Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks again for the amazing game.

Although, I have found a small bug, it seems that the tiberium doesn't regenerate on skirmish maps. I haven't checked campaign yet.

If you check, you will see that the tiberium regenerates, but only to the smallest amount of regrowth, (they dont cluster up and turn green like in C&C95).

Also if you try to harvest those very small regrowths, the harvester doesn't even get anything from the small regrowths.

Make sure you have Tiberium Regenerates checked. I just checked both skirmish (RA1 and CnCNet5) and it is working. As for the rest. I can't change the way that the game displays tiberium as it regrows. Both C&C95 and RA1 use 12 frames so things should look the same.

use the "destroyed by anybody" trigger type, and then attach the units to it using the "trigger" section for the unit.

so its destroy building "x" to win, set up the trigger and then have building "x" linked to said trigger

okay i have another questions

when playing the misson how to make a breifing appears?

also how to make a music plays for example when playing a misson theres a random music plays on each misson

also too how to set a faction your play as a starting location for example when playing misson showing the important unit in starting location

This should be split to maping brandonvortex123.

Briefing need [briefing]

[briefing]

1=We have another chance to capture the Chronosphere. Take out the Radar

2=Domes to cut the link between them and the Chronosphere. Then capture it!

You can set the Theme by going to Ini and Basic in RAED. Note I have not edited the Theme names for Red Dawn so it list the RA1 names.

Starting location for single player mission is done by Waypoint 98. Do this in RAED by going to mode than Waypoints. Than place Waypoint 98 where you want it on the map.

im trying to do another mission this time its interior misson

okay i was trying to make this one and when i play the red alert interior misson

the player can shut down power or can make the nuclear reactor into meltdown crisis exposions!

how to do that? how to shut power down on certain item on the interior maps and how to make nuclear reactor to meltdown?

• 1 month later...

something like

<event>

timer set 500

timer start

that should give you a 50 minute timer. Also if you put the trigger type to constant then every time the trigger is set the timer restarts.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the rare event of me actually signing up to a forum I wanted to tell you that what you have created here is fantastic. When games are swapped around like this and you can to play with both elements (i.e C&C stuff with RA missions) I rather enjoy it. I have a few questions:

1. You modified a lot of the Allied missions to be temperate instead of snow. Do you intend to change all of the Soviet missions to desert? I think this would add to the C&C feel if so. Snow missions in the Allied campaign could also be changed to Winter (If its that simple).

2. For 2 of the Allied missions (Missions 1 and 7) you changed them to Tiberian Dawn missions instead. Was there a reason for it?

3. Finally did you alter any of the triggers for activating the nuke countdown timer in mission 10? For me it started counting down from 20 minutes straight away and I had hardly breached their base yet? It's probably my own fault but since the following mission doesn't seem winnable now I may have to start the campaign from the beginning again.  :P

Also in one of the Aftermath missions (Caught In the Act) NOD are still producing grenadiers, wasn't sure if you intended this or not.

Many thanks, enjoying playing through the Red Alert campaign again with a slight twist.

1. I changed the Allied mission as they should start in spring/summer before there was snow on the ground and end in snow covered winter. I don't plan to change the RA1 Campaign Mission's from grass, snow.ect for Nod or GDI. The mission select map shows europe so changing the Nod mission to Desert would be qute odd. The new Theater's Desert, Jungle and Winter will be used for any of the C&C Classic Missions or new Custom Missions.

2.This was done way back before the Iran patch was made. Before the Iran patch you couldn't have the Custom Missions (the Classic C&C and Custom Mission option). Custom Missions box opened Counterstike Missions list and below that was Aftermath Missions that opened Aftermath Missions list. Because I was unable to add new missions at the time I replaced a few of the stock RA1 campaign missions with remakes from Tib Dawn.

3.Not that I can recall. Timer will be started by 1. Attacking any of the Missile Silos. 2. Nod destorys 15 of your buidling. 3. You enter the Missile Silo area. This includes around back and the repair pad with in the Nod Base. 4 You destroy the Nod Con Yard 5. Play the mission for over 90 min.

For "Caught In the Act" that is a bug/choice by WestWood it self. In Red Dawn I swapped Grenadiers and Rocket Soldiers IDs. I had to do this so the Nod AI would build Rocket Soldiers and GDI AI would build Grenadiers for Skimish mode. This ID swap also saved me a ton of time in editing missions as I didn't have to edit every Grenadiers and Rocket Soldiers for all 70+ stock missions. This was something I should have saw and fixed but didn't.

If you play the stock "Caught In the Act" you will see the Soviet AI build Rocket Soldiers for this mission and they shouldn't be able to.

I'm glad you like it!

Seeing your replies they actually make perfect sense. Now that you've highlighted them too me I think it would irritate me that they were fighting in the desert in the UK.

For the mission I think I just took my sweet time - I like building my nice looking bases with about $100000 spent on concrete walls.

Why does the Commando not have a visible ricochet on the ground when he fires? I think this also might have something to do with his inability to shoot the supply truck on Allies 3 which causes the vehicle to move past the explosive barrels. (I'll make this my last question because you would probably grow old and pass away from natural causes before I was done).