Is Allied vs Soviet Balanced?

MapDesigner

The Allies have cool Linked Prism Tower technology (2 additional Prism Towers can link to create a powerful beam.) The Soviets have their Tesla Troopers powering the Tesla Coils (3 other TT's in close proximity of Tesla Coils to power it offline, & a more lethal blast.) It has its usefulness in MP but I see no use for it in Single-player. As you can see, the Allies have iron-clad techniques, whilst the Soviets require you to make use of adhoc motley tactics. Perhaps if the Siege Chopper could transport units, could turn the tide...

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, laserbeak said:

The Allies have cool Linked Prism Tower technology (2 additional Prism Towers can link to create a powerful beam.) The Soviets have their Tesla Troopers powering the Tesla Coils (3 other TT's in close proximity of Tesla Coils to power it offline, & a more lethal blast.) It has its usefulness in MP but I see no use for it in Single-player. As you can see, the Allies have iron-clad techniques, whilst the Soviets require you to make use of adhoc motley tactics. Perhaps if the Siege Chopper could transport units, could turn the tide...

I find most things can be used in single player. Computers are weak and will lose to just about any tactic.

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2019 at 4:44 AM, MapDesigner said:

Rhino vs Veteran Grizzly, who would win?

I think its grizzly but im not too sure. I guess that adds one more point to our discussion :)

If I remember correctly a vet grizzly beats rhino, but rhinos level up faster when killing vet grizzlies. Spying a war factory  and mass grizzly tanks is a throwback technique. 

Allies are all about Mis-direction and pressure; or depending on the map, camping and annoying your opponent at the same time. Allies can eventually get to a point where you do not need to outplay your opponent, but it’s very hard. That’s why at a higher level allies are usually a lot funnier to play because they have more options to explore and being able to control 4 teams at once is a lot more fun when all 4 teams are not tanks. I think soviets are just more dominate because of desolators, iron curtain, and flak trak bombs (desos, engineers, fodder etc..). Soviets do have tricks up their sleeve, but I think it’s the simplicity and power of the soviets that gives them the edge in any normal match up. Now when we start talking specific maps and tactics then I think the argument can change 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Does anybody know why the soviet Conscript has Flak Armor and the GI not? Same with the Allied Amphibious Transport which got light armor, the soviet counterpart got heavy,...seems strange, maybe the sov marine has no strong firepower like the destroyer for moveable objects. By the way, when i change both the allied and sov power plant to 600 credits and 200 energy, set the chronosphere to 5 like the iron curtain, increase the price for desolators from 600 to 800 and increase the price for the nuclear Powerplant or remove it completely, would this make the game more balanced? Cause when teching is now a lot easier for Allies, is  it not unbalanced again? Cause Allied lategame blows sovs complete out of water?

Edited by R ick

• 6 months later...

Chrono technology and espionage makes allies far greater than soviets. Spy satellite is a major factor of  total map control. Besides, speed on battlefield also brings a real advantage. What is more, instant repair opportunity also matters. Especially group of dolphins means they also rule the seas. Elite prism tanks does not even need an explanation.

And battle fortresses in the expansion ?.. Perhaps soviets would better own it for equilibrium !..  :D

Perhaps a smaller battlefield may give soviets a little advantage, but that is all.

Edited by cc88_06
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cc88_06 said:

Chrono technology and espionage makes allies far greater than soviets. Spy satellite is a major factor of  total map control. Besides, speed on battlefield also brings a real advantage. What is more, instant repair opportunity also matters. Especially group of dolphins means they also rule the seas. Elite prism tanks does not even need an explanation.

And battle fortresses in the expansion ?.. Perhaps soviets would better own it for equilibrium !..  :D

Perhaps a smaller battlefield may give soviets a little advantage, but that is all.

Sovs. Just flat out suck In late-game When one has a good amount of Mirages/Prisms and BFs Yes they might have the best basic tank But does that make them good? Clearly NO! :P Cause Only Iraq has a useful unit For Sovs. The rest of the sov countries Have terrible. units That either need supers. Or early game use Staring at Terrorists/Demo Trucks since those become obsolete After awhile :D Not really saying they suck on all levels. But is it really that neccesary to only have sovs Have Iraq as their strong point while the other factions in serious gameplay Get ignored or no buffs :( 

On 11/25/2019 at 11:44 AM, MapDesigner said:

Rhino vs Veteran Grizzly, who would win?

I think its grizzly but im not too sure. I guess that adds one more point to our discussion :)

Hungry Yuri Brutes! Always would win :P Cause they are so great! When i lead them that i wont need any other units To use! ❤️ Once i spam too much Every player would quit the game With the insane amount of Hungry Yuri Brutes! i always spam! :P❤️ 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...