Freeroll bet for heldro / Edd / Showtime / Prep

Andy.

Most people seem to think Yuri is OP because I easily took rank 1 this month with a 96% winrate, Edd and heldro especially, saying stuff like "Yuri is OP" and "Martin is an idiot for putting this map in QM vs Yuri" so I'm putting this out there.

If any of you would like to participate in this challenge in October just post here.

The rules:
• Post the account you will be using in October
• You can ONLY use Yuri on this account
• If you are rank 1 at the end of the month PM me your paypal and I will send you $100.

I look forward to seeing these winrates. :D
Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Legolas said:

scrublord yuri player challenges people who have never touched yuri in their life to play as yuri and take rank 1 and since they won't take rank 1, he'll feel free to say yuri is a balanced faction rofl

If Yuri is OP then they should be able to get rank 1 with it without even knowing how to play it right?

Challenge is still open.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

It is a real non-sequitur to suggest a noob Yuri player can simply take rank 1 because of its OP status. Essentially, the point about Yuri is that in a scenario with  players of equal skill, the Yuri player has an enormous advantage. I think after nearly 20 years, there is nothing controversial in that assessment.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@Andy.rofl at your logic. air plane goes faster than a bike but a bike rider is never going to know how to pilot an air plane without putting a lot of effort into it.

@Ferretstop banning/giving warning to people for nothing. i made that post because of his delusional logic and no one thinks i'm wrong(not even andy himself)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Legolas said:

scrublord yuri player challenges people who have never touched yuri in their life to play as yuri and take rank 1 and since they won't take rank 1, he'll feel free to say yuri is a balanced faction rofl

Yep. And if he really wanted to prove something, he would show us he can get a top rank without Yuri. But I think he would struggle with top 20 if he attempted that

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stoneman said:

It is a real non-sequitur to suggest a noob Yuri player can simply take rank 1 because of its OP status. Essentially, the point about Yuri is that in a scenario with  players of equal skill, the Yuri player has an enormous advantage. I think after nearly 20 years, there is nothing controversial in that assessment.   

Not true at all, it's no coincidence that the only people that say Yuri is OP are the ones that don't play vs him, it's always easier to just make an excuse for why you lose games instead of working on the holes in your game which is why ra2 players are so bad at YR.

As for your "players of equal skill, the Yuri player has an enormous advantage." claim, that is completely false, in fact most maps on the QM pool favor soviet vs Yuri.

• Upvote 2

when latof, an ra2 player with the skill level to actually achieve rank 1 on the ladder, (unlike the names on this list)  came over for a month he tried yuri for fun and got rank 1 with them...despite lacking the  experience or care.  He lost like 4 games the entire month and then when back to ra2. 

when tomi first started playing YR,  and his legendary rampage of "Mr. Rank 1" begun, it do so as Yuri. He concluded it was "stupidly OP"  compared to the other factions and then changed to soviet. 

That being said, I will admit that when I tried yuri a bit in qm, I got owned-- and i mean OWNED. Sucked donkey dick with them. So if your point is that there is a learning curve and yuri requires his own distinct art for mastery, then yeah, ill accept that argument. But to suggest, when mastered, that he isn't totally OP AF, I must call bullshit. He can turn an enemy army into his own with a single CLICK dawg.  lul

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'll have to side with Andy on this one. It's been proven time and again that yuri can be beaten. If you're having trouble beating Andy it's because of ANDY. Stop whining about how "yuri is too op for me" when we all know there exists a counter to every possible move yuri can make. Just as you wouldn't rush your tanks into a batch of desolators you wouldn't rush them into mind controls or a single ifv against a herd of yuri discs; make drones, prism, mass flak etc. There is a way! Now give credit where it's due and acknowledge the rank 1 champion of CnCNet: Andy!

1 hour ago, Lucifer said:

That being said, I will admit that when I tried yuri a bit in qm, I got owned-- and i mean OWNED. Sucked donkey dick with them. So if your point is that there is a learning curve and yuri requires his own distinct art for mastery, then yeah, ill accept that argument. But to suggest, when mastered, that he isn't totally OP AF, I must call bullshit. He can turn an enemy army into his own with a single CLICK dawg.  lul

So when I engineer a building of yours that is the same thing. How about a deso taking out a shitton of ggi's with one deploy? Or one seal taking out an entire base? Every faction has its overkill. What are you going to do, modify the game files and change each faction? No, the players need adapt their gameplay and learn to beat yuri. It is doable.

Edit: Reminds me of when Lord Sunny was taking over the ladder on Xwis. Everyone would complain about his "maphacks" when they just couldn't beat him. Now same thing is happening with Andy on CnCNet.  Heldro, Edd, Showtime, Prep are all good players but something must be done if they want that rank 1.

Edited by KissMySedonaPass
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Lucifer said:

when latof, an ra2 player with the skill level to actually achieve rank 1 on the ladder, (unlike the names on this list)  came over for a month he tried yuri for fun and got rank 1 with them...despite lacking the  experience or care.  He lost like 4 games the entire month and then when back to ra2. 

when tomi first started playing YR,  and his legendary rampage of "Mr. Rank 1" begun, it do so as Yuri. He concluded it was "stupidly OP"  compared to the other factions and then changed to soviet. 

Read a bit here so...

1)latof was originally a YR player.

2)Yuri is overpowered but not as OP as people make it. Yes Andy don’t tell me infinite money is fair.

3) a major problem of Yuri is the maps!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KissMySedonaPass said:

No, the players need adapt their gameplay and learn to beat yuri. It is doable. 

Winning as Germany from the top position of LBL with meat grinder settings against Iraq is DOABLE. 

Doesn't mean its fair. 

Speaking of Germany, marko won rank 1 as Germany in Jan 2008. omegalul .... 

Its DOABLE boys!  

Now people are agree with me that this game was made for a single player campaign and not designed for multiplayer, multiplayer was just secondary thing, that is why people put rules to maps, games, etc. like no alting, engi, etc. 

Anyway Iraq can do a great job vs Yuri in not naval maps without SW killing the slaves and drone the chaos drone, Yuri need to move the miner a lot in early game. 

8 hours ago, OuTLaW35 said:

LoL, Andy is nothing but a troll and looking for a response out of you all. He's succeeding! But he sucks at Life in General!!! KissMySedonaPass just likes to ride on someone else's jock strap and suck on that sweaty nut juice!!!! lmfao long live Andy my ass!!! Andy's nothing but a douche which is why I have him blocked on the Discord. He's a waste of skin and thieving my Oxygen!!! His mother should have swallowed!!!

Ooof

8 hours ago, OuTLaW35 said:

LoL, Andy is nothing but a troll and looking for a response out of you all. He's succeeding! But he sucks at Life in General!!! KissMySedonaPass just likes to ride on someone else's jock strap and suck on that sweaty nut juice!!!! lmfao long live Andy my ass!!! Andy's nothing but a douche which is why I have him blocked on the Discord. He's a waste of skin and thieving my Oxygen!!! His mother should have swallowed!!!

1 post 1 kill. damn.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Marsh said:

1 post 1 kill. damn.

And 1 ban.

3 hours ago, KissMySedonaPass said:

I'm obviously just joking. Tbh, I was just trying to start a fake fight on the forums. Admins, I request you ban me now!

Seriously though, Andy did get rank 1

and rank 2

On 10/1/2018 at 6:17 AM, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

Yep. And if he really wanted to prove something, he would show us he can get a top rank without Yuri. But I think he would struggle with top 20 if he attempted that

After not playing for 5+ years I came back last month and got rank 4 with allied.

On 10/1/2018 at 5:04 PM, a1nthony said:

Read a bit here so...

1)latof was originally a YR player.

2)Yuri is overpowered but not as OP as people make it. Yes Andy don’t tell me infinite money is fair.

3) a major problem of Yuri is the maps!

I'll reply to all of this even though it's clear you don't know the game well and most likely don't play QM at all.

1.) Latof never got any top 10s let alone rank 1s on YR when I played on XWIS in 2008-2013, and when he got rank 1 on cncnet was there even one top player playing that month?

2.) There's no such thing as "infinite money" if you let Yuri sit and grind brutes while you just watch and apply no pressure to them then that's on you.

3.) The map pool for CNCnet QM SvY heavily favors soviet.

• Upvote 1