Red Alert 2 Videos

ExcaliburTg

• Oil Derricks vs Miners - How many oil derricks are equivalent to just one miner?
  • Dog (stopped) vs dog (in guard mode) vs dog (in attack-move) - Is there any difference?
  • RA2/YR units vs other C&C units? (I think there's a mod out there somewhere for this)
  • Upvote 1

On 6/27/2018 at 7:45 AM, ExcaliburTg said:

@fir3w0rxBtw, I made a simple comparison to your first suggestion "Oil Derricks vs Miners"!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKDpvmRyyaU

:D Cool.

Ah... so, by the end of this experiment, at around 2:10 :

• 1 oil derrick = 1/3 of a Chrono Miner (harvesting ore)
  • 2 oil derricks = 2/3 of a Chrono Miner (harvesting ore)

Not exactly of course but more or less, and also keep in mind that I deducted the initial cash boost given to the player after capturing each oil derrick (-$1000 for 1 derrick, -$2000 for 2 derricks).

In conclusion, going by the above two observations;:

• 3 oil derricks = 3/3 of a Chrono Miner (harvesting ore)

Or in other words; 1 Chrono Miner harvests the equivalent amount of ore that 3 oil derricks generate.

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2018 at 6:21 PM, Milkey Wilkey said:

Man, thank you for your videos, they only proof that many of us don't really knows how anything works.

if you don't mind, I'll add some topics obscure enough to investigate, if you want:

-how much damage deals terrorists compared to demolishion trucks? terrorists packed in the flack track? ivan bombed conscripts packed in flack track? ivan bombed terrorists packed in flack track? ivan bombed demolition trucks?

-radiational damage from multiple desolators

Or Demolition Trucks in countless rally pointed Amphibious Transports. I've seen that & Tanya spamming in one Red Alert 2 game, by a pro player at my local LAN café. ?

Edited by laserbeak

On 5/28/2018 at 7:16 PM, heldro said:

if you going to do this pls also test ivan&terrorist in ifv, bombed and unbombed. i think @FReQuEnZy once claimed bombed ivan/terrorist ifv does more damage as unbombed ivan/terrorist ifv, but i dont believe that.

Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaMFqonGIUA&t=

It doesn't deal any extra damage as it seems.

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2018 at 4:55 AM, ExcaliburTg said:

Next Video will be about Terror Drones! If there's anything specific you would like to see let me know!

Can you do a video comparing

• no miners, just tanks straight away
  • 1 miner then tanks
  • 2 miners then tanks
  • 3 miners then tanks
  • 1 tank then miner (some people cancel their tanks then make miners as soon as they realize the enemy made miners first)

I've always wanted to know how many tanks each scenario would produce after, say, 5 minutes? Preferably mining only ore, no gems or oil derricks.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 5:44 PM, fir3w0rx said:

• no miners, just tanks straight away 
  • 1 miner then tanks 
  • 2 miners then tanks
  • 3 miners then tanks
  • 1 tank then miner (some people cancel their tanks then make miners as soon as they realize the enemy made miners first)

Hey,

The video is ready:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Hw7kcTlnU&feature=youtu.be

It was a bit harder than I though. There are quite a few factors to take into account but I hope I can cover you with this one.

You can see the final results at the end of the video.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ExcaliburTg said:

Hey,

The video is ready:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Hw7kcTlnU&feature=youtu.be

It was a bit harder than I though. There are quite a few factors to take into account but I hope I can cover you with this one.

You can see the final results at the end of the video.

Awesome!

While there are many other factors, I think you've covered the core of my query. So 1 extra miner, at the 4 minute mark, gives you 18 tanks but with NO money, while 1 tank THEN 1 extra miner also gives you 18 tanks but with $1000??? Very interesting results. Although I think making 2 extra miners gives the best outcome though. 3 banks up too much money but not enough tanks.

• Upvote 1

Hey dunno I've that belong's here but I didn't want to open a new Thread.

I play the RA2 Campaign at 1280x720. I also set the "Strechvideo" Option in the INI File to "yes". But it didn't do the Job... How can I stretch the Vid's to the GameRes? TiA

P.S. I'am Training hard after Work lately to compete with your Guy's at YR. SO, be prepared... ;)

On 12/3/2018 at 4:30 AM, fir3w0rx said:

Awesome!

While there are many other factors, I think you've covered the core of my query. So 1 extra miner, at the 4 minute mark, gives you 18 tanks but with NO money, while 1 tank THEN 1 extra miner also gives you 18 tanks but with $1000??? Very interesting results. Although I think making 2 extra miners gives the best outcome though. 3 banks up too much money but not enough tanks.

Just a note, a few extra seconds could change everything. Three extra miners at 4 minutes and 20 seconds finished with 17 tanks and 5000 extra resources!

On 12/4/2018 at 10:51 PM, buckfush said:

Hey dunno I've that belong's here but I didn't want to open a new Thread.

I play the RA2 Campaign at 1280x720. I also set the "Strechvideo" Option in the INI File to "yes". But it didn't do the Job... How can I stretch the Vid's to the GameRes? TiA

P.S. I'am Training hard after Work lately to compete with your Guy's at YR. SO, be prepared... ;)

You need to download a new launcher. Those guys here will help you more!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...