Who is the best player ever?

Kikematamitos

Can be great to see a video of him, yes, with face-cam and his dialog, a true pro player with hi APM is just amazing see videos like this one but i can't find a video of Ra2, also who is or was the best player ever? in AoE3 was _H2O and we are agree in that community about that, in this community, who is the best ever were all are agree? 

I know that i start to late in this game, i never see the Westwood days or XWISS so don't know about tournaments, maybe is because YT is after RA2 we don't have that materials. 

Edited by Kikematamitos

Probably Marko with his list of credentials.

Tomislav, moon3 are popular choices as well.

Then you have Latof, Sash, w0nnapl4y, and a number of others as the next very close tier that just don't have as much longevity perhaps as Tomi or Marko. Moon3 gets the recognition for being the chinese god, but admittedly, I can't speak much more of him other then he dominated players when he played against our guys. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kikematamitos said:

Do you have a different list? 

No because "the best player ever" doesn't exist, I could name a bunch of good active players, but that would be off topic.

Edited by Lud0wig

there is no best player ever . but there is the best players of all time .

this players were mostly dominating XWIS and it's RA2 and YR ladders .

i don't really know much about them or how unstopable they were .

and for me i think players like : latof , marko ,moon3 are the best maybe of all time 

• Thanks 1

Marko has faced every single challenge thrown his way and has consistently been on top. I don't think it's fair at this point to say the best player in Ra2/YR is not Marko. The only real competition he has is Tomislav as he did what Marko did in the first part of Ra2/Yr's life cycle. Tomi has the case that he did it when 100,000's played the game, but Marko has the case that he did it when the players perfected the game. 

To me, those 2 players are the only ones you can call the best ever. (Again, with some consideration available for moon3, but such an unknown entity that he can't be put on my list). 

Edited by XXxPrePxX
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

In my opinion, there are different "best players" in different eras of this game. In the WOL time there was a lot of good players. After that Tomislav constantly dominated the ladder. Then Marko came up and some other. Also you have to recognize the improvement in the skill level on the top -> a good demonstration for this was the hard comeback of tomi. He came back and developed again to a top player, but didn't reached no1 again i guess (XWIS).

On the other hand, you have to recognize the skill level. I guess, the top 10 skilled players nowaydays could easily win the ladder back in 2007. Because the skill-peak moved very slowly but constantly forward. Suprisingly was moon3, who shifted this extremy high peak (Marko, Latof, Matt, Marsh etc.) again forward to a new level. He demonstrated this by dominating the TOP-XWIS player in the past years. This was very impressiv in my long career, even though i was usually a yuri-player and rarely on ra2.

Also the difference between ra2 and yr should be recognized related to the top-skilled players, even though the difference is not big.

Finally, i would say... we had different eras of skill-peaks and different eras of astonishing players. For my personal decession, Tomi was owning the scene where the attention to this game was not at the bottom and the competition was relatively high. Also the extend of his domination was astonishing, even though i hate his very childish personality. On the other hand, the overall-skill of Marko and some others players demonstrated that the game, respectively the skill level is not frozen.

At the end: The best Player over the last 17 years was clearly ZigZag - Noone moves tanks more sexy than him. Maybe he would probably train me again when i have some time for yr on cncnet ;)  (sandoo)

Edited by reflexion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

No best ever cuz it depends on the settings and if you include 2v2 in the equation.

Moon3 won with their maps, SW always on, and alt/engi allowed. Totally diff than what xwis players were used to. Never saw how he would do with other settings/rules. 

Tomi might have a lot of ranks but he also has bailed a lot. Can argue there's a difference between being good at getting a lot of points and being able to actually slap everyone. He also sucked with allies and at 2v2. To get Tomi to 2v2 me when he was in Sexy I had to d/c my nick in Lobby so it would freeze, log on another nick and have my m8 tell him that he got a new m8. Then we won 5-0. Plenty of other situations like that w/ Tomi as well. That's the best ever? 

I don't think Marko is the best at any one thing but he's good at everything. I personally found Latof harder 1v1 and 2v2. Marko prob has the edge If SW is on and if there is a larger map pool. Would go with Latof for sure if SW is off or if there's a lot of maps like heck/caverns where you can split a lot and still easily defend. 

None of this is debatable so get off youtube thinking you guys know what's up. TOPIC CLOSED

Edited by VWWWWWWWWWWW
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

No best ever cuz it depends on the settings and if you include 2v2 in the equation.

Moon3 won with their maps, SW always on, and alt/engi allowed. Totally diff than what xwis players were used to. Never saw how he would do with other settings/rules. 

Tomi might have a lot of ranks but he also has bailed a lot. Can argue there's a difference between being good at getting a lot of points and being able to actually slap everyone. He also sucked with allies and at 2v2. To get Tomi to 2v2 me when he was in Sexy I had to d/c my nick in Lobby so it would freeze, log on another nick and have my m8 tell him that he got a new m8. Then we won 5-0. Plenty of other situations like that w/ Tomi as well. That's the best ever? 

I don't think Marko is the best at any one thing but he's good at everything. I personally found Latof harder 1v1 and 2v2. Marko prob has the edge If SW is on and if there is a larger map pool. Would go with Latof for sure if SW is off or if there's a lot of maps like heck/caverns where you can split a lot and still easily defend. 

None of this is debatable so get off youtube thinking you guys know what's up. TOPIC CLOSED

Well that happen when somebody are in love X rules, i think a skilled match need be played always with SW because my common sense say they gone a camp a lot. 

The problem with the “top ten skilled players nowadays could win the ladder back in 2007”, is all the top players are virtually the same from my understanding (Marko latof etc..). Barring a few who don’t play who I would argue are/were in a top tier league like Tim koning. The problem with  best ever is you have to look at consistency, there were plenty of one and dones who got very skilled and then quit when they were on top. It’s all about eras, I’ve played in 2006-08 2010-12 and Some on cnc net and I’ve played with the top players from all those eras (clanned with mason Adam latof Tim etc..) and have played against people like marko a lot so I understand their skill level. Consistency is the key, I can only bring up the people I hated playing against as the best ever because you know to win you would have to be on point. I was usually a high ranked clanner but was a top ten qmer for a bit, I’ll give you the hardest people I ever faced that I can remember in no order. Sunny +maphack, N44bj, Marko, Latof, Tomi, , Adam from ra2. I’m sure there were others, but 1v1ing these names pop out and are probably the only ones that are relevant today. 2v2s are a whole other story, and this is limited to yr, if u say ra2, then u start getting into people like   sammo, that’s my 2 cents

Edited by a1nthony
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, reflexion said:

At the end: The best Player over the last 17 years was clearly ZigZag - Noone moves tanks more sexy than him. Maybe he would probably train me again when i have some time for yr on cncnet ;)  (sandoo)

? woohoo i got a vote! Anytime! Get on for games sometime ?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

I did come to YR for a bit around 06/07 slapped all your YR 2v2 heroes silly and you became an annoying fanboy, begging me to 2v2 with you. 

Zhasulan looks amazing for me but i not see videos of other players playing like that looks superior to moon3 for me. 

• Thanks 1