wolf said:

TS and RA2 don't qualify as "all the C&C games".

I know it covers Tiberian Dawn and RA1 at least a little. I wouldn't know how much though, I've only ever had the need to look stuff up on the newer games.

Just now, Chrono Vortex said:

I've only ever had the need to look stuff up on the newer games.

Newer games don't exist on ModEnc, unless there's an incredibly hidden Gen/TW/RA3/TT section.

Just now, Plokite_Wolf said:

Newer games don't exist on ModEnc, unless there's an incredibly hidden Gen/TW/RA3/TT section.

Oh, yeah, the EA games. I haven't seen those anywhere. It doesn't have anything on Renegade either, does it?

1 minute ago, Chrono Vortex said:

Oh, yeah, the EA games.

TS was the first C&C game on the PC released under EA :P

But yeah, overselling is never a good thing.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

8 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

TS was the first C&C game on the PC released under EA :P

I meant the "pure" EA games. The ones that came out after Westwood bit the dust.

8 minutes ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

But yeah, overselling is never a good thing.

Yeah, sorry, my bad. I hardly ever think about the newer C&C games, they didn't come to mind.

Edited by Chrono Vortex

On 16/09/2017 at 11:08 AM, Plokite_Wolf said:

They're a completely different game engine though...