Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

Guest Copper

Hey Allen, I need some help too.

I have posted a question in Mapping Help about the Patrol to waypoint command, perhaps you could check it out?

Jacko

Read that too.

brandonvortex

Map with that start with CMU and end with .ini are not read by RAED. Also maps over the standard 8x3 will cause an error.

Copper

One thing to remember is that the RA95.exe can only run so fast. This was seen when Funky tried to double the number of units that could be built for multiplayer games. The game would lag up even on new systems.

Guest Copper

Thanks for the reply, Allen.

Strange, though, with the methods I described above RAED opens such files just fine for me.  O_o

Make sure the file name is using only 8 characters long not including the .ini/.mpr. RAED will only read .inis that start with SCA, SCG, SCU, *the following are multiplayer* SCM, SCMD,SCME, SCMF, SCMG, SCMI, SCMJ, SCMK, SCML and SCMM. RAED will read any .mpr as long as the file name 8 characters long not including the .mpr. RAED will NOT read any .mpr put into a mix file.

You going to have to go to the Red Dawn folder *default install is C:\WESTWOOD\RedDawn 2013 * and find your map. Than change the frile name or file extension.

Guest Copper

Brandonvortex, I really think you should examine the Red Alert Mission Creation Guide. You can find it in the Guides section of the site.

Also check out some of the stock missions, it's a good way to learn.

Allen, I still can open maps such as, say, cmu201ea.ini, in RAED directly, as I described above. Any idea why this happens to me and not to you?

Guest Copper

Um, this is awkward. I saw it fitting to say this here...

You see, change of priorities and other reasons will keep me from participating in the forums in the future. I'm even deleting my account, since I won't be using it.

So, um, goodbye.

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is amazing!

I really enjoy playing the classic C&C missions. Is it possible include all of the videos for the classic campaign missions? I noticed that only a handful of them play when beginning and ending a mission. Or am I just missing something?

Not missing any thing. I only put a handfull of briefing videos that were usable with the stock RA1 missions. I did this since videos are huge file to download and I don't want to replace C&C 95 as Nyerguds has put lots of work into improving C&C 95.

• 1 month later...

Something I didn't plan since text editing 80+ missions is not fun but I may do it.

Come now. That's what regex search & replace is for :P

I can probably do that with about 5 minutes messing around to make the regex, and then a single click :D

Come now. That's what regex search & replace is for :P

I can probably do that with about 5 minutes messing around to make the regex, and then a single click :D

I just notepad any text edit.

Would be quicker to write a program which adds/sets the correct INI to every *.ini file with C#.

I'm gonna assume that key doesn't exist, at least for most of them.

Don't worry about it.

The key I need to add to USSR and Badguy is SecondaryColorScheme=

That is not the only key that can be added in a map to a side. There is Color= it effects buildings, MCV, Harv (and units if SecondaryColorScheme= is not applied to the side.) There are others but they are not the important right now.

• 1 month later...

Well I started work on things again. Mostly some simple things. Adding SecondaryColorScheme= to all of the stock RA1 missions. Adding Tschokky Jungle theater in for the remade funpark (Dino) missions. Gathering up half completed things like the Terrain Expansion. http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2620.0 and funpark (Dino) missions.

To the things you can see below. I reworked the Weapons Factoy to fix the exit clipping. This cut the WF to a single smoke stack and ment I had to make a new icon. The Tib Refinery now has 2 silos covering what was open air tiberium pits. Radar logo have been updated. Left is old and new is right. Tschokky Jungle theater during funpark 4. This show the fix secondary color so the MCV and Harverst say the same color as the buildings and aircraft now use the secondary color like in C&C95.

WF.png.8faaae2f5d2abf4afbdb8581052c4f37.png

Radar_Logos.png.922a7e4a1b40a165e18d2371b82d1f50.png

Nod_Color_and_Jung.png.8c92ec656f5de23b3a3fc5c7cac1d25c.png