I NEED SOME HELP!

[AuF]Mindwar

Not with the AIDS, I'm already a goner.

I'm referring to training videos for newbie's. Can someone stream & commentate, and someone challenge?

A lot of people online seem to be brand new, others are just shite. We can do 4-5 games with each team, teaching basic skills and bo's.

Too many players can't maintain an economy, have zero tank control, and can't adapt to maps they haven't played before.

We can set up a topic with written guidelines, and show them in a video.

No offense against ppl like bryan vahey and kikemitos or however u spell their names... it's nice that you make videos. Bravo!
But having actual pro's show others how it is done may be of some use.

And if ppl like bryan want to come along and do the actual streaming, awesome.

22 hours ago, [AuF]Mindwar said:

Not with the AIDS, I'm already a goner.

I'm referring to training videos for newbie's. Can someone stream & commentate, and someone challenge?

A lot of people online seem to be brand new, others are just shite. We can do 4-5 games with each team, teaching basic skills and bo's.

Too many players can't maintain an economy, have zero tank control, and can't adapt to maps they haven't played before.

We can set up a topic with written guidelines, and show them in a video.

No offense against ppl like bryan vahey and kikemitos or however u spell their names... it's nice that you make videos. Bravo!
But having actual pro's show others how it is done may be of some use.

And if ppl like bryan want to come along and do the actual streaming, awesome.

Im in. Let's do this.

The only way to accomplish this with any sort of noticeable success is to have the CNCNET Youtube channel host the streams AND have a link in the lobby when players join the server stating something a long the lines of "Want to learn how to get better at the game? Watch these videos ______". The videos will need to be made with great care.

Otherwise, it will just end up another video in the 100's of videos of ra2/yr play on YouTube. 

Good luck!

• Upvote 3

Agree with Prep.

I can help you. 

About BO; maps; where to put building etc. you don't need any opponent.

You can make a video alone : no gem map and no oils: no gem but oils: gem and oils. 

About TC; which unit to do and why, yes you need an opponent.

Real Strategy Gamer does a good job with his video series. The thing is, before you guys try to bring in new players, you really have to clean up your acts. Most people are deterred from the competitive scene due to the sheer amount of trash talk and toxicity. They'd rather subscribe to the likes of Brian Vahey or Kikematamitos.

6 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

Real Strategy Gamer does a good job with his video series. The thing is, before you guys try to bring in new players, you really have to clean up your acts. Most people are deterred from the competitive scene due to the sheer amount of trash talk and toxicity. They'd rather subscribe to the likes of Brian Vahey or Kikematamitos.

Welcome to the internet, nerd. Trash talk is 50% of the fun.

10 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

The only way to accomplish this with any sort of noticeable success is to have the CNCNET Youtube channel host the streams AND have a link in the lobby when players join the server stating something a long the lines of "Want to learn how to get better at the game? Watch these videos ______". The videos will need to be made with great care.

Otherwise, it will just end up another video in the 100's of videos of ra2/yr play on YouTube. 

Good luck!

Good point...

GRANT?

6 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

I agree, if you look at SC2's player base most of them seem reasonably behaved compared to the toxic whining coming from some of the top YR/RA2 players, though in fairness I do blow a fuse occasionally too...

1 hour ago, FReQuEnZy said:

I agree, if you look at SC2's player base most of them seem reasonably behaved compared to the toxic whining coming from some of the top YR/RA2 players, though in fairness I do blow a fuse occasionally too...

I think we all have our moments, but so long as we're not being needlessly toxic.

1 hour ago, [AuF]Mindwar said:

Welcome to the internet, nerd. Trash talk is 50% of the fun.

This isn't about me. Is that the position you're going to hold toward newer players with potential? If so, then I think your original post has no real value if that's how you really feel. Keep losing out to Brian Vahey.

LOL @ this twat calling out others. FReQuEnZy... :P

20 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

I think we all have our moments, but so long as we're not being needlessly toxic.

This isn't about me. Is that the position you're going to hold toward newer players with potential? If so, then I think your original post has no real value if that's how you really feel. Keep losing out to Brian Vahey.

I only fuck with ppl I know. I'm nice to newbies :)

• Upvote 1

If bailing noobs are talking trash to playerS who would rek them what do you expect them to say thank you? Lol

Trash talk will always be there people who bail the most trash talk the most if you haven't noticed this so far.

Calling people out is not trash talking it's facts.

But yeah there needs to be more pro games being recorded to show people the high level of game play. Iam open to challenges and streamers already Bryan has started recorded these games which is good.

1 hour ago, [AuF]Mindwar said:

LOL @ this twat calling out others. FReQuEnZy... :P

I only fuck with ppl I know. I'm nice to newbies :)

Well that's good then.

18 minutes ago, [nra]Buffalo said:

If bailing noobs are talking trash to playerS who would rek them what do you expect them to say thank you? Lol

Trash talk will always be there people who bail the most trash talk the most if you haven't noticed this so far.

Calling people out is not trash talking it's facts.

But yeah there needs to be more pro games being recorded to show people the high level of game play. Iam open to challenges and streamers already Bryan has started recorded these games which is good.

That's not what most of the trash talk is. I've seen what you do lol, you contribute to it sometimes. Other casual streamers draw more attention to new players due to their wacky and fun gameplay. The kind that most players like yourself seem to trash talk. Nobody likes their game type being trash talked, and that's the kind of mentality that deters people.

Guys u r really retarded few times

Crying about server noobs ect ..

And u kick persons u dont know from room even he is good ...

Well otherwise try to help new Guy instand of talking shit like " f*CK off noob" or don't join pros ..

The way to help new Guy is :talking Nice and  showing him tips not keep calling him noob or banning him  from game room .atleast ask him to observe if possible.

In my own opinion making help team to help new being good 

Edited by JSDS

7 hours ago, JSDS said:

Guys u r really retarded few times

Crying about server noobs ect ..

And u kick persons u dont know from room even he is good ...

Well otherwise try to help new Guy instand of talking shit like " f*CK off noob" or don't join pros ..

The way to help new Guy is :talking Nice and  showing him tips not keep calling him noob or banning him  from game room .atleast ask him to observe if possible.

In my own opinion making help team to help new being good 

Mr.JSDS:

All of us are here to have fun. There are many people here who don't enjoy playing noobs. Many of these noobs are really terrible and even don't worth the time. You're asking for something non-sense. people are here when they have no other responsibilities to have fun and enjoy their time and you're asking them to take another responsibility while this joy.

A ladder in cncnet community is by all means necessary if we want to have pro/good games some day with more good players. right now, the ratio for pro/noob in cncnet would be something like 1/20 - 1/30. why do you think xwis has/had more pros over time than cncnet/gr? it's because new players were interested in the pts system and tried hard to learn the game and actually make good games.

If you want to go on and talk nice and gentle to your own 20-30 people good luck  with that(although I'm sure if you'd want to teach something to them,for most of them this will be the response "f*CK off")

and no one is going around retarded...

imo, no one is going to use these videos unless they really want to improve their game play which i think a boost can be given to that with the ladder system. right now, there might be a few people who want to improve their game play, but that won't be the outcome you're expecting i suppose.

Edited by Blazer
  • Upvote 1