Should you be able to see your opponents nickname when pressing tab in Yuri's Revenge qm?

ZiGZaG

Should you be able to see your opponents nickname when pressing tab in qm?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to see your opponents nickname when pressing tab in qm?

17 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

Except he closed the poll when there's still people that haven't voted. Not to mention it's still up to Grant/xme in the end.

but he didint it was made to close at 31th of march :/

Haha, well, I think the 'meaning' is somewhere in between useless and useful. It can tell us something if the results are very strong in one direction or the other, but if the results are this close, it is hard to tell since only a fraction of the community voted.

5 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

Because that's totally what I said. Your reading comprehension needs work. Polling for two weeks is meaningless since you won't get jack from it. 20 people out of the community is inconclusive.

I believe you first off agreed to a poll, the length doesnt really matter imo.

Even if you let this poll run a few months i doubt many more would post/vote. 21 people voted but about 30-40 saw the topic. The rest dont use the forum. It would be handy if the QM client had a message box giving players information on things like this.  Even a simple message like go to cncnet.org and have your say...personally i think they should have just tied your game account to the forum.

Id like to know how many players actually qm. Itd be nice to get a nice to get a number of how many accounts(emails) accessed the ladder last month.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ZiGZaG said:

I believe you first off agreed to a poll, the length doesnt really matter imo.

Even if you let this poll run a few months i doubt many more would post/vote. 21 people voted but about 30-40 saw the topic. The rest dont use the forum. It would be handy if the QM client had a message box giving players information on things like this.  Even a simple message like go to cncnet.org and have your say...personally i think they should have just tied your game account to the forum.

Id like to know how many players actually qm. Itd be nice to get a nice to get a number of how many accounts(emails) accessed the ladder last month.

Yes, I suggested it. I didn't say to open it for such a short time. 2 weeks is basically nothing. My poll is still getting votes even now over a month later. Also, 21 people voted, but 20 count. Did you forget killer17 saying that he misunderstood the vote and said to disregard his vote? Also, this isn't about what you "think." That's anecdotal. You "think" no more people would have voted, but your opinion doesn't matter. The whole point of the poll is to be rid of anecdotes, yet you insert an anecdote anyway.

6 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

Yes, I suggested it. I didn't say to open it for such a short time. 2 weeks is basically nothing. My poll is still getting votes even now over a month later. Also, 21 people voted, but 20 count. Did you forget killer17 saying that he misunderstood the vote and said to disregard his vote? Also, this isn't about what you "think." That's anecdotal. You "think" no more people would have voted, but your opinion doesn't matter. The whole point of the poll is to be rid of anecdotes, yet you insert an anecdote anyway.

You didnt suggest it. I suggested it. You agreed to it. The point of the poll was to get data on what the community thought about this issue, as you can see its split. Im more interested to see how many people actually qm now.

7 minutes ago, ZiGZaG said:

You didnt suggest it. I suggested it. You agreed to it. The point of the poll was to get data on what the community thought about this issue, as you can see its split. Im more interested to see how many people actually qm now.

True, I agreed with it. The thing about gathering data through poll you still don't seem to understand, is that it's inconclusive with such a small sample. 11-9 is weak. I hope that your next poll isn't done so poorly or I'll probably not take them seriously.

Edited by FlyingMustache
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

True, I agreed with it. The thing about gathering data through poll you still don't seem to understand, is that it's inconclusive with such a small sample. 11-9 is weak. I hope that your next poll isn't done so poorly or I'll probably not take them seriously.

I understand just fine, but i did say when i suggested making the poll it would run till end of month and no-one said anything then lol, like i said poll's are pointless, no poll was required to make this change in the first place, its clear staff here enjoy taking matters into there own hands regardless of public opinion or evidence. Wether its issues like this or banning players without proof.

I can re-open this and leave it running if you like? Dont see it making a difference though.

Edited by ZiGZaG
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

I understand just fine, but i did say when i suggested making the poll it would run till end of month and no-one said anything then lol, like i said poll's are pointless, no poll was required to make this change in the first place, its clear staff here enjoy taking matters into there own hands regardless of public opinion or evidence. Wether its issues like this or banning players without proof.

I can re-open this and leave it running if you like? Dont see it making a difference though.

I didn't notice the end of the month bit when you initially suggested it. I should have. You're right, it all depends on the admins in the end. Don't forget, this poll was just a way to get your way so whatever results come out won't really matter. I'd still say to leave the poll open to further collect information on how the community feels about it.

8 minutes ago, FlyingMustache said:

I didn't notice the end of the month bit when you initially suggested it. I should have. You're right, it all depends on the admins in the end. Don't forget, this poll was just a way to get your way so whatever results come out won't really matter. I'd still say to leave the poll open to further collect information on how the community feels about it.

It wasnt 'a way to get my way' it was a way to get general public opinion on the matter. Sure ill open it back up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ZiGZaG said:

It wasnt 'a way to get my way' it was a way to get general public opinion on the matter.

Lies, you'd make a good politician, that is, if you'd consider Trump a good politician...

For future reference, keep polls anonymous... they are more credible that way.

Edited by FReQuEnZy
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...