CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MapDesigner

Is Allied vs Soviet Balanced?

1 hour ago, FlyingMustache said:

Things work out differently against players than they do against computer opponents.

Good luck beating a computer on base deployment timing !

Edited by laserbeak

7 minutes ago, laserbeak said:

Good luck beating a computer on base deployment timing !

I won't. They deploy lightning quick. Though that doesn't matter since the AI sucks at everything else. :P

4 minutes ago, FlyingMustache said:

I won't. They deploy lightning quick. Though that doesn't matter since the AI sucks at everything else. :P

True dat

The Allies have cool Linked Prism Tower technology (2 additional Prism Towers can link to create a powerful beam.) The Soviets have their Tesla Troopers powering the Tesla Coils (3 other TT's in close proximity of Tesla Coils to power it offline, & a more lethal blast.) It has its usefulness in MP but I see no use for it in Single-player. As you can see, the Allies have iron-clad techniques, whilst the Soviets require you to make use of adhoc motley tactics. Perhaps if the Siege Chopper could transport units, could turn the tide...

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, laserbeak said:

The Allies have cool Linked Prism Tower technology (2 additional Prism Towers can link to create a powerful beam.) The Soviets have their Tesla Troopers powering the Tesla Coils (3 other TT's in close proximity of Tesla Coils to power it offline, & a more lethal blast.) It has its usefulness in MP but I see no use for it in Single-player. As you can see, the Allies have iron-clad techniques, whilst the Soviets require you to make use of adhoc motley tactics. Perhaps if the Siege Chopper could transport units, could turn the tide...

I find most things can be used in single player. Computers are weak and will lose to just about any tactic.

Rhino vs Veteran Grizzly, who would win?

I think its grizzly but im not too sure. I guess that adds one more point to our discussion :)

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2019 at 4:44 AM, MapDesigner said:

Rhino vs Veteran Grizzly, who would win?

I think its grizzly but im not too sure. I guess that adds one more point to our discussion :)

If I remember correctly a vet grizzly beats rhino, but rhinos level up faster when killing vet grizzlies. Spying a war factory  and mass grizzly tanks is a throwback technique. 

Allies are all about Mis-direction and pressure; or depending on the map, camping and annoying your opponent at the same time. Allies can eventually get to a point where you do not need to outplay your opponent, but it’s very hard. That’s why at a higher level allies are usually a lot funnier to play because they have more options to explore and being able to control 4 teams at once is a lot more fun when all 4 teams are not tanks. I think soviets are just more dominate because of desolators, iron curtain, and flak trak bombs (desos, engineers, fodder etc..). Soviets do have tricks up their sleeve, but I think it’s the simplicity and power of the soviets that gives them the edge in any normal match up. Now when we start talking specific maps and tactics then I think the argument can change 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1