Jump to content

CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MapDesigner

infantry units are too underpowered compared to tanks!

Recommended Posts

Hello guys,

 

so I just played vs 3 brutal AI. I challenged myself to only build soviet infantry units. it seems like tesla troopers and conscript as well as all infatry in general are too underpowered. I think they need some sort of buffs. maybe they should be cheaper or something, dont you agree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conscipts being cheaper? Those guys are well-armored for $100, easy to mass espeicially with cloning vats, excellent cannon fodders and reach elite rank easily. 

Tesla troopers maybe need a change.

There are infantry that are not underpowered for their price. Guardian GIs, Chrono Commandos, Navy SEALs and Desolators are pretty useful.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ore_truck said:

Conscipts being cheaper? Those guys are well-armored for $100, easy to mass espeicially with cloning vats, excellent cannon fodders and reach elite rank easily. 

Tesla troopers maybe need a change.

There are infantry that are not underpowered for their price. Guardian GIs, Chrono Commandos, Navy SEALs and Desolators are pretty useful.

but I usually only see ppl build tanks instead of the soviet infantry. maybe they need to walk faster :S

 

or maybe they just need to be massed more easily with clicks.

 

but I dont think that,

 

I can easily raze a full base with 30-ish tanks, but with infantry even 100+ and they still die.

 

 

hmmmm, maybe its the weakness against walls 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be careful guys! Here you are discussing the ideas of thousands useless mods have been started.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want them to be more useful 😐

 

they just seem most useless and everyone can win withough building a single one.

 

it feels like engineers are the only useful and the super guys (tania boris  yoris seals and crono man)

Edited by MapDesigner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MapDesigner said:

they just seem most useless and everyone can win withough building a single one.

1

Every infantry has some use.

Conscripts

  • Great cannon fodder.
  • Good against prism towers when combined with rhino tanks.


Tesla troopers 

  • Good combination with rhino tanks when holding choke points.
  • Good combination to power up a Tesla coil to defend against advancing Battle Fortresses & Master Minds.

 

Flak Troopers

  • Cost efficient counter to 1-2 roceteers especially when building a proxy barracks is more efficient than making a flak track/cannon.

 

Desolator

  • A powerful area defence unit when deployed or as an offensive unit when combined with flak tracks into "deso-bombs".
  • A highly tactical area/map control unit.

 

Ivan

  • Excellent for rushes and taking out key tech or production structures.
  • Can place bombs on other units for explosive area effect.

 

These are just a few, you just gotta play ranked games and see how the top players play, check out their streams and you'll see.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MapDesigner said:

I can easily raze a full base with 30-ish tanks, but with infantry even 100+ and they still die.

 

Who would attack an enemy base with infantry only (no tanks) and expect it to be a success?

9 hours ago, MapDesigner said:

or maybe they just need to be massed more easily with clicks.

 

but why?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ore_truck said:

Who would attack an enemy base with infantry only (no tanks) and expect it to be a success?

Why would barracks be the first production building? If the game was meant to be tanks only then why barracks first? Shouldn't they have just made the war factory available from the start?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

Be careful guys! Here you are discussing the ideas of thousands useless mods have been started.

+1

 

18 hours ago, MapDesigner said:

Hello guys,

 

so I just played vs 3 brutal AI. I challenged myself to only build soviet infantry units. it seems like tesla troopers and conscript as well as all infatry in general are too underpowered. I think they need some sort of buffs. maybe they should be cheaper or something, dont you agree?

I think your problem was that you didn't train enough infantry ^^

On a serious note, play QM or against others online, or do the campaign, you'll have a better view of what to use, how and when.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lud0wig said:

 

I think your problem was that you didn't train enough infantry ^^

yes that may well be 

 

but I can only maximum click 30 units queued for  training :(

 

maybe thats enough for tanks but surely not for infantry :S

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ore_truck said:

Who would attack an enemy base with infantry only (no tanks) and expect it to be a success?

but why?

becuz only 30 tesla trooper isnt enough for anything.

same with conscript. if he was meant to be massed then we need 1 click gives 10 conscripts or something.

Edited by MapDesigner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2018 at 1:47 AM, MapDesigner said:

so I just played vs 3 brutal AI. I challenged myself to only build soviet infantry units. it seems like tesla troopers and conscript as well as all infatry in general are too underpowered. I think they need some sort of buffs. maybe they should be cheaper or something, dont you agree?

Next time throw some engineers in the mix :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MapDesigner said:

becuz only 30 tesla trooper isnt enough for anything.

 

"Do you enjoy watching your men glow in the dark? Build more then!" 

9 hours ago, MapDesigner said:

 same with conscript. if he was meant to be massed then we need 1 click gives 10 conscripts or something.

We don't need it. You just want it. But still a good feature though if we could mass them easier - but still not really needed.

18 hours ago, dkeeton said:

Why would barracks be the first production building? If the game was meant to be tanks only then why barracks first? Shouldn't they have just made the war factory available from the start?

 

Infantry are useful for early and late stages of the game. They are good at early rushes, defense, cannon fodders, support, etc. The game was never meant to be tanks only. Making war factory available early would mean infantry would be less useful.

But why would a war factory needed if we could just win the game using only conscripts and tesla troopers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

Next time throw some engineers in the mix :D

That will be unfair for the AI xD

1 hour ago, ore_truck said:

"Do you enjoy watching your men glow in the dark? Build more then!" 

I think I will just install a mouse clicker before next game LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the inf balance on tiberian sun is much better. You have proper in battles on there because tanks are slower and therefore dont have the mobility and crusher edge over inf. Also, as build speeds are slower you need them to counter other inf rushes earlier on.

 

They tried to make inf better in RA2 by giving most structures low armor so GI's in particular can shred bases whereas in TS inf are actually useful in combat even vs vehicles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Infantry in YR are better. Iniates in buildings are awesome, Guardian GI vs tanks no contest (tanks lose) when bunked in mass, Yuri brute vs a tank goodbye tank. Then of yuri clones --> to grinder. so just need the right combo and of cause desos in mass own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The infantry seem alright. Civilian garrisons provide more usefulness for standard infantry, anti-tank classes are uncrushable and how each faction have unique infantry arsenal like Soviets are meant to win by massing units, so the conscript are easier to mass and make better meat shields plus they got the cloning vats in RA2, Allies are portrayed like modern warfare military so they have better spec ops commando and infiltration units while the psycho weirdo yuri has his own whacko infantry classes for his whacky tactics.

I like how Red Alert 2 infantry have different types like the low tier ones are meant to be en massed (basic infantry, flak troopers, rocketeers, guardian GIs, etc), special purpose unit (engineer, spy, yuri, sniper) and special forces (infantry not meant to be massed but can be powerful in low numbers if the enemy base is left undefended like Navy SEALs, Tanya, chrono legionaire, etc). 

It's how you pick the right time and right type of infantry unit to see how useful they are. For example, you don't send the massed lower tier in late game when the enemy has lots of snipers,desolators,virus, prism tanks, etc. You don't need special purpose infantry if there are no tech buildings to capture or bridges to destroy. You don't deploy commando units if the enemy is expecting one and had anti-infantry defenses littered in his base.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2018 at 9:53 PM, MapDesigner said:

I think I will just install a mouse clicker before next game LOL

*Sips coffee*

Mmm, yes. This is quite the taste. Carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ferret said:

*Sips coffee*

Mmm, yes. This is quite the taste. Carry on.

it didnt work when I launched the game :(
only in desktop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, FReQuEnZy said:

Every infantry has some use.

Conscripts

  • Great cannon fodder. (Extra Small map they are op in bunkers)
  • Good against prism towers when combined with rhino tanks. (Yes because prisma towers are bad vs infantry than tesla coil) 


Tesla troopers 

  • Good combination with rhino tanks when holding choke points. 
  • Good combination to power up a Tesla coil to defend against advancing Battle Fortresses & Master Minds. 

 

Flak Troopers

  • Cost efficient counter to 1-2 roceteers especially when building a proxy barracks is more efficient than making a flak track/cannon. (Why the fuck they need a radar? some allies players force you tu make a flack track in early game.) 

 

Desolator

  • A powerful area defence unit when deployed or as an offensive unit when combined with flak tracks into "deso-bombs".
  • A highly tactical area/map control unit. (Best infantry in game ever) 

 

Ivan

  • Excellent for rushes and taking out key tech or production structures.
  • Can place bombs on other units for explosive area effect.

 

These are just a few, you just gotta play ranked games and see how the top players play, check out their streams and you'll see.

:up:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make all infantires uncrushable and decrease tank speeds a bit that's what I could suggest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2018 at 2:09 PM, Reano said:

Infantry in YR are better. Iniates in buildings are awesome, Guardian GI vs tanks no contest (tanks lose) when bunked in mass, Yuri brute vs a tank goodbye tank. Then of yuri clones --> to grinder. so just need the right combo and of cause desos in mass own

Yup And the best Infantry in YR Are! YURI BRUTES! As i spam Tons of Yuri Brutes! vs Everything that i encounter! Because yuri brutes are an amazing unit! To spam in YR! And if the yuri player. Loads into a match Then That yuri player SHOULD SPAM 3000 YURI BRUTES! to win! As true Yuri Brute spammers. Always win games at YR. As yuri brutes are Extremely Overpowered! aswell ❤️ And with a cloning vats One can spam more of them too! ❤️ :3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...