1x1 tournament on 15 September 2018

alexeyk

Hi,

When: 15.09.2018 5:00pm (Moscow time)
Where: Cncnet
Organizator / Streamer: Win4esterD  (the tourney will be on his birthday)
Prize pool: $20 (atm)
Referee: Win4esterD
Tourney page: https://goodgame.ru/cup/7160/
System: Full double elimination. All matches are bo5  (until 3 victories) except Final and Grandfinal. FInal and Grandfinal are bo7 (until 4 victories)
Rules: see details on tourney page
Yuri fraction: NOT ALLOWED

Maps:Dune Patrol, Golden State Freeway, Golden State Valley, Reconcile, Offense Defense, Country Swing, Dry Heat (TvB), Tournament B, Heartland (TvB), City Under Siege, Divide and Conquer, Tour of Egypt, River Rampage, The Path More Traveled By, Jungle of Vietnam 
READ ABOUT NEW MAP POOL HERE: https://vk.com/wall-32103072_15492  (use Google Translate to translate from Russian to your own language or to English)
SHORT TRANSLATE OF KEY MOMENTS:
1. Any player who plays in the tournament can pick 2 maps that will be added to map pool. 
2. Map should be from "Battle" or "Tournament" modes and should have 6 spots at max
3. Player should notify about his/her choice as soon as possible (please post your nickname on GG.ru and 2 maps in this thread) 
4. The organizator reserves the right to add some maps to the map pool if he thinks that we have not enough maps.

Maps:
alexeyk - 1) Caverns of Sibeiria, 2) [Pro] Stardusk
Win4ester - 1) Divide and Conquer, 2) The Path More Traveled By
AndyPlaysYR - 1)New Heights 2) May Day
Rudiy - 1) [Pro] Dune Patrol II 2) Dune Patrol
Zhasulan - 1) Hail Mary 2) Face Down
DeCKs - 1) Frozen Divide 2) Sinkhole
GMZT901 - 1) Tour Of Egypt 2) Reconcile

1. How to registerer (English) and F.A.Q: https://vk.com/topic-32103072_39030786
2. Past tourneys:
  - 6 Jan 2018 - https://goodgame.ru/cup/6328/ (overall prize pool - $150-$200)
  - 3 March 2018 - https://goodgame.ru/cup/6459/ (overall prize pool - $400-$450)

3. How to donate to the prize pool? https://vk.com/topic-32103072_39030786?post=383
Note: -10% GG.ru fee, -10% organizator's fee. It's default behaviour for tourney module for GG.ru tourney platform.

If you have any questions about the tourney please post a comment in this thread.

DISCLAIMER: Rules, settings and date of the tourney can be updated by the organizator. Please follow the tourney page. Any major changes will be posted here with some delay.

UPD 1:
1. All games will be played one by one on the stream so it takes time to proceed. Usually (we've already done 2 tourneys this year) a tourney takes about 2 days (~6 -7 hours each day). So players should discuss with the referee /streamer the approximate time when their games will be played because if player doesn't respond for a long time, it's considered as a lose.
2. Prize pool. Anyone can donate money on this tourney. I will explain how to do it soon. Please note that if you donate $100, $80 goes to the prize pool. 10% is taken by GG.ru, 10% is an organizator's bonus. It's default behaviour for tourney module for GG.ru tourney platform.
3. More skilled players are participated in the tourney - more prize pool. I will increase the prize pool if we have more good players.
4. Withdraw money. Will explain soon how to do it and help with it if needed.

UPD 2:
1. Described how to donate to the tourney

UPD3:
1. Jungle of Vietnam added to the map pool

UPD4:
1. Add a new rule that allows any player to choose 2 maps to the map pool.

Edited by alexeyk
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

How about you do a russian tournament to see who the best russian players are, and then they can 2v2 Max and I? =]

Matt, you can talk about it with Win4esterD and organize such match later in September. At the moment, we're interesting in 1v1 only.
However, I believe Zhasulan will be a winner (2nd place at least but I still think he will take 1st), so I can ask him to find an ally and try to organize the match at the end of the September. What's about that?

43 minutes ago, JSDS said:

1v1 tournament aint a very good idea at the moment specialy that CnCNet have activity on it's QM ladder .

maybe if it's a 2v2 tournament then it may get more players to play .

Hmm, there was a 2v2 tourney (started in December I think) and it even haven't finished :) lol. Anyway, again, at this moment, we're interesting in 1v1 only.

12 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

Love it how the map pool consists only of Soviet favored maps.
Perhaps allow the Yuri faction and use the tournament game mode?

Hey Martin. Usually, I ask you a question "Pizdish je?" but now will try to be more serious :)
1. TBH, I do not like the current map pool, especially when a lot of new maps were added in cncnet recently but unfortunately I'm not the organizer. I agree with you that it's Sov's maps mostly
2. My personal opinion is to allow to play Yuri (at least one game per series) but again the organizator doesn't like Yuri at all :)

Edited by alexeyk

1v1 tournament aint a very good idea at the moment specialy that CnCNet have activity on it's QM ladder .

Not really. This is a huge difference between QM and 1v1 tournament.

1) QM is full of Yuri fags, at the same time, Yuri is not allowed in tournament.

2) Prize money involve some more excitement, then just jumping through the ladder.

3) All games are on the stream, with commentaries and viewers. That allows players to feel themselves as a part of the show, with their fans and haters. 

4) How ladder can be taken serious in 2018 any way? On the tournament, participants have motivation to win, because they achieve some prize money, fan base, become famous in RA2 audience. On the ladder, they achieve nothing, just fun games (and not so fun, when you face Yuri fag, lol). 

13 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

Love it how the map pool consists only of Soviet favored maps.
Perhaps allow the Yuri faction and use the tournament game mode?

What maps, do you think, has to be added, as "Allied favour maps"?

• Upvote 1

I might take part in this tournament if i am not busy , anyway add some more maps please , 

1) Heck

2) Desert Island

3) Hidden Valley

4) May Day

5) Pirate Bay

6) Coldwar TVT

7) Caverns of siberia

8) South pacific

9) Stormy Weather

10) Arctic Circle/Coldest peak

• Grant featured this topic

Alexey mean, that I decided to change rules, and allow participants to nominate maps.

Every participant, who registered on the tournament before 10-th of September, has a rule to nominate 2 maps in map pool from himself. Maps has to be not more then for 6 players (big maps are not allowed), and has to be official, from "Battle" or "Tournament" mode. Also, you can nominate maps from "Standart", if these maps are included in current ladder, for example, "The Path More Traveled by".

Organiser (me) still has a rule to nominate more maps, if current map pool wouldnt be enough.

Maps that were already Nominated by participants:

1) Caverns of Sibeiria,

2) [Pro] Stardusk

3) Divide and Conquer,

4) The Path More Traveled By

5) New Heighth

6) May Day

7)Dune Patrol

8] Pro (Dune Patrol 2)

9)Hail Mary

10) Face Down

As you can guess, map pool is not complete, more players coming, more maps nominating.

posted image

Congratulations to the winners!

Despite my illness, that I had during the week, and didnt fully recovered from it until the time of tournament, I really enjoyed watching, streaming, and commentating tournament battles.

All games where very good, but I have to mention the battle between ZAIN and JEEN on "The Path More Traveled By", where JEEN had taken all the middle, covering it by his Grand Canons. Many viewers decided, that he got victory, but ZAIN didnt give up, and continued fighting until the end.

Leave your responses about the tournament here. This is my firs tournament, where I had four not russian speaking players, so, would be interesting to get some feedback. 

Edited by Win4ester
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

HI all,

13 players are participated.The record of the stream are here:

1st day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrKY1pF08II

2nd day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elj5MIEbxj0

Recommended to watch
1. ZAIN vs. JEEN on The Path More Travelled By  https://youtu.be/elj5MIEbxj0?t=18223 MUST SEE

2. Andy vs JEEN on Tour of Egypt https://youtu.be/elj5MIEbxj0?t=25639

3. Andy vs JEEN on Dune Patrol II https://youtu.be/elj5MIEbxj0 (alting game) 

4. Andy vs JEEN on Reconcile https://youtu.be/elj5MIEbxj0?t=27386  (EPIC FAIL ☹️)

Results with SPOILERS below

Winners, round 1

alexeyk vs. Gamzat001 1:3 - Face Down (??vs??), Tour of Egypt(??vs??), Caverns of Siberia(??vs??), Frozen Divide(??vs??)
adj4 vs. BYE
Zhasulan vs. JEEN 2:3 - May Day, Face Down, Caverns of Siberia, The Path More Travelled By, Hail Mary (all games ??vs??)
Rudiy vs. BYE 
Win4ester vs. Novichok 3:2 Sinkhole (?? vs ??), Dune Patrol (?? vs ??), Reconcile (?? vs ??), Dune Patrol II (?? vs ??), The Path More Travelled By (??vs ??)
EvilSquid vs. Chips11 W:L
DeCKs vs. BYE
ZAIN vs. Andy 2:3 New Heights (?? vs.??), The Path More Travelled By (?? vs.??), May Day (?? vs.??), Tour of Egypt (?? vs.??), Face Down (?? vs ??)

Losers, round 1

alexeyk vs. BYE
Zhasulan vs. BYE
Novichok vs. Chips11 W:L
ZAIN vs. BYE

Winners, round 2

adj4 vs. Gamzat001 2:3 - Sinkhole(??vs ??), Tour of Egypt(??vs ??) , May Day (??vs ??), Reconcile (??vs ??), Stardusk (??vs ??)
JEEN vs. Rudiy 3:0 - Dune Patrol II, Tour of Egypt, Dune Patrol (all games ??vs??)
Win4ester vs. EvilSquid 2:3 - Face Down (??vs. ??), Hail Mary (??vs ??), Divide & Conquer (??vs ??), Caverns of Siberia (?? vs ??), The Path More Travelled By (??vs. ??)
DeCKs vs. Andy 0:3 - Frozen Divide (??vs. ??), Dune Patrol (??vs. ??), Sinkhole (??vs. ??)

Losers, round 2

alexeyk vs. DeCKs 3:1 - Sinkhole (??vs ??), Tour of Egypt (??vs ??), Reconcile (?? vs.??), Divide and Conquer (??vs. ??)
EvilSquid vs. Zhasulan L:W
Rudiy vs. Novichok L:W (forfeit)
adj4 vs. ZAIN 0:3 - Dune Patrol, Divide and Conquer, May Day (all games ??vs??)

Winners, round 3

Gamzat001 vs. JEEN 3:2 - Frozen Divide (??vs ??) , Tour of Egypt (??vs ??) , Divide & Conquer (?? vs.??), Dune Patrol II (??vs ??) , New Heights (??vs ??)
Win4ester vs. Andy 0:3 - Divide & Conquer (?? vs.??), Dune Patrol II (??vs ??), New Heights (?? vs.??)

Losers, round 3

alexeyk vs. Zhasulan 1:3 - Tour of Egypt (?? vs.??), Face Down (??vs ??), Reconcile (??vs ??), May Day (??vs ??)
Novichok vs. ZAIN 0:3 Face Down, Dune Patrol, Hail Mary (all games ??vs ??)

Losers, round 4

JEEN vs. Zhasulan 3:0 - Sinkhole (??vs. ??), FaceDown (??vs. ??), Stardusk ( ??vs ??)
Win4ester vs. ZAIN 0:3 - Caverns of Siberia, Frozen Divide, Divide & Conquer (all games ??vs ??)

Winners final

Gamzat001 vs. Andy 3:4 - The Path More Travelled By(??vs ??), Face Down (??vs ??), Tour of Egypt (??vs ??), New Heights (??vs ??), Dune Patrol II(??vs ??), May Day (??vs. ??), Divide & Conquer (??vs ??)

Lower losers final

ZAIN vs. JEEN 2:3 - Reconcile ( ??vs ??), Sinkhole (??vs. ??), The Path More Travelled By (??vs. ??), Face Down?? vs. ??), May Day ??vs ??)

Losers final

Gamzat001 vs. JEEN 0:3 - Frozen Divide, Tour of Egypt, Dune Patrol II (all games ??vs ??)

Final

Andy vs, Jeen 4:3 - Divide and Conquer (??vs. ??), Face Down (??vs. ??), The Path More Travelled By (??vs. ??), Hail Mary (??vs. ??), Tour of Egypt (??vs. ??), Dune Patrol 2 (??vs. ?? regame) , May Day (??vs. ??), Reconcile (??vs. ??)

NOTES
1. Player `Chips11` passed checkin but didn't come to play. We suspect it's a smurf account of EvilSquid.

2. Player `EvilSquid` was banned after his first game because he used a smurf account but that is prohibited.

3. JEEN used alting vs. Andy on game 6 on Dune Patrol II in the final match. Game 6 was restarted on another map

RESULTS

1st - Andy (~$30)
2nd - JEEN (~$20)
3rd - Gamzat001 (~$15)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1