CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

I updated the First page with new links. No point of people going through 16 pages to find current links.

Also

“Red Dawn 2013 Installer” Required For Play (110.31 MB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/2445550328/Red%20Dawn%202013%20Installer.exe

Full game with 35 soundtracks from C&C95 and Covert Ops. Terrain Editor (EDWIN) and C&C-RAED v1.26.

“Red Dawn 2012 Videos Installer” Optional. (188.57 MB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/719298526/Red%20Dawn%202013%20Videos%20Installer.exe

Win and Lose movies for all missions plus some briefing.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jacko

Because Buggy was the Mine Layer. I have to use Tracked=yes or the Buggy won't tun to attack anything and tracked unit will crush guys. I know this suck bad for the early GDI C&C Classic missions. I do wish Iran would make the Turret=yes key. This would tell the game that this unit has a turret so I could quit having to use Tracked=yes on the buggy.

uNdeAd

Also edit the Aftermath.ini has has the [TurretGun] listed in it as well.

Yes I'm sure Tracked= key lets tanks crush infantry or even othe units that have Crushable=yes. If I set Tracked=no the unit can't crush infantry and can't turn to attack any thing as the Mine Layer dosn't have a turret.

The only wheeled unit that has weapon is the Jeep/Ranger and it dosn't use the Tracked= key but has turret logic

Because Buggy was the Mine Layer. I have to use Tracked=yes or the Buggy won't tun to attack anything and tracked unit will crush guys.

"the Buggy won't tun to attack anything"

You mean the body or turret? If it's just the body, um, why not just give it a set of turret graphics?

"the Buggy won't turn to attack anything"

You mean the body or turret? If it's just the body, um, why not just give it a set of turret graphics?

the Buggy won't turn to attack anything with out tracked= and giving the .shp a set of turret graphics dosen't give a turret in game to the unit. With Tracked= the whole body turns like the APC when it attacks.

Are you sure the Mine Layer doesn't still crush infantry because it is hard-coded like that? What makes the Jeep/Ranger be able to crush?

Jeep/Ranger dosn't crush. Any unit that dosn't have Tracked=yes can't crush and are assumed to be wheeled by the game. Also ROB posted a crash dump. Can you take a look at it and see if you can what is the cause of the crash he is having?

The Jeep/Ranger and Mine Layer crush logics are hard-coded, the game setups every unit type with a function that takes tons of arguments, one of them is a 'can crush' flag. In the last 30 minutes I made the Ranger/Jeep be able to crush infantry and prevented the Nod Buggy from Red Dawn from doing this (by modifying the minelayer settings).

This instruction is reponsible:

AUTO:0056DD85 050                push    1              ; can crush, push 1 = true

You need to change it to 'push 0'. Note that the 0x0056DD85 address is the in memory address of the instruction, not the address inside the executable. If you're interested in hex editing the EXE to apply this change please tell me so I'll figure out what address in the EXE needs to be changed. If you do that you need to modify every EXE I give you to add this change, so you should find some kind of program which can patch the EXE with this change (and any future ones) automatically.

If ANT1 to ANT3 were able to use more than 8 facings would that allow you to make Red Dawn any better?

I also found out how to enable/disable shroud generator and radar jamming abilities on vehicle units, next to figuring out how to enable/disable crushing.

i could have sworn that tracked= also controlled if the unit could crush but since you can see inside of the game you would know this for sure. ANT1 to ANT3 are fine. I already use them. It took some time to convert the Recon Bike, Flame Tank and Stealth Tank to Ant format.

Let me know if you find any more.

But ANT1 to ANT3 only use 8 facings, not 32. The other vehicles are set up to use 32 facings.

There should be options for vehicles which have their turret on the back of the vehicle (instead of center), an option to enable/disable turret and one for bigger selection bracket. Does any of those interest you?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By GganbuFondue
      Sometimes on Cncnet lobby the Quickmatch room shows 1/2 when it's 0 in the ladder client.
      Sometimes players seem to unready when they are actually ready. (Unconfirmed)
      Sometimes takes long time to connect and connection fails, repeatedly.
      Sometimes (less often) client randomly freezes, crashes, needing to restart or logoff or reinstall to get back in queue.
      Sometimes client has higher chance to work when not logged in to Cncnet lobby.
      Others have also recently noticed ladder acting weirdly like pre-disconnecting games and ladder page giving connection errors.
      Sometimes client works great without problem.
      Ladder when it works is great avenue for 1v1 and potentially helps the dedicated playerbase grow.
      Here's hoping that things can be tweaked and issues solved or improved.
      Whoever develops the ladder thank you for efforts!
    • By sgtmyers88
      Hey guys as I mentioned about a month ago in another post I recently started RA Redux. Using XCC Mixer (yes I got the latest version) I am having issues with the campaign cutscene videos getting corrupted or being a colorful mess during playback. I am extracting as the recommended .avi as I did for the TD videos. Also I cannot seem to find the map layouts for the RA missions and whatnot. I know in the past I used Nyerguds database as a reference which proved invaluable for finishing the TD Redux campaigns. Example: https://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/mappics/n64-testmaps/sct15ea-nomap.png Is there a section for Red Alert that I am somehow missing?
    • By Player
      I don't want my old nicknames to show.
      I deleted the game and the cnc files in "C" and reinstalled the game, but still my problem is not solved.
      What should I do.?
    • By [Spro]Sin
      Air is over powered in red alert 1  
      also anti air is under powered in red alert 1 

This has been a problem for long time but has become more clear too me over time when i changed from being a base builder too a tanker 

In the game red alert 1 we have many maps and 2 main play styles 
      Tanker players and base builder players
      i get straight to the point and explain everything 

air units are by far the best in the game also there the most hated least fun and only take away good games from players 
      air only good for trolling or for being a one trick pony or cheap wins air dumb the game down a lot 

why is air so over what makes it this way 

its because unlike any other units in the game air can go any where on the map fly over any defense and kill any building but army stuck on the land and navy stuck in sea  
      the next thing i need point out is only few units can even defend them self vs air 
      ok sure what about run away wait cant to that air faster too 

how about kill mcv power it only air air units kill a mcv no matter where it is on the map no range limit too air that is are strongest building a tanker player cant rebuild mcv after this 
      ive been on both sides of this many 2v2 games one sided because cheap win or get teamed up on by 2 pros when am trying do right thing but lose because ally trolls 
      3v3 games often turn into 2v3 games for long time because this too 

base builders even they are not safe a few good hotkeys with air and bookmarks and spam that build button u can take out up too 10 mcv at a time 
      full base gets leveled ever 3-5 mins even with huge anti air  all one type building dead mcv or ore ref most the time 

i played few games op air players they built about 300-400 places in 30-50 mins i looked at stats after game 
      also it didnt matter how many sams rocket soldiers i made waves of air can attack with out it mattering how many die they just build x2 more most game aways turn into this mcv death rebuild build sams rocket soldiers 

war tank players out right ban air from there games but air also just op on all maps 
      also tanker base builds dont want because of air 

i was used not mind till too many players used air and how op it is
       but the fact that too many players spam air attack become stuck at this level of play poor play style  don't learn better skills 

u can learn play the game any way u want in your own room this post not shame air players say there not pro 
      there some good players that only play custom mod maps that got good at this am even ok with rigged games as long as the players are open with what they are doing do so in the room they are the host off just playing for fun of it

I want some kind of fix too this air problem 
      The best fix i think is add a button so players can just turn air on or off in room host settings 
      that way the mod maps in red alert 1 that need stats too stay the same will not get messed up by any fix is made 
      another fix just weaken air [by a lot] and make stronger anti air  stronger [by a lot too as well also units need be able fight back vs air not be helpless}
      maybe build build limit be good i also think mod maps hurt less by this kinda change if it was too happen 
      or even range limit 

but a air on or off button be by far the best for everone not doing anything about this me anti air players suffer in a game they don't like and just put up with and the players who aways use air on them 

i just want everone be able play the game how they want too 
      it be so much easyer on everone if we can make it so both sides can have the game how they want it too be played in there rooms best done with settings just asking for no air players don't listen also no way stop them other then ban them from room after game 

players who like air should play with others who like air 
      players who hate air like me should play others of are own kind be able have a clean air free game when is asked of the players 

guys be friendly its ok like air games just dont force it on me 
      just because i don't like air u might or might not like air don't stop us from being friends everone has there point of view 

• By sgtmyers88
      EDIT: The new mod profile is live!

So long time no chat. lol 😀 Since finally completing the story campaigns for Tiberian Dawn Redux a couple years ago I have been repeatedly approached about carrying the mod over into the RA universe with a spinoff. While it's still in the very early stages of development, Red Alert Redux is slowly being brought to life. I haven't decided if it will be a mini-mod type add-on built into TDR (think GDI/Nod vs. Allies/Soviets in skirmish) or a standalone project built off of the renovated C&C Generals SAGE engine TDR is now using. I know a lot of the assets and coding between the original TD and RA games is nearly the same so it would streamline development quite a bit. (looking into the original game files I noticed a lot of the art and audio assets are using the same filenames to confirm this) The biggest hurdles I have will be making a decent naval system, designing, coding, and animating attack dogs and then the Chronosphere stuff. I may also (as I did with TDR) consolidate the unit and structure tech tree and add unit upgrades and special abilities. (e.g. Engineers doubled as Mechanics and APC's doubled as Medics) So who wants Red Alert Redux? And I will say it will not be a 1:1 remake. As I did with TDR I aim to keep as much of the original wacky tech and atmosphere Westwood developed for TD and RA but also have a more realistic spin on it in both appearance and gameplay. I have been considering consulting with the former Cold War Crisis Mod Team and the guys behind Red Alert: A Path Beyond.