Jump to content

CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ShowtimeRa2

Will there be a QM ra2 mode ?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Grant said:

The donation thing needs a greater discussion, but I think something like a donation gofundme or simliar for some projects on CnCNet might be worthy. 

When my bitcoins (and other crypto-coins) sky-rocket in price again, hopefully by the end of this year, I'll donate again. At the moment they're on sale so I'm gonna use my spare cash to buy some more.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure a decent amount of people get tired of playing vs Yuri in QM, so a lot of people would probably prefer a ra2 QM. But for me, the biggest annoyance with QM is the laming. So many maps with lots of oils so half or more games turn into getting engi ate. Then the other half = someone trying to engi you. The same was always true for ra2 tho. Not fun to me. Now if you get a clan ladder.....that's how you really boost activity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

I'm sure a decent amount of people get tired of playing vs Yuri in QM, so a lot of people would probably prefer a ra2 QM. But for me, the biggest annoyance with QM is the laming. So many maps with lots of oils so half or more games turn into getting engi ate. Then the other half = someone trying to engi you. The same was always true for ra2 tho. Not fun to me. Now if you get a clan ladder.....that's how you really boost activity. 

Oils make games more active and fun.

Good players know how to counter a lame. If you do, you then get quite an advantage. You can always avoid lamers (20 percents of players).

Clan ladder.. not so sure. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hunk said:

Oils make games more active and fun.

Good players know how to counter a lame. If you do, you then get quite an advantage. You can always avoid lamers (20 percents of players).

Clan ladder.. not so sure. 

  

vwwwww is one of the goatz 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

 So many maps with lots of oils so half or more games turn into getting engi ate.

I agree and am working on a solution. ;)
Countering Yuri however is a different story and IMO is relatively simple with the current maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be happy to donate to a true Red Alert 2 fund. 

 

Also, if you could just make tournament games inside the normal CNC client that would make the league easier to function (essentially like XWIS whereby you would have the full pool of maps). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stoneman said:

I would be happy to donate to a true Red Alert 2 fund. 

 

Also, if you could just make tournament games inside the normal CNC client that would make the league easier to function (essentially like XWIS whereby you would have the full pool of maps). 

Tournament style games in the server would be a huge help to getting the ladder out to everyone and more play styles. However, that requires people have log ins and registered usernames which is not beneficial to the CNCNet server right now. If there was an easier way to make it happen that'd be great, but unfortunately the log in/registration issues keep it from happening... from my understanding. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:56 PM, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

I'm sure a decent amount of people get tired of playing vs Yuri in QM, so a lot of people would probably prefer a ra2 QM. But for me, the biggest annoyance with QM is the laming. So many maps with lots of oils so half or more games turn into getting engi ate. Then the other half = someone trying to engi you. The same was always true for ra2 tho. Not fun to me. Now if you get a clan ladder.....that's how you really boost activity. 

100% correct.

That's why I dont play QM. I discovered CnCnet 1 month ago, I started directly with some QM the result was without appeal… Engi eat, Engi rush, Ivan rush, … VS 1 guy from HOF et 1 streamer… It did not really amused me, and in compensation i was playing on Red Alert 1 where you dont have this problem ^^"

The feature not eating engineers (dog) sould be enabled. Especially since the Yuri faction is not equal compared to others, and most maps have a lot of oils.

I also think that the possibility of creating tournament games with everyone's preferences is a good option. After all everyone is free or not to accept the choices of his opponent! So if he accepts, he agrees with the rules (10 units, mcv resp., …).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chrisev said:

100% correct.

That's why I dont play QM. I discovered CnCnet 1 month ago, I started directly with some QM the result was without appeal… Engi eat, Engi rush, Ivan rush, … VS 1 guy from HOF et 1 streamer… It did not really amused me, and in compensation i was playing on Red Alert 1 where you dont have this problem ^^"

The feature not eating engineers (dog) sould be enabled. Especially since the Yuri faction is not equal compared to others, and most maps have a lot of oils.

I also think that the possibility of creating tournament games with everyone's preferences is a good option. After all everyone is free or not to accept the choices of his opponent! So if he accepts, he agrees with the rules (10 units, mcv resp., …).

That's how it always has been though. Engineers have always been an active part of the game. It's not.exclusive to cncnet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that information. Well, without being able to make tournament games inside the normal server  with the player being able to select any of the maps (and opening up clan matches) then I doubt this ladder is ever going to really take off regardless of whether or not real Red Alert 2 is launched.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×