Is Allied vs Soviet Balanced?

MapDesigner

2 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un will become best friends before this topic is ever resolved :D. But one thing that I think everyone will agree on is the fact that nobody has ever dominated the xwis ladder month after month, or any organised tournaments using the following units:

• Tank Destroyers
  • Demolition Truck
  • Terrorists
  • Tesla Tanks

People do use Germany, Libya, Cuba and Russia, but I don't think they actually use those mentioned units much, if at all. So if the CnCNet staff ever decide to add the option to play using a balance mode, which was suggested years ago by Iran if I'm not mistaken (the unofficial version 1.007), I don't think anyone will mind if those units get buffed up.

i actually think it would be good since soviet = iraq play something else and u have less chance  [ not to mention vs yuri ofc ]

2 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un will become best friends before this topic is ever resolved :D. But one thing that I think everyone will agree on is the fact that nobody has ever dominated the xwis ladder month after month, or any organised tournaments using the following units:

• Tank Destroyers
  • Demolition Truck
  • Terrorists
  • Tesla Tanks

People do use Germany, Libya, Cuba and Russia, but I don't think they actually use those mentioned units much, if at all. So if the CnCNet staff ever decide to add the option to play using a balance mode, which was suggested years ago by Iran if I'm not mistaken (the unofficial version 1.007), I don't think anyone will mind if those units get buffed up.

Month after month no.

I can't remember exactly, but from my memory some players was top 10 playing random. So playing as Russia, Germany, Yuri etc.

Zigzag or Sandeep could help us (and help my memory) if i'm saying right or wrong.

For sure i agree that Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un will become best friends before this topic is ever resolved =p 

since mid-2002 people are crying that Yuri is OP.

But it's the first time that i see a topic people crying that Sov >> Allied. That's why i'm a bit surprised ^_^.

3 minutes ago, LeOwNzAll said:

Month after month no.

I can't remember exactly, but from my memory some players was top 10 playing random. So playing as Russia, Germany, Yuri etc.

A lot of top ten players did use random factions, but did they actually use those four units (tank destroyer, terrorist,demo truck, tesla tank) much?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it's not *hard* for a pro player to play random on any given month and reach top 10. It is pretty hard to reach rank 1 as random. I recall Tomi and Marko winning Ra2 months as Germany just to show off for instance.

But it does make your life 10x more miserable when you are in the wrong situation. 

And on YR, if you are any soviet side other than Iraq, you are basically fucked vs. a good yuri player. 

• Upvote 1

For sure, i'm not asking that they are similar as iraq. (or as Allied for Germany)

Deso is better for sure. Just to say that you can do something even with "worst" country.

10 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

But it does make your life 10x more miserable when you are in the wrong situation. 

Yes, it's challenging :)  - if you succed, or your opponent is bad, or you did a very good job, and improve your gameplay ! So you'll be even better with deso! 

Leo, no sov other than iraq will beat Yuri. Top players have gone random, but they got screwed once they got into a situation where they needed the specialty unit. On a side note, terrorists are actually pretty good. Cuba just suffers from late game. I've thought about adding radiation to their explosion to help that issue.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Yeah, it's not *hard* for a pro player to play random on any given month and reach top 10. It is pretty hard to reach rank 1 as random. I recall Tomi and Marko winning Ra2 months as Germany just to show off for instance.

And on YR, if you are any soviet side other than Iraq, you are basically fucked vs. a good yuri player. 

april 2017 one of the last months of me playing xwis competitively

rank 1 Ngoc as random *I do understand this is ra2 and not YR but the point stands, it's not as hard as people think :D*

April 2017
#1 1 ngoc
#2 2 olaugh
#3 3 palacio
#4 4 zeno
#5 5 apache
#6 6 siralex
#7 7 ienjoyra2
#8 8 sophita
#9 9 telesia
#10 10 dave21
#1 1 -1-
#2 2 bowdwn
#3 3 -xii-
#4 4 -nz-
#5 5 c2n
#6 6 riv@l
#7 7 ROOOAR
#8 8 hsojcm
#9 9 breaku
#10 10 cansur
Edited by Marsh

Like Palacio (Mikoz) this month on xwis for example (a really good player, despite people complaining about him having more dogs than tanks, but that's another story). If you scroll down the list of matches and click on a game number on the left (for those who don't know) you can see some screenshots of each match. I'm having trouble finding any of those four units^ in any of the screenshots where he 'uses' Libya, Germany....

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, fir3w0rx said:

Yeah yeah quit showing off :D. Did you use those four^ units I mentioned above though?

I do if I can use them

tank destroyers in front of prism

terrorist flack bombs for early rush

demo trucks if you are on a map where you can hide them and drive into a base

tesla tanks for infantry spam (ie dogs)

6 minutes ago, fir3w0rx said:

Like Palacio (Mikoz) this month on xwis for example (a really good player, despite people complaining about him having more dogs than tanks, but that's another story). If you scroll down the list of matches and click on a game number on the left (for those who don't know) you can see some screenshots of each match. I'm having trouble finding any of those four units^ in any of the screenshots where he 'uses' Libya, Germany....

mikoz issue is he bails when he gets pts and uses 100 nicks, not his dogs. he's half the reason xwis died, people like him rip ect....always more concerned with their 50 pt lead.

but its obvious that those units are extremely flawed in both ra2 and yr.

play a game on MX and you'll notice that those specialty units are much for viable once they are adjusted.

Edited by Marsh
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ore_truck said:

So basically, Germany is weak because the Allies needed Airborne, Black Eagle, Sniper, or Grand Cannon to win and Libya, Cuba, and Russia are weak because Soviets can't win any game without desolators?

The part about the sovs is false. In my mod, sovs do well without the deso. Except cuba. Cuba struggles late game. The demo and tesla tank end up filling the role of the deso. The anti infantry and anti light armor.

Edited by FlyingMustache

9 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

• Tank Destroyers
  • Demolition Truck
  • Terrorists
  • Tesla Tanks

I have a couple build orders on YR that involve td’s for specific maps. Td’s build as fast in yr as they do in ra2 ;) 

4 hours ago, ore_truck said:

So basically, Germany is weak because the Allies needed Airborne, Black Eagle, Sniper, or Grand Cannon to win and Libya, Cuba, and Russia are weak because Soviets can't win any game without desolators?

You can win lots of games without desolators, but you can win even more with them :D. The weaker countries don't need those^ specific weapons, their special units just need an upgrade. Whether it be an increase in speed, armor, fire-power, cheaper cost... etc., or a mixture of several upgrades to make them worth building/training.

5 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

That's the sovs' main problem outside iraq: they have no reliable anti infantry/light armor.

Tesla tanks make great anti-infantry/light armor, so will the demo trucks and terrorists if their values are tweaked.

2 minutes ago, a1nthony said:

I have a couple build orders on YR that involve td’s for specific maps. Td’s build as fast in yr as they do in ra2 ;) 

Why don't you tell us so that we can see more of them on the battle field, or maybe a more effective way to use them.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

You can win lots of games without desolators, but you can win even more with them :D. The weaker countries don't need those^ specific weapons, their special units just need an upgrade. Whether it be an increase in speed, armor, fire-power, cheaper cost... etc., or a mixture of several upgrades to make them worth building/training.

Tesla tanks make great anti-infantry/light armor, so will the demo trucks and terrorists if their values are tweaked.

Why don't you tell us so that we can see more of them on the battle field, or maybe a more effective way to use them.

The problem with giving specifics is some rushes are useless if your opponent knows exactly what’s coming, however A basic concept behind longer games is to go +1 or +2 miners more than usual and the TD building Speed will help you catch up to rhinos attacking your base!

14 hours ago, Marsh said:

april 2017 one of the last months of me playing xwis competitively

rank 1 Ngoc as random *I do understand this is ra2 and not YR but the point stands, it's not as hard as people think :D*

April 2017
#1 1 ngoc
#2 2 olaugh
#3 3 palacio
#4 4 zeno
#5 5 apache
#6 6 siralex
#7 7 ienjoyra2
#8 8 sophita
#9 9 telesia
#10 10 dave21
#1 1 -1-
#2 2 bowdwn
#3 3 -xii-
#4 4 -nz-
#5 5 c2n
#6 6 riv@l
#7 7 ROOOAR
#8 8 hsojcm
#9 9 breaku
#10 10 cansur

u r a n00b

23 hours ago, ore_truck said:

germany is weak because tank destroyers are terrible units, and all the other allied specialty options are good options.  Any soviet faction other than iraq is weak because desolaters kill everything 

This makes sov even easier. 

All of the answers are the same: go iraq. 

If you're allies in qm, some maps u want gb, some france, america or korea.  When ur korea, playing vs america is a rough time. When your gb, playing vs korea is a tough time.  

Iraq  being the only valid option is not a weakness, its a strength 

i like how allies have answers for everything. desos? robo tanks are 100% immune against radiation, battlefortress + sniper/seals, harriers, rocketeers.....the rest of special units are so useless german tank destroyer is better. communists don't have this luxury.

i love allies on top v bottom!!! as soon as mirage or prism rides out from the wf, it's gg to any communist worshiper. i also like how spy basically give prism tanks rhino armor because fuck you i deserve to win.

Edited by xe3

2 hours ago, xe3 said:

i like how allies have answers for everything. desos? robo tanks are 100% immune against radiation, battlefortress + sniper/seals, harriers, rocketeers.....the rest of special units are so useless german tank destroyer is better. communists don't have this luxury.

i love allies on top v bottom!!! as soon as mirage or prism rides out from the wf, it's gg to any communist worshiper. i also like how spy basically give prism tanks rhino armor because fuck you i deserve to win.

2 hours ago, xe3 said:

Robot tanks are awesome! They are good against yuri as they move quickly after magnetrons lift them, and on maps where yuri can’t camp resources with bunkers like blood feud they are perfect for owning their miners since they can’t get mind controlled. Also on naval maps they are good for sneak attacks and they are pretty good against buildings as well!

Edited by a1nthony

22 hours ago, a1nthony said:

Robot tanks are awesome! They are good against yuri as they move quickly after magnetrons lift them, and on maps where yuri can’t camp resources with bunkers like blood feud they are perfect for owning their miners since they can’t get mind controlled. Also on naval maps they are good for sneak attacks and they are pretty good against buildings as well!

yes i also love spies a horde of lvl1 prisms or mirages or battlefortress going straight to lvl3 by doing absolutely nothing....allies are the best! ! !

lvl3 prims or mirages or battlefortress >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any commie unit, regardless of level (mostly lvl 0 outplayed)

as soon as spy enters wf, barracks, lab or ref communist can just get the fuck out and go play rhino battles with bots! it's a good thing that communists have nothing but rhinos and desos.

1 prism tank can own entire commie base, even if he has has spent $3000000 on defenses. communist doesnt have this luxury.

50 prisms > 75 rhinos.

50 prisms > 100 desos.

100 guardian gi's > 50 rhinos.

1 battlefortress with 5 snipers > 10000 desos

1 robo tank > 1000 desos

100 prisms > 100 apocs

80 prisms + 20 rocketteers > 110 apocs

etc etc etc

Edited by xe3
  • Like 1

• Ferret locked this topic
  • Grant unlocked this topic