Jason/zigzag

Chandler

Super sad to see this. Although I did not know zigzag personally I ran into him a lot during games on YR and he always kicked ass. Definitely going to miss seeing him in the lobby and hoping we get matched on the same team. RIP to an amazing player and person. 

Edited by florida

Let me share my one story I have of ZigZag...

He was one of the first people I played, when I started playing online a little over a year ago. Needless to say he beat me easily, like most people did back then, but he was different than the others. He didn't call me a noob like most people did. He asked me if I was new, when I said I was, he complimented me that I played decently for a new player and gave me some tips & encouragement to continue. I probably wouldn't be playing right now if weren't for him. I don't think I ever played him after that but his kindness that first game will stay with me! RIP Zig! Sad to see you go...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what should i say... -sandoo here

I was not very active in the last year.I feel ashamed that i missed this SHIT. Let me find some words... Im playing now yuris revenge since 2002, i was in several communities active... especially in the german community until 2007. After that i breaked with yuri because of personal career. I came back in 2014 on XWIS and changed to cncnet. I remember people like chandler and ZigZag... We had nice games... he and also chandler are people who are grown up with this game. We had fun. We had awesome games. We talked serious... we made jokes

1 Month and a Half ago i promised him to come back when im not so stressed anymore... and now? and now? People like him and chandler are the reason why i played the game again. Really, im not the typical gamer, i only played this game online. But with such people you have fun away from daily business... He was a man which I would like to met in reality, drink some beer and have a nice day, apart of this cool old game.

Im running out of words... Typically, i have a certain distance to online gamers in case of my business life, but this disaster hurt me. I feel so bad that i wasn't often online in the last year and didnt enjoyed more games with this awesome person...

Really, this is so bad and really unfair. After this week i have holidays and i wanted to start playing again on cncnet... playing games with this cool guy and talk some funny things... Honestly, this sad message changes my desire for this game... 

Jason, im sorry that i had never the chance to drink some beer with you, apart of yuris revenge...

R.I.P

sandoo

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Very sad for Zig and all his family. he is come from 88 as me. Was almost at 30. Can't believe it.

We shared lot of games, i know since he started played Yuri,  and we shared lot of games; especially in 2v2 Clan match.

He played for Om3rta if i remember good ! So Atleast since 2005, can't remember if he played before, especially when the forum strike-team.net popped up; so before XWIS Forum. And he won the ClanMatch ladder. From the sky he could be proud about this. In the old time, the competition was very very hard! And to win this means a very good players; very good teamplayers...

I was looking for some old good post in XWIS forum; can't find it. I don't know if he had others nicks; Maybe @Chandler you knew his old nick ?  the most older post in XWIS forum are from 2003.

Every time i went back on yuri, for some months, maybe every 3/4 years, the first that i recognized, with still good skill was him.

And it's very sad to know that he left us. He was one of the rare with the "memory of Yuri".

We thought same things about Yuri's Revenge, especially when some question was asked there "Which map ? Yuri on or Off ? Sw on or off ?"; some people were complaining/did not understand why he was thinking like this, he thought right because he knew the meta game better than no-one here.

He remembered me as a fair player; i can tell that i remember him as the best regular good player of the game and the fairest player. No bail. No whine. Just playing; playing that's all. Time passed: but in 2005; or just some month ago, he was still playing for Top10 / 20.

Jason, if from the sky you still follow us here; i wish you the best in the other life ! And when i'll join you there, we will meet in front to share a drink, and i'll challenge you ! My Yuri; your Sov :)

RIP man.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LeOwNzAll said:

I was looking for some old good post in XWIS forum; can't find it. I don't know if he had others nicks; Maybe @Chandler you knew his old nick ?  

i think Freedom was one of his nicknames on XWIS . 

ZiGZaG was truly one of nicest people I've ever played with or met online. A real big brother to everyone he knew.

He was kind, polite, a role model and a very good team-player. The kinda guy who carries the whole team :D

Never bullied people like most other players do, especially easy ones or "noobs" as they call them, instead he worked with them to improve their skills, which is something everyone should learn from.

A true gentleman.

Edited by Sam-I-am

That first game we played i remember my friend said: ZigZag, he is one of the bests. Always reply and help me in any situation, no matter was that about game or not. When Zig joins room u know there will be ggs. Was great experience playing with him. We lost friend, u r one of the bests. RIP

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For me KillerGR , the first i know him is in in server GameRanger. i have been learn more skill to play about this Yuri and Ra2

i used to vs him more game... but he always win me 85% i always lost him 

miss him too, i am very sorrow that saw news like this RIP

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I read a post of Jason/ZiGZaG and i remember that i offer my help to teach him what i know about record gameplays and streaming, so we talk a little bit of that in Skype i want to share that conversations with the community because that was the last words he write to me, i attached the file and you can open in browser. 

Jason-Smith-111764.7z

• Upvote 1