[YR/Ares - Mission] Yuri's Final Return - A Red Alert 2 Opera in 4 Acts

Messiah

After more than 6 month of work, this mission finally is completed! This mission on a momumental landscape map is divided into 4 acts. At the beginning, you do some commando actions behind enemy lines, and later on, you have to stand against Yuri's armies, before you have to launch the last attack against his fortress.

The mission itself is finished, but string-tables (ingame mission briefing) are still not working yet. (How can I do this?)
And there is no custom starting screen yet. Play it by starting the allied campaign.

I added some Ares tags. Though this mission still works fine without Ares, it prevents some cheats/bugs and adds some additional features, mainly applying to your heroes.

The map is 200x200 and playthrough time is roundabout 3 - 5 hours.

Download link is below the pictures.

Yuri is back. He build up a huge fortress, whom where he plans to dominate the world.
American and russian forces launched a coordinated attack on Yuri to stop him, but the attempt failed and they both
got overthrown by Yuri's mind control technology.

Because a large scale frontal attack failed, we send a special ops team, including Tanya and Boris, to
free both bases from Yuri's control. But again, we were overthrown. Our MCV was captured and the Airplane with
our team members was shot down...

Your team found together.

SCRN0294.thumb.png.f82fcc4612e444e558a7d5e53b8d3286.png

soviet troops in a cloudy day.

SCRN0434.thumb.png.e915a9507b96fe6d47181d29e470a6f7.png

Chemical attack on yuris soldiers

SCRN0386.thumb.png.2f9e4c5b37524cc8bab9e553299c2ce0.png

Mission is now included here:

get Ares here: https://launchpad.net/ares/+download

yr_mission67.zip

Edited by Messiah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh man.. that's one of the finest mission's i ever played. (downloaded and played it now like a month, maybe more)
But.. once i played i can't say i will play it again with the same satisfaction and that's because the end of mission it can be done in up to 10 minutes after the base is set up with a bunch of rocketeers.

The Yuri should be removed with something more complex or at least to finish off all the base and enemies for the mission to be over.

Once again Thanks for this piece of art . It's been years since i played a good map like this. (Concolor/Raden/FlyingZ and so on shall envy you ^_^ )

Waiting for more to come. Peace :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2017 at 1:21 AM, Messiah said:

The mission itself is finished, but string-tables (ingame mission briefing) are still not working yet. (How can I do this?)
And there is no custom starting screen yet. Play it by starting the allied campaign.

Any luck with this? It's kinda confusing what to do when the briefings are all gibberish.
Still haven't finished the mission, but ooo wheee! it's a doozy! :D:D:D

11 hours ago, Jacen Solo said:

Still not finished it! I spent way too long getting here

WHATTTTT???? :D:D:D

Man, i am speachless ... You have done like 15 % omg :blink:. After you pass that "act" the hell will be unleashed. Prepare yourself.. Don't forget to do game saves.. it's kritical.

• Haha 1

On 13.1.2018 at 10:41 AM, Jacen Solo said:

Any luck with this? It's kinda confusing what to do when the briefings are all gibberish.

Actually, I don't know how to do it. Maybe a RA2 Pro can help me there!

LOL, you trained the medic :D Usually I need roundabout 15 minuts to gather all team members. But, of course, I know the map!

On 16/01/2018 at 1:22 AM, iulian said:

WHATTTTT???? :D:D:D

Man, i am speachless ... You have done like 15 % omg :blink:. After you pass that "act" the hell will be unleashed. Prepare yourself.. Don't forget to do game saves.. it's kritical.

Hahahaha I know! I died! Like thrice. So then I got bored and tried to get everybody promoted lol
Still haven't finished it... No time :( 

Edit: I cheated. Just a little bit :P

SCRN0003.png

Edited by Jacen Solo

• 1 year later...

Both are cool missions. Highly challenging and enjoyable to play.

Yuri's Final Return map : my personal difficulty rating would be 7/10, at brutal level. Nice to garrison the factory with initiates near the bridge and set up a grand cannon base. Interesting to defend your base when Yuri grows angry :) and exciting to observe flying yuri clones.

There is an easy way for a sudden win (you even don't need to build an offensive army), but I don't want to give a 'spoiler' to gamers who haven't tried this mission yet.

+

The Avengers map : Beginning part is pretty hard till the arrival of your mcv. After the lab destruction and heros/Einstein evacuation, I voluntarily do not prefer to kill enemy mcv's and let them build their bases, so as to enjoy a more challenging mission.

Personel difficulty rating: 9/10 (before base), 4/10 (after base).

• Upvote 1