Jump to content

CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ShowtimeRa2

Will there be a QM ra2 mode ?

Recommended Posts

Sooner or later they have to make one. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ZAIN said:

Sooner or later they have to make one. 

No they don't... LOL
If you want it, make it yourself, take the initiative.
This is the DIY server not XWIS, where you had to pray to lord saviour Olaf to do something.

Edited by FReQuEnZy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FReQuEnZy said:

No they don't... LOL
If you want it, make it yourself, take the initiative.
This is the DIY server not XWIS, where you had to pray to lord saviour Olaf to do something.

I'm not a programmer, noob martin why don't you make ra2 qm :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ZAIN I don't want to see you get owned on RA2, it's too fast paced for you. ;) 

Seriously though, you'll have to convince @dkeeton to add the option into the QM client.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Martin make a ra2 qm mode for us  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

plz

Edited by ShowtimeRa2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShowtimeRa2 said:

Martin make a ra2 qm mode for us  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make a poll and get over 30 votes and I'll consider it. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a distant observer nowadays, I think a Ra2 Ladder would really boost activity. Seems like the Ra2 players are pretty die-hard and would constantly be competing on the ladder (just look at XWIS, even though the server is a wasteland, there's still some competition going on in the Ra2 ladder).

 

I guess the key is just how 'good' is ra2 mode?

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, XXxPrePxX said:

 

I guess the key is just how 'good' is ra2 mode?

 

  ra2 mode in YR cncnet  is not ra2.  

ill say it again:    Ra2 mode in YR cncnet is   --------------------------------------------- NOT ------------------------------------------ ra2. 

 

13 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

I think ra2 mode needs to be perfected I think before it goes qm.

There is no perfecting ra2 mode.

YR with ra2-style adjustments is not ra2: its YR with ra2-style adjustments. No matter how "perfect" you get it.

A perfect Ra2 mode can not be something you just turn on with a click in the pre-game lobby-- it must be an entirely different option on the home menu screen of cncnet that loads the real, actual ra2. 

 

I dont know anything about programming but this seems like too much of a hassle to me (maybe thats why it hasnt been done yet?) and martin is the type of person who wont do something unless its done right. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that acually would be a great idea to have an RA2 QM .

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Lucifer said:

There is no perfecting ra2 mode.

It is possible. 
There are people who can just port the RA2 programming/game mechanics to RA2 Mode. 
So that it works identically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why everybody text in BIG? Also i think to few gone a use it because most of people like to see who is playing and what map, and only can play in tournament mode rules. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, FReQuEnZy said:

It is possible. 
There are people who can just port the RA2 programming/game mechanics to RA2 Mode. 
So that it works identically.

If it's as feasible as you're making it sound, then there's a much bigger picture here to consider. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2018 at 2:13 PM, Lucifer said:

 

 

  ra2 mode in YR cncnet  is not ra2.  

ill say it again:    Ra2 mode in YR cncnet is   --------------------------------------------- NOT ------------------------------------------ ra2. 

  

There is no perfecting ra2 mode.

YR with ra2-style adjustments is not ra2: its YR with ra2-style adjustments. No matter how "perfect" you get it.

A perfect Ra2 mode can not be something you just turn on with a click in the pre-game lobby-- it must be an entirely different option on the home menu screen of cncnet that loads the real, actual ra2. 

 

I dont know anything about programming but this seems like too much of a hassle to me (maybe thats why it hasnt been done yet?) and martin is the type of person who wont do something unless its done right. 

The only differences that people have reported are flak deals more damage, garrisoned units get promoted and some ship can't be selected when it's shooting.

Do you know of anything else?

Flak could be nerfed if anyone could say how much less damage they should do. (10%,15%?)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dkeeton said:

The only differences that people have reported are flak deals more damage, garrisoned units get promoted and some ship can't be selected when it's shooting.

Do you know of anything else?

Flak could be nerfed if anyone could say how much less damage they should do. (10%,15%?)

There are 2 types of differences :

1. Balance mechanics: Things like mirage tanks dont need to be cntrl-shifted to be shot, GIs do way more damage, tank production is slower, all of the additional units in YR, force shield...the list goes on.

***2. Fundamental game mechanics-- this makes  --everything-- different. From the amount of units you have when you have them, how they engage each other, how the economy works, the effectiveness of defending vs attacking, and just outright how things feel when u play the game. 

Not gonna make the ra2 fanboys happy (like the original poster of this topic) by giving them a YR mod made to mimic ra2...its, ill say it a 3rd and final time :

 

 

 

  -----------------------------  N      O      T ------------------------------                      ra2

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lucifer said:

There are 2 types of differences :

1. Balance mechanics: Things like mirage tanks dont need to be cntrl-shifted to be shot, GIs do way more damage, tank production is slower, all of the additional units in YR, force shield...the list goes on.

***2. Fundamental game mechanics-- this makes  --everything-- different. From the amount of units you have when you have them, how they engage each other, how the economy works, the effectiveness of defending vs attacking, and just outright how things feel when u play the game. 

Not gonna make the ra2 fanboys happy (like the original poster of this topic) by giving them a YR mod made to mimic ra2...its, ill say it a 3rd and final time :

 

 

 

  -----------------------------  N      O      T ------------------------------                      ra2

Have you tried it recently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ra2 mode is just ra2 for 98%, its fine. just a few minor details that are not fixed yet. frank is talking about things he "feels" are different. like flack doing more damage which i still dont believe in and has not been given any evidence for.

 

all things aside i would rather play ra2 mode if thats what it takes to avoid yuri. it would split the community though.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would definitely prefer a Ra2 QM option.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, dkeeton said:

Flak could be nerfed if anyone could say how much less damage they should do. (10%,15%?)

Daijobu already tested this like 50 times to prove that flak is the exact same.
Though what I nerfed it by in my balance testing (15%) FEELS like more what I remember from RA2.

Feels being the keyword.

 

2 hours ago, Lucifer said:

There are 2 types of differences :

Most of the stuff you said has already been implemented a LOOONG time ago.
This is what's left https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/8127-yr-ra2-mode-what-needs-updating/

Feel free to play some RA2 mode and note any REAL differences and not stuff that FEELS different.
Lack of factual items is what's holding the process back, you want RA2 start playing/posting.

 

1 hour ago, heldro said:

all things aside i would rather play ra2 mode if thats what it takes to avoid yuri.

Losing to Soviets a lot for balance reasons really makes more sense, because it feels like you have a chance and sometimes you get lucky.
But in YR playing a certain way to counter Yuri is absolutely out of the question of course.

Edited by FReQuEnZy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well xwis is dead as it can get, a lot of (active)ra2 players have moved to cncnet and are playing yuri now,but as i say for myself i stopped playing here coz playing vs yuri just pisses me off.

Im affraid that this will happend to a lot of ra2 players and that they will lose interest in the game.

As for QM on cncnet it felt activity dropped lately, i can be wrong but this is what i felt.

Plz consider this guy's.If i could help i would,be im just a newb with computer's and making these kinda things liek a QM ra2 mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'll have to agree with frank here, as much as i like ra2, i don't like ra2 mode at all, and no matter how much perfect you will make it, i think i'll stick with yr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they launch Ra2 qm mode, it will trigger the very end/fall of xwis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×