Red Alert 2:YR AI improvement mod (Update!! 1.21.06.22) Compatible with CNC client now

TK3600

1 hour ago, PrezSpammer said:

Since this has been broken since the game first came out, I'd like to address the need to improve algorithms for crates. So many times, we pick up crates that are redundant and/or outright unnecessary so I was hoping admins could make tweaks to improve their practicality. If it's possible, please let us know if any of these tweaks are possible to put in place when editing custom maps.

-If the map is already revealed either from a crate or via spy sat, any other crates picked up afterwards will no longer be map reveal until the player loses radar or spy sat.

-No heal if all units and buildings are at full health but increased chances if more and more units and/or buildings have health in the yellow or red

-Increased chances for firepower upgrade but make it so that units like dogs, engineers and spies are no longer eligible for it since they don't benefit in any way

-If it's not too far fetched, make it so that the upgrade crates are more balanced between each team... or each player in 1v1 or FFA. I've played far too many ToE games where the upgrades were so lopsided, it was such a cakewalk for the team that benefited.

-If a player loses an MCV, they have an increased chance to receive a matching MCV from crates. Among other things, this helps to compensate for if a game wrecker deliberately wants to break no rush rules and destroy an opposing player's MCV in hopes of ruining the game.

That's up to you to modify. Crates aren't balanced. They're meant to be there for random fun, not balance. You want no rushers? Put defenses in the middle until timer expires. Sometimes yes, crate upgrades are very lopsided. That's what happens in a game about luck. If you want to reduce the luck factor, do what I did. Remove the utility crates and/or increase the proc chance of the upgrades. Promo is 20%, the other three are 10%. I changed them all to 25% for less luck and quicker games.

Update:

1. Grizzly Tank and Rhino tank now automatically respond to approaching enemy. While it has some undesired effects of player tank moving, it helped AI tremendously. I will try make it not affect player next patch.

2. New script: Allied country will rush your shipyard with dolphin. Without defense it makes short work of shipyard.

3. Fixed wrong target bugs in naval bombardment against Yuri.

4. Changed AI target priority to favor high threat units more.

5. New script: Soviet occasionally send large amount of Rhino attack unpredictably.

6. AI will less likely to get too close to enemy base in small maps by mistake.

7. New Script: Korea now target superweapon with air strikes.

8. Terrorist buff: No longer deal damage to other terrorists upon death.

9. Rhino tanks less likely to ignore interception while grouping at enemy base.

10. Fixed spy failing to steal money when enemy has multiple refinery.

11. AI now use iron curtain more frequently.

12. Fixed kirov support unit for distracting AA units.

13. AI respond to kirov air ships faster.

14. Terror drone, apocalypse tank no longer ignore interception.

15. Soviet occasionally harass with siege chopper.

16. Demo truck buff: Slightly more radiation from explosion, meant to kill infantry from destroyed buildings.

17. AI now properly repair bridges. Try play Arctic Circle, AI will repair destroyed bridges.

3 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

Unfortunately, I forgot the names.

So far I've developed a basic soviet Ai as part of my rewrite, the rage quitter toll is increasing rapidly. 
Playing as soviet vs 3 brutals is near impossible.

Like what? :)

6 hours ago, FReQuEnZy said:

It should over-rule your ai edits, if it doesn't (plays like your ai) then clear your mod.

I gave it a try. I really liked the idea of engineer flak attack is comboed with drone, I will borrow that. The down side is AI build no practical base defense. Only Soviet is doing anything others build nothing.

4 hours ago, FReQuEnZy said:

Against how many bots?

3, the max map allowed. I used the starting unit to rush down the base of first AI. I moved MCV closer to the corner to avoid flankings, leaving only 2 routes of attack. The rest was a cake walk.

5 hours ago, FReQuEnZy said:

You used units that spawn with mcv? Not many still use that.

Give how slow they were at building I could have used dogs and engineer rush. I can see it getting hard if I did not delete my rulesmd.ini that made them build multi factory.

Edited by TK3600

It's easy to beat, I know, it's only got 41 active triggers and most of them are used for Soviet vs Soviet combat, there are working self-defence triggers yet, so it should come as no surprise.
I'm observing how people of different skill levels fight it and building the Ai around their successes and failures. 

15 hours ago, FReQuEnZy said:

It's easy to beat, I know, it's only got 41 active triggers and most of them are used for Soviet vs Soviet combat, there are working self-defence triggers yet, so it should come as no surprise.
I'm observing how people of different skill levels fight it and building the Ai around their successes and failures. 

What did you find? I personally think I am not that good because I do not play PVP often. But I do know AI in and out and I opened up Final Alert to see the scripts first, so no element of surprises here.

I just observed the general style people use when approaching the ai and adopted the ai to their counters/defence so that it can increase in difficulty basing on the player's strategy.
Make a game and see how people play against your Ai then you can make it more challenging and patch 'weak spots'. So far I'm trying to make my Ai emulate online PvP players and it's turning out a bit like the RA1 Ai in it's way of attacking the economy a lot more than normal.

I'm using Final Alert 2 to make the whole Ai, discovered a bug in FA2 recently though, took me ~3h to figure out how to get the Ai to use desolators against Yuri due to that bug.

On 1/17/2018 at 6:04 PM, FReQuEnZy said:

I just observed the general style people use when approaching the ai and adopted the ai to their counters/defence so that it can increase in difficulty basing on the player's strategy.
Make a game and see how people play against your Ai then you can make it more challenging and patch 'weak spots'. So far I'm trying to make my Ai emulate online PvP players and it's turning out a bit like the RA1 Ai in it's way of attacking the economy a lot more than normal.

I'm using Final Alert 2 to make the whole Ai, discovered a bug in FA2 recently though, took me ~3h to figure out how to get the Ai to use desolators against Yuri due to that bug.

My god, you need to tell me.