9 posts in this topic

Am I right in assuming

Way point 0 = multiplayer 1

Way point 1 = multi2

WP3 = M2

WP4 = M3

WP 5 = M4

WP 6 = M5

Because when I give each person a few starting units for a couple of my maps, the units get assigned to a different  person, I went back to check the map and it said way point 3 multiplayer 2

I x2 checked I didnt even put  WP3 multi 4 or something

Whats going on?

Game glitch or MUST it be my mistake? I just x2 checked it.

It appears to do this for 5 or more players 6 even

Its like 1 player  always starts with someone elses units in their base, but then i go back and check and it says the right people are in his base but when the game starts this doesnt happen

Posted (edited)

MP1 etc aren't related to spawning positions, they are related to what colour is used by the player. The player who uses the first color that can be selected (in RA1 this is the gold yellow) will get MP1.

This is why I added real support for spawning units by spawn position to RA1 and TS using the Spawn1-8 system when placing units. You place units on the map and instead of setting the owner to 'Multi1' you set it to Spawn1, which will make sure the units will spawn for the player which spawns at spawn 1

Edited by Iran

11 hours ago, Iran said:

MP1 etc aren't related to spawning positions, they are related to what colour is used by the player. The player who uses the first color that can be selected (in RA1 this is the gold yellow) will get MP1.

This is why I added real support for spawning units by spawn position to RA1 and TS using the Spawn1-8 system when placing units. You place units on the map and instead of setting the owner to 'Multi1' you set it to Spawn1, which will make sure the units will spawn for the player which spawns at spawn 1

Is there anything I can do to make it work on cnc1?

Also why are MOST of the starting in the right place bar one, that seemss highly unlikely probability wise, for 3- 4 games every1 bar 2 people (5-6 ppl games) had the right units at the right spawn.

Thanks for your help!

because the player with the 'highest' selected color among all players gets mp1, not just by selecting th very highest color in the dropdown

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Iran said:

because the player with the 'highest' selected color among all players gets mp1, not just by selecting th very highest color in the dropdown

so how to I make it work ? Do I have to not put starting units or can I get people to co-ordinate on colours in such a way that it works? Or are there other ways to get it to work?

(Other than separating the mcv from the group or giving them a construction yard already deployed with their units and destroying the mcv's that spawn in a visceroid pit at the top of the map?

Edited by chem

You need to have people coordinate on colors like in RA1

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Iran said:

You need to have people coordinate on colors like in RA1

awesome!

So this is how other pros seem to get bottom right wayy more often than me in 1v1 sneaky bstards lol

Thanks brother really appreciate it!  Will write the color code in the description of the map

Edited by chem

On 03/08/2017 at 1:25 PM, Iran said:

it didnt work

p1 = teal

p2 = orange

p3 = green

p4 = grey

p5 yellow

p6 red

and all spawn points were filled all 4

or all 6

and the positions were still messed up