Chief's Map Workshop

Ferret

I rarely play Tiberian Dawn but its good fun. (I need to mess about with my C&C95 files to get online working.)

What if you made some maps from Red Alert as well

(example off the top of my Head, Keep off the Grass and ummm... Treasure isle maybe?)

The only problem with that is proportion will be out of wack. I would need to copy some 64*64 maps to recreate instead of some of the bigger mega maps. But from what I know, no one plays on those really small maps on Red Alert anyway.

Unless of course, you have some ideas. Then feel free to post some ideas if you so wish. You can totally request a map to be made, whether it be a Red Alert remake or a vision of your own.

• 4 weeks later...

Update!

Changelog

Team Fortress

NOTE: Delete "sc-gcmaps.mix" if it is in your Command & Conquer directory as the new "sc-dak.mix" file replaces it!

EDIT: Everyone please redownload for those who did. Had a little bug going on. Should be okay now.

EDIT2: Okay I lied. Give me a couple of minutes. Apparently it didn't work!

EDIT3: Done and done. Download is back up! Enjoy the new map! :)

EDIT4: Okay so apparently the game doesn't like the .mix file. Investigating the problem currently.

EDIT5: FIXED! Go download now! :) Also, after testing Team Fortress. I realize that the map definitely has some space issues. Although. It's how the map is! Adapt to it. See how things go.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Thread has been updated with some of my recent Tiberian Dawn to Red Alert conversions. If you have any maps that you would like to see converted, feel free to drop a reply.

I'm also thinking of making more Tiberian Dawn maps, and maybe even some Red Alert maps as well.

• 2 months later...

All my Tiberian Dawn to Red Alert map previews have been updated. The download link is now there as well.

The maps do not have Tiberian Alert rules, but you're welcome to use any of these maps to your liking!

Even @cn2mc's maps have been updated with their respective color on neutral structures. KE is used to note "Keen Edition" which means it's not exactly original. The edit is intended to help with Tiberian Alert gameplay.

8 minutes ago, Ferret said:

@AchromicWhite

Yeah! It took about an hour or so. I was procrastinating quite a bit, lol. I think I did Zodiac awhile back too. I'll end up putting that in here as well.

I'd really like to see how rush down rampage would play in TA. It has that fast paced feel to it. Not sure if you've ever played TD on it, it's pretty cool.
https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/7619-whtrush-down-rampage/?tab=comments#comment-58437

@AchromicWhite

That wouldn't be a bad idea! I mean, the map itself wouldn't be too hard to replicate since there isn't too much detail, as well as it being a smaller map. I'll whip it up here soon. Let me know if you want to have some TA games, just message me on Steam.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...