CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ShowtimeRa2

As allie how much miners do u need?

At ra2 is 6 miners u can tech up or more war's ,and how is this on yuri ?This is with normal ore no gems and no oils.

Is there any diffrents betwen oils ?(dif between yr and ra2?)

Edited by ShowtimeRa2

it depends on the map ofc but as startup i would go for 5 miners some maps like dune if i played allies i won't go above 5 and some maps like cs or heck i would go for 7+  1v1 ofc later on as u tech as allies u can match soviet with less miners when u get ore purifier

• Like 1

i started writing a long post...then i realized that this topic will end up as another allied vs soviet rant for 10+ pages in the forum.

• Haha 3

On regular map no gem / no oils (CS, DP, BF etc.) 

you need 2 miners for one line of production (it’s the slightly the same for all side, sov/allied/Yuri) 

it means 2 miners to make building from mvc. Add 2 miners if you want to build in same time tanks. 

If there are gems, 1 miner count twice. 

So for my part I always go 4 miners in regular map to tech up.

then when you have lab, you have 2 ways, going to purifier or ref (for 5th miner). As purifier gives you 25% more each load of your miner, both are equivalent. 

Purfiier cost a bit more and need an extra PP, but save ore (in dP or BF, there is very few ore, so get purifier fast can give you the win), in the other hand making a new ref it’s cheaper, gives you a new point to unload for your miners, and in case you lose 1 miner, you still have 4 miners, better than 3 miners + 1 purifier. 

If I’m under pressure I go for ref, if I lose one miner it’s better

• Thanks 1

you can ask about which map needs how many miners from me privately show(at gr). there have been a lot of posts about this and i don't want to make a flood out here again.

I'll also note that you really should just watch allied players who can beat your soviet in ra2 play...and play with them in 1v1 and 2 v 2 to learn what to do as allied.  you'll have a lot of players on here, like myself, who are still learning to play wanting to contribute their baseless theory on allied play.

Edited by Gun_Man
  • Like 1

You can tech on 4, but you won’t have an economy to also make lots of Rockies or have spare cash for defenses. 5 is ideal and 6 is more so you have the cash flow to do more things 

• Like 2

You don’t need to spam Rockies, flak are too strong in Yuri. You can lose lot of money making them. I only build one to annoy and force him to make a flak. 

i rather going ASAP to Mirage/BF.

but yes for a moment you can be pressured, if you pass it, you are on the way to the victory if the sov did not go fast IC. 

Else just play as Ra2 players did, spam grizzli and WF. Play as if you were sov...

but it was not your question? If you want to play as Ra2, you have to know that tank building are slower in yuri so you need less cash (and so miner) to multi-WF.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gun_Man said:

I'll also note that you really should just watch allied players who can beat your soviet in ra2 play...and play with them in 1v1 and 2 v 2 to learn what to do as allied.  you'll have a lot of players on here, like myself, who are still learning to play wanting to contribute their baseless theory on allied play.

Used to whoop this old man all the time. He would list excuse after excuse, throw tantrums and then bail. He did this against most good players. Disgraceful player

Showtime, the difference you are looking for is that you have more money on YR then you do on RA2. 

Sodsw has best post in thread so far... 5 miners is ideal in the most general case, 6 would be really f**king cool, but unlikely to get 6 in most cases. 

Leo's post is also pretty good, but v. hard to pull off going only 4 miners to tech in most situations vs. a challenging opponent (especially a sov). 

To answer: 4-6 miners are needed and the most general case would be considered 5. Can probably get 6 on a map like heck, can easily go with 4 on a map like offense defense with tons of gems and 2 strong oils. 

• Like 1

Depends on the map, how many mineral fields and how big are they.

If you decide to build less miners because the map has gemstone and oil derricks, you can open up with more tanks but if the opponent sticked to their usual "build X number of miners even if there are oil and gemstone" (he didn't bother with less miners) he''ll' get richer than you later on.

On 1/12/2018 at 1:52 PM, LeOwNzAll said:

Else just play as Ra2 players did, spam grizzli and WF. Play as if you were sov...

RA2 players never did this, rocketeers + planes were always used to harass on YR flak just blows rockies out of the sky in 2 seconds, instead of 3-5 it did in RA2. 

On 1/12/2018 at 7:52 AM, LeOwNzAll said:

I prob teched faster on ra2 than you do on YR... vs better players without a BF or a shield. You type a lot of stupid shit

On 1/12/2018 at 7:52 AM, LeOwNzAll said:

for a moment you can be pressured, if you pass it, you are on the way to the victory if the sov did not go fast IC. 

Why wouldn't a sov player get a fast IC on YR? Are you playing noobs or something? And if it's 2v2, your opponent can just go slap your ally while you camp in your base. YR players are 1 trick ponies on easy mode and that's why you all get slapped by ra2 players

• Haha 1

Dune Patrol has always been a sov map, with any evenly skilled top players the sov will always smash Allied.

• Upvote 1

The simple answer is 1 less than you would need on ra2.

On 16/01/2018 at 5:13 PM, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

Why wouldn't a sov player get a fast IC on YR? 

Fast IC isnt always the best strategy imo it depends on the map. Some situations its better to have an early 3 wars and try to stop or stall the allied from having a lab.

• Upvote 1

On 1/11/2018 at 11:58 PM, Gun_Man said:

i started writing a long post...then i realized that this topic will end up as another allied vs soviet rant for 10+ pages in the forum.

These so-called "rants" are the most interesting  topics that get the most activity on any forum.  Hence the 10+ pages. 

And u wonder why this forum  gets so little action......

Ya'll noobs need a bit more Pep in ur Step, if ya' know what im sayin' 

Which u probably dont, cuz ur noob.

But anyhow, mr showtime. The most basic principle of ra2 / yr is:

There is no such thing as too many miners.

• Like 1