Jump to content

CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MapDesigner

Advice for good AI that build naval units

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I noticed AI is quite bad at building naval units.

 

Is there an ai better at buildings ships? Is there maybe a guide on how to run for a map?

 

Is there a dif. Between yuri and ra2 ai? And between patches ?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh.. AI is just bad at using naval units.

I hate when i create mission maps with Ai using naval. Because they just stand still and do nothing :S i didn't want them to attack waypoints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AI is just terrible in the game, you can't have full experience of fun (especially in naval warfare) compared to playing with people. I wouldn't expect having a satisfying naval game with the AI unless there's a mod that improves them a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ore_truck said:

The AI is just terrible in the game, you can't have full experience of fun (especially in naval warfare) compared to playing with people. I wouldn't expect having a satisfying naval game with the AI unless there's a mod that improves them a lot.

I actually just stumbled into one yesterday, called brutality mod. I still havent tested it. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second that.

Played with AI using naval map, the only things that they keep sending if they're allied are robot tanks/rocketeers/jets. That's it. Even that, it's just in small numbers and doesn't really have any impact on you.

I believe (don't have the exact statistics though) that quite a large numbers of users do play against AI most of the time. Mine included.

Because I don't always have a stable and unlimited internet connection all the time, so I have to resort playing with AI instead.

Plus the CNCNET version of Yuri's Revenge has far more extra options to choose from compared to the original game, and it's also generally more stable. Less prone to crash.

But the AI performance is not that impressive, even when I tick the "Brutal AI" in the option list.

I just wish the CNCNET developers here could do something to improve it.

But interestingly, I found that the AI can be really brutal if you play them in "Unholy Alliance" mode. Where the numbers of built increase greatly. But this mode doesn't have lots of maps.

 

Edited by MSBS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MSBS said:

But the AI performance is not that impressive, even when I tick the "Brutal AI" in the option list.

I just wish the CNCNET developers here could do something to improve it..

 

That's less of an issue with CNCNet and more for the community to solve. There are plenty of mods, maps, and balances that attempt to fix this issue. If you are seriously interested in finding these sorts of things they are out there that maek the AI much, much more difficult to handle. CNCNet can not do a thing to change this issue, from what I understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually on CnCNet we can, we just need to patch the Ai with a new one. 

It's basically as simple as replacing a text file, there's an ai.ini somewhere, when I started map making back in 2003 I also spent some time trying to improve the Ai.

For the best AI though, each map should be edited with the ai developed specifically for the map.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wishlist for CnCNet's next update:

Ai levels

- Easy Ai

- Medium Ai

- Brutal Ai

- Relentless Ai

- XXxPrepxX Ai

Could you imagine an Ai rushing dreadnought to your base? Would be killer for maps like office B. Try Ron on Bay of Pigs sometime. Then copy his naval style and paste onto new Ai settings. Maybe vote who is best navy player in the community then have him volunteer to show us how to code our bots for future use. ;)

Edited by aWarNoob1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2017 at 3:06 AM, XXxPrePxX said:

 

That's less of an issue with CNCNet and more for the community to solve. There are plenty of mods, maps, and balances that attempt to fix this issue. If you are seriously interested in finding these sorts of things they are out there that maek the AI much, much more difficult to handle. CNCNet can not do a thing to change this issue, from what I understand.

Arent we cncnet? O.o im confused. I always thought that cnc net is the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MapDesigner said:

Arent we cncnet? O.o im confused. I always thought that cnc net is the community.

What xprepx said is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 9:06 PM, MapDesigner said:

Arent we cncnet? O.o im confused. I always thought that cnc net is the community.

Yes, we are. CNCNet IS the community!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...