Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

Thank you. Worked perfectly. :)

No problem!

Ah, fixed my problem. When I first installed I put it into a copied folder of RA (I wasn't sure if it'd ruin regular RA). 

After I realized it wouldn't damage it, I installed it into the regular directory and it works fine. Cool mod btw, I do like 

the new units too.

Ah.... Yes.  The way Red Dawn is made it won't interfere or ruin normal RA-1 but it needs to be installed into the RA-1 directory. Red Dawn need files from normal RA-1 to run. If you install Red Dawn out side of TFD directory, The installer will give you the RA-1 to CnC95.exe that need CDs.

There is not a lot of new new units. The SSM Launcher and Chemical Warrior were in the Covert Ops add-on from C&C 95. I had to use unit from RA-1 to cut down the amount of map recoding I would have to do.

I did a rename Aftermath units. MAD Tank to EMP Tank. There is an EMP Tank in C&C Tiberian Sun Firestorm although mine is over kill compared to it. The Chemical Tank and the Infantry Fighting Vehicle Light is new.

The Infantry Fighting Vehicle Light, also know as the Egyptian Infantry Fighting Vehicle is a real tank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_Infantry_Fighting_Vehicle

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m113a4-ifvl.htm

Hey, how did you make the IFV?

I was wanting to make a Bradley for my own mod, but didn't know how to make a turreted unit that also carried guys. Well, the editor I had DID allow it... but then I couldn't deploy the men back out again (minor problem... lol).

It hard hardcoded. There are only two ground vehicles that can load and unload infantry. [APC] or [sTNK]. The only vehicle that can load and unload infantry with a turret is the Aftermath Phase Transport [sTNK] that I made it into the Infantry Fighting Vehicle Light.

Hey, how did you make the IFV?

I was wanting to make a Bradley for my own mod, but didn't know how to make a turreted unit that also carried guys. Well, the editor I had DID allow it... but then I couldn't deploy the men back out again (minor problem... lol).

It hard hardcoded. There are only two ground vehicles that can load and unload infantry. [APC] or [sTNK]. The only vehicle that can load and unload infantry with a turret is the Aftermath Phase Transport [sTNK] that I made it into the Infantry Fighting Vehicle Light.

Heh. That's one of the things I fixed in C&C1, at least. You can make any unit an APC there by editing the stats. I removed the extra unit ID check on the Can Load / Can Unload logics without any side effects :)

Heh. That's one of the things I fixed in C&C1, at least. You can make any unit an APC there by editing the stats. I removed the extra unit ID check on the Can Load / Can Unload logics without any side effects :)

Must be nice...

Than again if you put a APC on reinfore trigger with any tanks. It all make the APC unload the the tanks like it a tranport.

Ah, I tried that too, but had issues building it and not having the whole game lock up, lol. I think it had something to do with the name bugging out, or something.

Nice to see it can work though, the two big issues I was having was making the Bradley and the MRLS graphics... I think someones telling me to continue my mod... *eerie silence*

Oh, and Nyer, hurry up and fix it for RA modders as well! :D

Ah, I tried that too, but had issues building it and not having the whole game lock up, lol. I think it had something to do with the name bugging out, or something.

Nice to see it can work though, the two big issues I was having was making the Bradley and the MRLS graphics... I think someones telling me to continue my mod... *eerie silence*

Oh, and Nyer, hurry up and fix it for RA modders as well! :D

You'll get game lock up if you Name= or Image= in the rules.ini. The more Name= or Image= you have in the rules.ini the more likely and faster the game will lock up. Red Dawn uses it own engine and mix files so it has no Name= or Image= in the rule!.ini

You can change the name of just about any thing ingame with a Ingame Strings Editor. Use XCC Mixer and extract the conquer.eng from Expand2.mix. Place conquer.eng into your RA-1 folder. You can use the Ingame Strings Editor to change the name listed in the conquer.eng. The game should read the from the RA-1 folder but I will also mess up Red Dawn's Ingame Strings too.

In the next patch I will fix Red Dawn to read it own conquer.eng to fix the said above problem.

Ingame Strings Editor I used.

Ingame Strings Editor  825.8 kb

Date Added: 01-Apr-2003

Author: Vesa Piittinen 

http://ra.afraid.org/html/downloads/utilities.html

Lol, you made the buggy out of the minelayer... it has a deploy icon if you hover the mouse on it XD

I had to. The only other unit left was the Truck but using it would cause even more problems.

Must be nice...

Than again if you put a APC on reinfore trigger with any tanks. It all make the APC unload the the tanks like it a tranport.

Eh, don't see how that's related. I'm talking about giving DIFFERENT vehicles the transport ability.

My doubt is:

Would that be applied only in mapmaking level (i.e. *.BIN + *.INI) or would it require to edit other files ("mod" level).

I have seen this stats tables somewhere, but could it be done only thru *.INI editing?

Which files would be edit then (and provided to the players)?

The idea is, I'd like to have a ...(misterious unit eheheh)... "delivering a survivor" before being destroyed, if that happen.

Ehhh... I'm talking about the equivalent of editing RA's rules.ini to give a unit the ability to carry passengers. That's always global. It'd take a whole mess of editing to save that kind of stats in savegames, which would be kind of a prerequisite to make it mission specific X_x

At the moment it's not possible yet (through ini editing anyway) because I haven't made the read system for the unit stats yet. Once I do, you can even add new units though. I just wish I could find those bloody turret and firing offset offset lists though. It's all exactly centered at the moment -_-

Once I do, you can even add new units though. I just wish I could find those bloody turret and firing offset offset lists though. It's all exactly centered at the moment -_-

Can You do this for RA-1? I don't like that fact that I had to remove the Mine Layer and make it the Buggy.

@Nyerguds

I'll have to ask him to do that and see if he can give the Helicarrier rotating frames

@Everyone

Anyway, work on Red Dawn is still going on. Most of it is to clean up the and to make the installer easier to read the install instruction. CounterStrike and Aftermath registries to fix Red Dawn for foreigner *Non-English RA-1* users plus instruction for Full RA+ users.

The only work on Red Dawn is for the ingame is use of Mplaye!.ini. Mplaye!.ini is a file that work like the any rules.ini but only works for Aftermath multiplayer. I'm using it to bring back some of the unused things. I'm bring back the Allied Tech Center as the Satlite Center. The Theif is back and the Helicarrier too. These things will be available to Aftermath multiplayer users in the next Red Dawn.

Carrier.png.2fc22738f9f7cad626034c53054dd2d2.png

word of warning, while the heil carrier code works perfectly, the german version of the game contains a crippling graphical bug which will crash the game when this unit is built. (there may be a way around it like if you put the shp of the heil carrier in a mix file and distribute it.

(very nice btw, i look forward to giving this ago)

word of warning, while the heil carrier code works perfectly, the german version of the game contains a crippling graphical bug which will crash the game when this unit is built. (there may be a way around it like if you put the shp of the heil carrier in a mix file and distribute it.

(very nice btw, i look forward to giving this ago)

The heil carrier for Red Dawn will have a new shps. Shown in the pic plus Red Dawn's heil carrier will be packed into a Red Dawn only readable mix file.

Thanks for the heads up thought! and you can get the download link at the 1st page.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP..! I installed the mod but it seems that need Cd to play. I download and instaled the "FullRA+ - RA 3.03 with AM and CS" from the web, and then I Installed the red dawn mod in the same directory of Ra-1. What is the problem? If I run "RA95.exe" it work fine, but if I run the "RA-1 to C&C95.exe" needs Cd. Please some one can help me? Sorry for my english I'm Argentinian.

HELP..! I installed the mod but it seems that need Cd to play. I download and instaled the "FullRA+ - RA 3.03 with AM and CS" from the web, and then I Installed the red dawn mod in the same directory of Ra-1. What is the problem? If I run "RA95.exe" it work fine, but if I run the "RA-1 to C&C95.exe" needs Cd. Please some one can help me? Sorry for my english I'm Argentinian.

I know why and have a patch for Full RA+ users. Here is the link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UD36FN8C

Can't wait! Just finished the campaign and most of the aftermath / counter s. missions.

This is an awesome F'in mod!

I would hope so. I put lots of time into the missions. Oh and did you play the "Ant" missions yet?

hey, can you change the transport to look like the landing craft in CnC1. I know it'd be weird if it was loading stuff side on, or even that they disappear, because it's open topped, and that it'd have no loading animation. Even so, I like it, pretty please? lol

I suspect you've already decided against, but I thought I'd spark some tank on it. BTW, awesome mod.

I decided against since the RA-1 landing craft only uses one frame when moving. As you know it never turns in game. I took a creative license with the C&C1 LCAC. I now have something that could work in RA-1. There is the still ingame frame and load/unload animation.

LST.png.7e1e1e952ce2ff8372e5aa952a86fa64.png

LST_AN.gif.6543327e181919cba95c16591778fab4.gif