Jump to content

CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should you be able to see your opponents nickname when pressing tab in Yuri's Revenge qm?


ZiGZaG
 Share

Should you be able to see your opponents nickname when pressing tab in qm?  

28 members have voted

  1. 1. Should you be able to see your opponents nickname when pressing tab in qm?



Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

Except he closed the poll when there's still people that haven't voted. Not to mention it's still up to Grant/xme in the end.

but he didint it was made to close at 31th of march :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha, well, I think the 'meaning' is somewhere in between useless and useful. It can tell us something if the results are very strong in one direction or the other, but if the results are this close, it is hard to tell since only a fraction of the community voted.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

Because that's totally what I said. Your reading comprehension needs work. Polling for two weeks is meaningless since you won't get jack from it. 20 people out of the community is inconclusive.

I believe you first off agreed to a poll, the length doesnt really matter imo.

Even if you let this poll run a few months i doubt many more would post/vote. 21 people voted but about 30-40 saw the topic. The rest dont use the forum. It would be handy if the QM client had a message box giving players information on things like this.  Even a simple message like go to cncnet.org and have your say...personally i think they should have just tied your game account to the forum.

Id like to know how many players actually qm. Itd be nice to get a nice to get a number of how many accounts(emails) accessed the ladder last month.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZiGZaG said:

I believe you first off agreed to a poll, the length doesnt really matter imo.

Even if you let this poll run a few months i doubt many more would post/vote. 21 people voted but about 30-40 saw the topic. The rest dont use the forum. It would be handy if the QM client had a message box giving players information on things like this.  Even a simple message like go to cncnet.org and have your say...personally i think they should have just tied your game account to the forum.

Id like to know how many players actually qm. Itd be nice to get a nice to get a number of how many accounts(emails) accessed the ladder last month.

Yes, I suggested it. I didn't say to open it for such a short time. 2 weeks is basically nothing. My poll is still getting votes even now over a month later. Also, 21 people voted, but 20 count. Did you forget killer17 saying that he misunderstood the vote and said to disregard his vote? Also, this isn't about what you "think." That's anecdotal. You "think" no more people would have voted, but your opinion doesn't matter. The whole point of the poll is to be rid of anecdotes, yet you insert an anecdote anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

Yes, I suggested it. I didn't say to open it for such a short time. 2 weeks is basically nothing. My poll is still getting votes even now over a month later. Also, 21 people voted, but 20 count. Did you forget killer17 saying that he misunderstood the vote and said to disregard his vote? Also, this isn't about what you "think." That's anecdotal. You "think" no more people would have voted, but your opinion doesn't matter. The whole point of the poll is to be rid of anecdotes, yet you insert an anecdote anyway.

You didnt suggest it. I suggested it. You agreed to it. The point of the poll was to get data on what the community thought about this issue, as you can see its split. Im more interested to see how many people actually qm now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ZiGZaG said:

You didnt suggest it. I suggested it. You agreed to it. The point of the poll was to get data on what the community thought about this issue, as you can see its split. Im more interested to see how many people actually qm now.

True, I agreed with it. The thing about gathering data through poll you still don't seem to understand, is that it's inconclusive with such a small sample. 11-9 is weak. I hope that your next poll isn't done so poorly or I'll probably not take them seriously.

Edited by FlyingMustache
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

True, I agreed with it. The thing about gathering data through poll you still don't seem to understand, is that it's inconclusive with such a small sample. 11-9 is weak. I hope that your next poll isn't done so poorly or I'll probably not take them seriously.

I understand just fine, but i did say when i suggested making the poll it would run till end of month and no-one said anything then lol, like i said poll's are pointless, no poll was required to make this change in the first place, its clear staff here enjoy taking matters into there own hands regardless of public opinion or evidence. Wether its issues like this or banning players without proof.

I can re-open this and leave it running if you like? Dont see it making a difference though.

Edited by ZiGZaG
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

I understand just fine, but i did say when i suggested making the poll it would run till end of month and no-one said anything then lol, like i said poll's are pointless, no poll was required to make this change in the first place, its clear staff here enjoy taking matters into there own hands regardless of public opinion or evidence. Wether its issues like this or banning players without proof.

I can re-open this and leave it running if you like? Dont see it making a difference though.

I didn't notice the end of the month bit when you initially suggested it. I should have. You're right, it all depends on the admins in the end. Don't forget, this poll was just a way to get your way so whatever results come out won't really matter. I'd still say to leave the poll open to further collect information on how the community feels about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, FlyingMustache said:

I didn't notice the end of the month bit when you initially suggested it. I should have. You're right, it all depends on the admins in the end. Don't forget, this poll was just a way to get your way so whatever results come out won't really matter. I'd still say to leave the poll open to further collect information on how the community feels about it.

It wasnt 'a way to get my way' it was a way to get general public opinion on the matter. Sure ill open it back up.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZiGZaG said:

It wasnt 'a way to get my way' it was a way to get general public opinion on the matter.

Lies, you'd make a good politician, that is, if you'd consider Trump a good politician...

For future reference, keep polls anonymous... they are more credible that way.

Edited by FReQuEnZy
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Similar Content

    • By Sam-I-am
      Your client might crash sometimes, and you might get an error message whenever you try to host/join a game.
      It happened to me, so I figured out a way to fix it, and I thought it may help you as well, in case you experience the same thing.
      Just go to "RA2\Client" (where your game is installed) and delete these files:
      "friend_list", "ignore_list", "recent_list" (the client would create new ones).
      They could get messed up, which would prevent you from playing.
      If you really care about these lists, you can copy them to another location.
      Deleting only one or two of them might solve the issue, so you can try that (Quit, delete, restart and test, one by one), but for a guaranteed quick fix, delete them all at once.
      That would wipe out your lists.
      To restore them, you can either edit them the old-fashioned way (copying info from the old files to the new empty ones), or make new lists from within the client, as you'd do normally.
      Good luck! 🙂
    • By Sam-I-am
      Good day, everybody! 🙂

      There's a necessary feature that must be included, which is to link the nickname to the player's ID, so that your friends would still be on your "Friend List" even if they change their nicknames.
      As of now, that is not the case, so any change to your friends' nicknames would make it seem like they've gone offline, even if their nicks just got an automatic underscore for a short disconnection. So you'd have to re-add every friend whenever they use a different nickname! or else they won't show up as "online" on your list, which makes it useless.
      You wouldn't even know whether that's your real friend or someone else using the same nick!
      It's ridiculous to have an imposter on your "Friend List" 😀
    • By Sam-I-am
      Hi, everyone.

      When a host selects a map, other players in the room are asked to download it to be able to see and play it, if they don't already have it, and often times, undecided hosts keep picking different maps to preview them before selecting one.
      So, players are left with 2 not very good options. Either to download the maps that the host picks, cluttering their clients with so many unnecessary maps that they probably would never play, OR to not download the maps, and not be able to preview or play them either.
      You can download, but you can't delete!
      This is especially irritating with cheat-maps; fake maps which look totally identical to original ones (same pic, title, everything) but with unfair edits.
      You can't easily tell which one is which, and even if you can, you won't be able to get rid of the fake ones, and you may also "distribute" it to others, unknowingly.
      My suggestion is to add two useful options which were available back in the day in the original client:
      1- Enable players to preview the map before downloading it (makes sense).
      2- Add a "Delete" button which would make it much easier to remove clutter maps, with the ability to multi-select them (Ctrl + Select) & (Ctrl A + Unselect) to delete all but the ones unselected.
      You can also add a "Select" button, so that just clicking the map would only preview it, and not require others to download it until the host decides to "Select" it.
      I only play a few maps (about 10), but I have over 1,000 maps which I don't want, and the only way to delete them is by going to the game files, and it's not that easy either, because map names are encrypted, so I don't know which ones to delete and which to keep.
      I'm really surprised that the "Delete" button is not yet available.
      The client's been created about 6 years ago. This is a key feature, and it's relatively simple to add, compared to the many less-important features that have already been added.
      I'm not complaining. Just expressing my shock 😲😀
    • By KrazySenpai
      Will attach crash Log file to this thread as well.
       
      I've just installed the new update and my client is now crashing. I've uninstalled and re-installed CNC-net. my client opens but after the recent 53MB update it then crashes my client with this error code.
      I would also like to note that I have turned off my antivirus and such to ensure nothing is blocking the program from actually starting and ran it with admin roles.
    • By JihacK
      Hello, I tried to play LAN with my friends then it appear an error and I dont know what to do. Here's the crash log.
      It says "Unable to cast object of type 'DTAClient.Domain.LAN.HostedLANGame' to type 'DTAClient.Domain.Multiplayer.CnCNet.HostedCnCNetGame'."
      ClientCrashLog_2021_12_09_11_40.txt
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...