Give a Tip to a New Player on CNCNet

XXxPrePxX

New thread idea:

If you were to give ONE tip to a player who just recently joined the Ra2/YR CNCNet server what would it be?

RULES: 

TRY not to double post the same tip. If you post the same tip as someone else, you are the newb :|. 

Try to keep it short.

ONLY ONE TIP PER POST! 

Mine: DO NOT join games that are hosted and say "PRO only" or "GOOD PLAYERS" or "Pro". This will result in you getting laughed at, beaten up extremely quickly, and you will ruin everyone elses game.

• Like 1

The only worthwhile soviet team is IRAQ. For the allies you can play as America, Korea, and Great Britan. France and Yuri are almost always OFF-Limits in games due to how they disrupt the gameplay. DO NOT play as any other soviet faction other than Iraq or as Germany. 

NEVER play at FPS 45 or lower in multiplayer. ALWAYS play at FPS 60 (aka MAX). The lower FPS almost always means the game will lag and you will be learning the game at a much slower play level than what you will need for the majority games AND you'll be pissing off whomever is playing with you. 

Edited by XXxPrePxX

• Grant featured this topic
3 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

NEVER play at FPS 45 or lower in multiplayer. ALWAYS play at FPS 60 (aka MAX). The lower FPS almost always means the game will lag and you will be learning the game at a much slower play level than what you will need for the majority games AND you'll be pissing off whomever is playing with you. 

Honestly the speed setting should be removed in general. Weird thing only in Westwood games. Imagine playing a shooter and you have a setting to play as 30 fps...
---
Play on the highest resolution as you can. Its hard to get used to the 'tinier' tanks, but its totally worth it, since you will be able to see the battlefield much better. Only exception would be 4k, which is a bit of an overkill...

Have 4-6 Miners late game. Use Ctrl+F1-F3 (& then F1-F3) to save\ restore map camera positions. Have additional War Factories for faster unit production. Instead of Tank Rush, try Kirovs —Allies build Engineer IFV, Seal IFV, et. al. —also pick France, Iraq with prejudice. If you are Yuri train Virii, Brutes, 2 Yuri Primes, & Magnetrons' of course. Also beware of Rocketeer\ Mirage Tank\ IFV hoarders, they're the worst —so make enough Rhinos' & Flak Traks' to counter.

Edited by laserbeak
typo
  • Upvote 1

Play quickmatch as much as you can and never check your stats it will demotivate you if you are new player, you might lose tons of games but eventually you will get better, 

also scouting the map is very important i usually lose any game if i don't have a proper scout especially in big maps.

On 9/10/2018 at 4:47 PM, Legolas said:

if you're willing to get better, before asking anyone to play in their game, try to ask for observing games and watch videos of pro players online(recommended channels :EddB - Zain Hayder , Zhasulan)

Really? You called me there? o_O

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Zhasulan said:

Really? You called me there? o_O

you seem delusional zhas...

i don't watch most of your vids because i found them useless but a noob guy could watch and learn bos and since you have a lot of videos and there are a lot of maps it could be good to learn the maps.

@XXxPrePxXplease delete this post in a few days as it is not about giving tips and i was just answering a kidish question 

Edited by Legolas

On 9/10/2018 at 3:45 PM, Ra2Nub said:

Honestly the speed setting should be removed in general. Weird thing only in Westwood games. Imagine playing a shooter and you have a setting to play as 30 fps...
---
Play on the highest resolution as you can. Its hard to get used to the 'tinier' tanks, but its totally worth it, since you will be able to see the battlefield much better. Only exception would be 4k, which is a bit of an overkill... 

Do you want people to lag? Because this is how you get laggy games.