CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterMind

[map editing] MESSAGE WHILE INGAME

Hey all, a question for all the map makers!!

While i was editing my custom map, i thought would be nice if a message at the start welcomes the players, as i saw many maps with this add (such as L.A.Z. Top vs Button and many others)

Problem is i dont know how to do it!

Hope someone can help me!!

greetings

Forgot to mention im talking about RA2 Yuris revenge! :)

Not sure if this is the same as in TS, but with TS maps you add your text under [Tutorial] 1=welcome to my map. 2=destroy enemy. Etc. U can insert that under ini editing in final alert or just add it in map file. Then use any event as a trigger event and trigger action 11 and parameter your text #. But thats for TS/final sun. not sure its the same for ra2 but i doubt its much different

Edited by Holland

RA2 is different indeed. Messages are read from a string table file, which can be edited by XCC mixer. but there is a general problem: there is only one string table file in the game, so you have to edit the whole thing and add it to your map to make it work. I don't know if the [Tutorial] thing still works, but I never saw it in any mission.

Fow who wants to know how i did it:

open Final alert > file > trigger editor 

New trigger, new event (choose 13 Elapsed Time...), New action (choose 11 Text Trigger...), and finally in parametric value u write the message

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By OF_
      Hi guys. I am playing with my friends and some of them don’t see the little map top right. Is it related with maps that I made on Final Alert? Can you help me

• By Banjoman
      I've just installed Yuri's Revenge from origins and then CNC to play online. Everytime I join a match, whenever the host starts the game my computer will act like it's doing something and then bring me right back to the match screen and say I "returned from the game". Anyone have a fix for this?

• By Ra2yrlover
      This is not so much of a question or asking for support as it is thanking the people on here for the advice regarding me posting something about having it on Windows 7 a laptop that was almost dead nothing was working everything failed I was so upset and disappointed that I could no longer play yuris revenge I've successfully managed to install it through a third party service namely a friend of mine that's battered my laptop and switched everything around and it now works with a full charge in half an hour completed I cannot wait to start playing yuris revenge!!! this is going to be amazing thank you all for your help and advice I look forward to continuing with the service I don't know if it's going to happen but if it load properly check out my old laptop

• By LegoLast99
      Hi Everyone,
      Please help me find out, why my device in CnC can't launch the game.
      There is no problem till I got into the skirmish / online option.
      Then after I manage for the maps etc, I can't launch the game.
      Any idea?
      Thanks!
    • By Abubakar
      when we creat game on lan whenever other person tries to join it his client crashes.it displays the following error give below in ss.