YR & RA2 mode, what needs updating?

[CC] RaVaGe

Not sure if this has already been mentioned (tldr):

In the building/training tab, you can cancel a whole bunch of queued up units by just hodling down shift then right-clicking twice on the queue. In original RA2, you have to right-click every unit that you want cancelled.

• Upvote 2

New bug or at least very recent.

DQMxkWy.png

Hard to see but these are black eagles with a bullet. Wrong and barely visible icon

Other difference still (since we went hardcore RA2 mode now)

1) When you spam order a unit to do something, you will repeately hear the voice clips over and over in RA2. in YR (and RA2mode) it will wait until its completely over until a new one happens from same unit. Probably not possible to be changed, however. More posted this due to Black Eagle (and Harrier) bullet bug.

Edited by Ra2Nub

More differences:

in RA2 you can force a harrier or black eagle to go to any Air Force command by hovering over one and left clicking (you will see the 'enter' cursor'). In RA2mode and YR this was removed due to unknown reasons. Its actually pretty useful if you want your Herrier to go to a specific one of your Air Force Commands.. if this can be fixed, can it be fixed in YR too?
---
A more useless difference and most likely seen as a bug: In RA2 you can set a rally point on your Air Force Command. This however is completely useless and doesn't work.

Edited by Ra2Nub
  • Upvote 1

On 2/8/2018 at 10:11 AM, FReQuEnZy said:

Flak weapons seem to be more damaging, from game-play experience they seem more accurate, the flak clouds scatter less when compared to RA2 original.
Though I've checked the rules vs rulesmd and the values remain the same, could this be a game-system change in the internal code?

Can you check that this is still the case after the updates in 3.81 ?

Here are so many people and nobody looked into old topics about RA2 and YR differences.

You guys forgot to mention in RA2 you can "wash" yuri brains (release mind controlled unit) by force-fire on ground.

Please look into old topics and check if you missed something.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ezer_2000 said:

Here are so many people and nobody looked into old topics about RA2 and YR differences.

You guys forgot to mention in RA2 you can "wash" yuri brains (release mind controlled unit) by force-fire on ground.

Pointing it out is enough ^^

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

That takes staff time, if you want RA2 on cncnet then, seeing as you're aware of the threads, how about you check em?

Edited by FReQuEnZy

Just played a series vs "Alpha" and my game got an internal error every second game, for unknown reasons.

A DC screen would pop up once he quit and after a little while it would give an internal.

The tech hospital is not attackable when captured.

@dkeeton

EXCEPT_CNCNET_17_3_2018_1_59.TXT.zip

EXCEPT_CNCNET_17_3_2018_1_47.TXT.zip

EXCEPT_CNCNET_17_3_2018_1_38.TXT.zip

Edited by FReQuEnZy

• Grant pinned this topic
2 hours ago, dkeeton said:

Do you know which map or when and who got a recent error?

Sorry I haven't made a note of the specifics, seeing as they were team games with lobbies > 4. 
At times only a single player receives an internal error, other times all of the participants.

It happens to me sometimes when I host, only my game gets an internal error while others are fine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Grant locked and unpinned this topic