League of Legends x Command & Conquer

iTzBryan

• 5 weeks later...

It's not that it's possible for mobile, it's that it's clearly a dumbed down version of C&C...
With NO story, NO bases, NO micro, BARELY any macro and lazy graphics that look cartoony.

This is C&C removing half the game. The original C&C had 50x the content of this, and it was made over 20 years ago!

EA is out of touch and out of mind, and this just confirms it. This game goes down like a cup of cold sick for me, and I suspect for many others.

The only thing this game makes me want to do any different is to give money to the CnCNet team for keeping the classics alive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

EA got it right with cnc3 more or less so they can do it they just have to keep repeating successes and the tried and true things that fans like such as base building and realistic looking units rather than cartoonish ones,  rather than trying to do something different or original from their own ideas.  All they have to do is a graphics upgrade almost, because the formula is already so good but they some how manage to mess it up when they try their own ideas.

C&C3 is indeed one of the best games out there.

The rps was kepts so simple that the game plays almost perfectly.

I think that EA games has a better chance with c&c dawn. That plays like the mobile version of dune2.

Also check out projectY for good control.

Another Good example would be Warfare Inc. It plays like the mobile version of Dune 2.

Just placing suggestions.

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2018 at 6:56 AM, GanXster said:

That's a shame for all oldschool C&C fans. WTF EA! Stop this BS !

What I find strange is that the game is full of nostalgia, so it seems aimed at older players... who will hate the game play.

But they've said that it's RTS, re-imagined, for a new generation... who might like the game play, but wont know what any of the stuff in the game is (lore wise).
So who the hell is the game for?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AchromicWhite said:

What I find strange is that the game is full of nostalgia, so it seems aimed at older players... who will hate the game play.

But they've said that it's RTS, re-imagined, for a new generation... who might like the game play, but wont know what any of the stuff in the game is (lore wise).
So who the hell is the game for?

Its probably all about cash, they wanted to appeal to as many people as possible (old and new) and sell it as a mobile phone game (to as many ppl as possible for more cash), also the very limiting processing power of mobiles means they almost have no choice but to make it like it was a game from 1996, probably drawing inspiration from soul survivor, limited money maps and their own lousy modern ideas. So now all you get is everyone feeling disappointed rather than everyone feeling pleased, since EA's way of modernising it turns the stomachs of older players, EA won't make its money, EA probably wont make another CnC for some time, we get another disappointment like tiberium twilight, we have to wait many more years for a good cnc, maybe we will never get it, and yea EA will probably keep making the same mistakes when its really an easy problem to solve despite the cnc fan base seeming overly fussy they are not they just want a few fundamental things , like base building, improved graphics, good story, good looking non cartoony unrealistic looking units, etc 

They should draw inspiration from ra1,cnc1, and more importantly form red alert 2, and cnc 3 because that's where they didn't fail, that's where they listened/got it right. 

Edited by chem

It's like Duke Nukem Forever all over again. They tried making a game from a nostalgic franchise into the wrong direction. It's like they're trying to appeal old C&C fans and new generation of gamers at the same time. C&C fans would love the C&C content like Kane, tiberium, Mammoth Tanks and Orcas and even Seth is in the game, but obviously a mobile PTW is not going to make C&C players happy. New generation of gamers might be appealed by mobile PTW games but they don't understand C&C, they don't appreciate C&C or recognize it as a great franchise.

That's already two types of haters. Next type is the bandwagon trolls...

To be honest, it actually looks kind of fun :D. If they hadn't slapped the words "Command & Conquer" to it, and changed all the "C&C" stuff to something else (especially that junkie-looking Kane ), people wouldn't hate on it so much, imo. Kind of reminds me of RA3; it's a pretty cool game, but doesn't really feel like the previous RA or RA2 games.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, fir3w0rx said:

To be honest, it actually looks kind of fun :D. If they hadn't slapped the words "Command & Conquer" to it, and changed all the "C&C" stuff to something else (especially that junkie-looking Kane ), people wouldn't hate on it so much, imo. Kind of reminds me of RA3; it's a pretty cool game, but doesn't really feel like the previous RA or RA2 games.

I have to say ra3 was good in my book, more or less, just a bit too cartoony, I like a tank that looks like a tank not like a cartoon/ dogs chew toy. But its tiberium twilight that was the mother of all mistakes, this mobile game is horrible too imo, generals doesn't feel like our game  it has a lack of character style and plot.

They should re make cnc3 or cnc1 and add to it while correcting mistakes (like the next game but based on a game that was a success )

For red alert they should add to ra1, ra2 and ra3 and correct mistakes esp the ones in ra3.

Then they would be golden, all they have to do is what was popular and well reviewed and well received and scrap what was hated by most people, its so easy but they just keep messing up then giving up.

I predict the next bluder will be making it too PC like the latest battlefield game, where they changed history just to make it politically correct, that's what they will do to the next cnc I bet!

Edited by chem
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

Yeah, I actually agree with this. The game itself doesn't look bad, on it's own. Though I do expect pay to win, which I really dislike. If grinding can truly unlock all the features, it might still work, but would need a ladder to separate players and keep the game feeling somewhat fair, like what is done with Hearthstone.
Is it C&C, though? No... and that's going to create a lot of hate.

I think if EA were still making true C&C games, people wouldn't be so pissed, though. Because it'd be a spinoff game from their franchise. As it stands, the franchise is dead, so this game feels more like I'm just looking at C&C's corpse being walked around on stage. I'm being taunted about what I don't get to have, and the replacement is a mobile game... the sort that already exists in droves. Low quality, pay to win.

Go make C&C. You think that seeing the bad reaction that C&C4 gave that they'd have learned not to mess too much with the formulae. But here we are.

• Sad 1

If they are going to make a new RTS. I think that they could simply use the engine from C&C3. Make more realistic graphics. And place a Dune world in it. 

You could get a remastered EbfD with proper builds and proper RPS.

It would actually fit.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. I have seen the gameplay. 

Its disencouraging to say at least.

Everything so far seems to be melee units. 

You need to control the nuke through a form of domination. 2 nukes and you win.

Upgrades on units. I wonder how that will turn out.

It is only avaiable in the U.S. so far I know. So no game for me.

• iTzBryan changed the title to League of Legends x Command & Conquer