New TS-DDraw release (Tiberian Sun / Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge)

FunkyFr3sh

5 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

You can do that with TSpatch: https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/2606-tiberian-sun-patches-fix-for-the-windows-8-10-menu-problems-and-more/

It will slow your scroll down, the confg tool in TSpatch wasn't updated with the new TS-DDraw yet but you can get it here already http://downloads.cncnet.org/addons/ts-config.7z

Ah, thank you! I'm assuming I should use the "GDI" mode in TSPatch?

Less options would actually be a nice. The current config tool has so many options, where everybody has to mix them up to find out what works for his system. It would be great if this could be reduced to make it more user friendly.

30 minutes ago, Zjorz said:

Less options would actually be a nice. The current config tool has so many options, where everybody has to mix them up to find out what works for his system. It would be great if this could be reduced to make it more user friendly.

Are you talking about the new one? http://downloads.cncnet.org/addons/ts-config.7z

New one is stripped down and much easier to use. ts-ddraw GDI will become the default setting and it should work out of the box for everyone once done

On 2018/4/21 at 10:48 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

Yes, you can minimize the game with ts-ddraw and there are no issues :D

So if I understood this correctly, for you friend on windows 7 it doesn't work well, the game runs slow? (it lags?)

That‘s true.

On 5/2/2018 at 11:45 AM, FReQuEnZy said:

Yo @FunkyFr3sh is there any way to improve input lag, my mouse cursor feels slightly like a slinky in intense games which causes me to miss some clicks on fast moving targets.

Does that only happen with ts-ddraw?

Updated to 1.1.3.3, there was a bug that could cause the game to freeze sometimes

29 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Does that only happen with ts-ddraw?

Happens with all ddraw wrappers & emulators since Windows 7/Vista. 
Disabling DWM (Desktop Window Manager / Screen compositor) on Vista and 7 with DDRAW emulation made those games very responsive.

Maybe it needs some sort of flag or similar to make Windows desktop compositing stay away? It might be handling it as a simple desktop app right now. I have a similar issue with cnc-ddraw and ts-ddraw.

Maybe WinXP compatibility mode or something can help for the time being.

6 hours ago, Tore said:

Maybe it needs some sort of flag or similar to make Windows desktop compositing stay away? I

Not possible as since Windows 10 desktop compositor is always on and can't be disabled, I've researched the subject as I wanted to switch it off for a nice low latency desktop experience.

15 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Did you guys try the game mode in windows 10 yet? Not sure if it helps, was only reading about it

I did try it, btw it's only compatible with certain games and not all of them.
I had it on automatic to enable when a compatible game is running and I noticed no differences.

I did, however, tweak it's registry settings and noticed a small/slight reduction in input lag and a less volatile frame rate.
Meaning the FPS was less likely to dip to lower numbers and maintained a better average/consistency.

Some step in the emulation/rendering process causes the cursor to become laggy, the best way to make it more noticeable is to try and 'draw'/move the cursor in small 8 shape.
I had this exact same 'lag' on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on two different PCs, including my new Ryzen 8 core/16GB super computer, which was fixed by a recent bios update.

Though in the case of YR & classic C&C titles I'm certain that this is caused by a latency issue in some OS module, which makes me unsure if it's possible to patch it by going around it.

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-release 1.1.3.4

Support for OpenGL and GDI renderers in the same dll.

The renderer will default to OpenGL and fallback to GDI on failure

New options in ddraw.ini - Vsync=(yes|no) and Render=(auto|opengl|gdi)

Fixes more freezing bugs

• 2 weeks later...

Trying out the experimental stretching on TS. While it works during the actual gameplay, it boxes itself into a corner in the main menu and when pausing the game. Cutscenes are A-OK though!

Edited by Dommerik

13 hours ago, Dommerik said:

Trying out the experimental stretching on TS. While it works during the actual gameplay, it boxes itself into a corner in the main menu and when pausing the game. Cutscenes are A-OK though!

Yeah that wasn't finished yet, there is no good solution for the menus yet

On TS-DDraw 1.1.3.5 in Tiberian Sun. All is good except the ingame menus that are really flashy when navigating between them.

Also the new TSConfigFull.exe is straight-up missing a lot of features, including the renderer choice.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

• 3 weeks later...

Great thanks to your fantastic work.Really wanna know which is the best render up to now. GDI or Opengl?Why are the sizes of Opengl different  between the github and the released version in CnCNet?79kb and 29.5kb?Which one is the latest one?

5 hours ago, Jackige said:

Great thanks to your fantastic work.Really wanna know which is the best render up to now. GDI or Opengl?Why are the sizes of Opengl different  between the github and the released version in CnCNet?79kb and 29.5kb?Which one is the latest one?

If OpenGL works fine for you then it should be better (in most cases), if you have issues with it then try GDI instead.

79kb one is the Visual Studio OpenGL build with static linking (compiled by me),

125kb one is the Visual Studio GDI build with static linking (compiled by me),

29.5kb one is the GCC GDI+OpenGL build with dynamic linking (compiled by dkeeton).

Latest one is the one on github, it actually has both OpenGL and GDI in 1 file. It has a bug with the radar though, so you might need to wait for the next release and just keep using the older ones for now.

• 2 weeks later...