Clan ladder

VWWWWWWWWWWW

On 9/30/2018 at 7:02 PM, Chandler said:

yes

23 hours ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

I mean that was a huge part of this game. Not sure why it's not a priority. It would easily boost their activity

really!!

On 9/30/2018 at 7:35 PM, NDiaz said:

Clan ladder would really get things going, in RA1 too.

Today we have our first ladder prize of $50 :D

lol, who payed ladder prize ?

7 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

While clan ladder would be cool, it wouldn't really boost activity that much. Most cncnet players really don't care about the competitive scene, and are especially deterred with the ego and toxicity it produces.

I know you're afraid of competition but most of the better players require it to have fun. 

6 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

Can you give examples of how it would do this?

Don't you see all the people who create clans in their usernames despite their being no clan ladder? I believe you did that yourself. And I know plenty of people who would play more if there were a clan ladder. It's something noobs like too. When I first started ra2 I was in a big clan on WOL where pretty much everyone sucked but it was far more fun than just joining random ffgs. 

Edited by VWWWWWWWWWWW
  • Upvote 2

I'd start sed0na clan on CnCNet and recruit 90% of the players on CnCNet, noobs to mediocres to pros, just how I did on post-2009 Xwis. We had members in the hundreds when there was only 20p on average still playing lol

Edited by KissMySedonaPass
  • Like 1

Can someone in the know tell me why this wouldn't work:

1. Create a clan system attached to a persons created e-mail account/username. This way they are 'in' clans. 

2) Much like the QM system we have in place, create a 'lobby' for clan games instead of quick match games. This way, players can sign in to the 'ranked games' and go to a specialized ranked lobby (This also keeps some of the trash talk out of the cncnet gaming lobby :p). 

3) Now that we have a lobby for ranked games, players can create 'tournament' games for the ranked single player ladder and also 'clan games' for clan games ranging from 1on1, 2on2, 3on3, 4on4. 

I believe all this is easily feasible in the current frame, am I wrong? @dkeeton @RaVaGe @Grant anyone in the know. 

I mean, we have the ranked lobby (you'd just have to make it visible like the cncnet lobby), we have the ladder and points system (all you'd have to do is make a new one that corresponds to the new clan ladder), the only hard part would be creating the clan environment in the webpages and I guess creating a lobby that corresponds to tournament games and clan games. 

Just spit-ballin a solution here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

1. Create a clan system attached to a persons created e-mail account/username. This way they are 'in' clans. 

Enabling people to log in with e-mails to add clan functionality should work.

2) Much like the QM system we have in place, create a 'lobby' for clan games instead of quick match games. This way, players can sign in to the 'ranked games' and go to a specialized ranked lobby (This also keeps some of the trash talk out of the cncnet gaming lobby :p). 

This is a horrible idea, splitting lobbies makes each lobby appear less active and through social psychology causes people to think the activity is dropping and they will be more likely to lose interest.

IMO a more integrated feature set will benefit activity.

3) Now that we have a lobby for ranked games, players can create 'tournament' games for the ranked single player ladder and also 'clan games' for clan games ranging from 1on1, 2on2, 3on3, 4on4.  

That's implied with the previous point already.

I believe all this is easily feasible in the current frame, am I wrong? @dkeeton @RaVaGe @Grant anyone in the know. 

Everything is possible once some one is willing to put in the work.
Development of these features would take a long time due to the lack of developer time, hence why they are concentrating on priority features.

Such as a the current ladder (for all cncnet games not just YR).
I also had to annoy Grant a lot for him to prioritise the ignore/block feature for lobbies & PMs.
Pretty sure he had to convince the original client developer @Rampastring to put in his personal free time for this.

Problem with these requests is that you guys don't seem to understand how much work goes into developing/coding the client and it's features, so if you want a 2v2 ladder with clans, then go find some additional developers to do the additional work.                            

• Confused 2

It comes down to money and your annoyance power?

If it happens it happens, if not then oh well. Grant & CnCNet crew have done plenty to this point. Lets try not to take that for granted.

Also, Prep, I agree with what you've said except for splitting the lobbies. I'd prefer it to be like on Xwis where an entire community can see clan games going and clan talk mixing in with the regular banter. I'd hate to promote trash talk showdowns for the lobby, but frankly, there's little else going on at CnCNet's atm. Grant's currently in search of lobby moderators though so there's always hope of keeping the place civil :up:

Edited by KissMySedonaPass
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, FlyingMustache said:

Behold as Matt proves my point yet again. :D

Clan ladder doesn't exist yet and newbies will be deterred by reading his crap.

Most people aren't as sensitive and fragile as you. Clans were always super popular for everyone. Besides, the better players wouldn't even want to bash the noobs because there's no challenge involved. That's why I don't challenge you

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

Most people aren't as sensitive and fragile as you. Clans were always super popular for everyone. Besides, the better players wouldn't even want to bash the noobs because there's no challenge involved. That's why I don't challenge you

Except all you did the previous two years was challenge me l0l. First in game, then by debate. Which you lose terribly in debates. Also, it's not about sensitivity. What I said is grounded in facts and logic. Most players of ra2/yr do it for fun. They're not looking for the ultra competitive and toxic environment you enjoy. Hence why the most popular YouTubers and streamers aren't any of the skilled veterans. 

Back on topic - I'd love this.  I know my friends in ET (hopeful clan) would too.  Team games make you closer to ur m8s, a better team player (which i know many people want to be), and ppl of all levels can participate as you can choose who ur opponents will be.

• Upvote 1

having a clan ladder would be a great add for CnCNet that will make playing more fun and comparative.

as @XXxPrePxX mentioned above making a clan ladder much similar to Current QM would be good as a start .

in my opinion to evoide a lot of work maybe try to make it very simple ( doesnt have to be  very good at start and more work on it while updates ) 

2 hours ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

Referring to your opinions as facts doesn't make them so. No1 cares if you want to compete on a clan ladder or not. No1 said every single pro player or every single noob wants to compete on it. Lots of people do. Fk off you weakling

That's because they simply are facts. You denying it is you simply just being willingly ignorant. I stated my two cents that activity wouldn't be boosted much. Don't be mad at me for stating something you don't like, weakling.