Freeroll bet for heldro / Edd / Showtime / Prep

Andy.

On 10/1/2018 at 9:11 AM, Lucifer said:

when latof, an ra2 player with the skill level to actually achieve rank 1 on the ladder, (unlike the names on this list)  came over for a month he tried yuri for fun and got rank 1 with them...despite lacking the  experience or care.  He lost like 4 games the entire month and then when back to ra2. 

when tomi first started playing YR,  and his legendary rampage of "Mr. Rank 1" begun, it do so as Yuri. He concluded it was "stupidly OP"  compared to the other factions and then changed to soviet. 

That being said, I will admit that when I tried yuri a bit in qm, I got owned-- and i mean OWNED. Sucked donkey dick with them. So if your point is that there is a learning curve and yuri requires his own distinct art for mastery, then yeah, ill accept that argument. But to suggest, when mastered, that he isn't totally OP AF, I must call bullshit. He can turn an enemy army into his own with a single CLICK dawg.  lul

The problem with what you and alot of people on here are doing is, you're just taking old players for their word and passing it off as gospel.

Tomi had a good run back when XWIS started he was a good sov player but a lot of it had to do with it being a good old boys club where  there wasn't many people playing on the ladder and everyone was mates with Tomi that did play so they softplayed vs him and no one was a dynamic player. Maybe he had a month where he got rank 1 using Yuri in some games, I'm guessing he stopped using Yuri because he realized they are not OP and he was struggling vs certain players on certain maps so he went back to sov since he was the best sov at that time.

It's similar to if you beat someone in 1 game and then run, you can pretend like you're better, and maybe you are but you are afraid to find out because of your ego.

I can tell you that around 2009 when I was unstoppable at YR Tomi was exclusively playing Ra2 I was talking on the forums calling ANYONE out to come play me, he said he would go Yuri because even back then I was still saying Yuri isn't OP and was looking to prove it, so we played and I 3-0'd him, he said I got lucky. But he never asked me for a game again and I never seen him on YR after that.

What these old players did or said in the past is irrelevant, show and prove.

• Upvote 2

Ur rank 1 doesnt say shit !

How many expert yuri players are here ?

There are cuple of pro ra2 player's, but ey we need time to adjust.

When tomi played he pwned every 1 back in the days,and there were over 100 good expert players.

Don't get me wrong man i dont have anything vs u (2 bad u act in the game like a 8 year old ,but ok i can deal with that) i dont have anything vs u,but ey lets have fun and see if u can keep this going.

4 hours ago, Andy. said:

After not playing for 5+ years I came back last month and got rank 4 with allied.

You were playing here when I first came here, so you were not gone for 5 years. And honestly I'm just going off when I played you. I remember zigzag saying you were a good player when I first came to YR but then I kept beating your sov/allies pretty easily. And then you would do what a lot of scrubs do, refuse to play without yuri. Don't care how many noobs you managed to beat/seal/engi in QM with allies last month.

On another note, I remember Tej's Yuri being pretty good. Would like to see his Yuri vs Yours on stream. Would be fun to watch. Maybe Sunny also

Edited by VWWWWWWWWWWW
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ShowtimeRa2 said:

Ur rank 1 doesnt say shit !

How many expert yuri players are here ?

There are cuple of pro ra2 player's, but ey we need time to adjust.

When tomi played he pwned every 1 back in the days,and there were over 100 good expert players.

Don't get me wrong man i dont have anything vs u (2 bad u act in the game like a 8 year old ,but ok i can deal with that) i dont have anything vs u,but ey lets have fun and see if u can keep this going. 

For sure, I'll be playing this month under the nick Cynic, hit me up for games or just go QM often and we'll match. If you want to learn the match up let your ego go and keep playing.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

You were playing here when I first came here, so you were not gone for 5 years. And honestly I'm just going off when I played you. I remember zigzag saying you were a good player when I first came to YR but then I kept beating your sov/allies pretty easily. And then you would do what a lot of scrubs do, refuse to play without yuri. Don't care how many noobs you managed to beat/seal/engi in QM with allies last month.

On another note, I remember Tej's Yuri being pretty good. Would like to see his Yuri vs Yours on stream. Would be fun to watch. Maybe Sunny also

I played a game or two when CNCNET first started way before they had a ladder, and then I stopped playing because it was boring without a ladder.

Anyways, I'll be playing this month on the nick Cynic, if you want games message me or go QM often, I will be using Yuri and I don't care if you think I can't beat you with allied or sov that doesn't matter to me.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Stoneman said:

Now we have Andy trashing Tomi's record. Laughable. You beat him in one series. Well done. That guy was rank 1 when some serious players played this game. Your rank 1 in 2018, please!

How else are we common players supposed to know who the better player is if not by the ladder? I always heard anecdotally about these monster players 'Tomi, Marko, Latof' etc when I personally hadn't been around to even witness them. For now i'll continue relying on the CnCNet ladder to tell me who the better player is.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Andy. said:

I played a game or two when CNCNET first started way before they had a ladder, and then I stopped playing because it was boring without a ladder.

Anyways, I'll be playing this month on the nick Cynic, if you want games message me or go QM often, I will be using Yuri and I don't care if you think I can't beat you with allied or sov that doesn't matter to me.

Ur full of false statements. didn’t you play the 2v2 tournament on CNcnet as zigzags partner? 5 years off? Lmao what a fraud. I was actually more for your side that Yuri is Op but not as OP as people make it out to be. But whatever if your good your good, I would think this would be a good opportunity to learn Yuri and beat you for 100 dollars. A lot of these newer players don’t know tactics that annoy and hurt Yuri. I guess you could argue France is better, but Yuri is still op 

• Upvote 1

You just said France might be better than Yuri so I am done taking you serious. :D

On 10/3/2018 at 9:02 AM, Stoneman said:

Now we have Andy trashing Tomi's record. Laughable. You beat him in one series. Well done. That guy was rank 1 when some serious players played this game. Your rank 1 in 2018, please!

I beat him then, and I'd easily beat him now, so I will trash him as I please.

20 hours ago, a1nthony said:

Ur full of false statements. didn’t you play the 2v2 tournament on CNcnet as zigzags partner? 5 years off? Lmao what a fraud.

yep and if i remember correctly (which i do), Ankarar embarrassed him royally yvy.

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2018 at 3:17 PM, Andy. said:

For sure, I'll be playing this month under the nick Cynic, hit me up for games or just go QM often and we'll match. If you want to learn the match up let your ego go and keep playing.

Im done playing

Ill watch the forums,maybe there will be a change,then maybe ill return.

Was fun and gl cya

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Andy. said:

You just said France might be better than Yuri so I am done taking you serious. :D

I beat him then, and I'd easily beat him now, so I will trash him as I please.

I think grand canon walking is very hard to beat as a Yuri. If Yuri doesn’t win In the early/mid game per usual I think they are done, especially if sw is off.

8 hours ago, a1nthony said:

I think grand canon walking is very hard to beat as a Yuri. If Yuri doesn’t win In the early/mid game per usual I think they are done, especially if sw is off.

Problem with that is it is highly map dependent.  Sure a map like Offense Defense is fantastic for France vs. Yuri, and perhaps even way overpowering, however you get matched on a map like Blood feud and it's actually hurtful to be france. (BF is small, but it has so little ore and yuri can just sit and get SW by the time you get a cannon or two and are sitting on nothing... it's very hard/impossible to base walk to yuri on a map like Dune/BF). 

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:34 AM, Andy. said:

came back last month and got rank 4 with allied

You're saying yuri isn't OP. 

...Then ur saying you got rank 4 with allies,  but rank       ---            1           ---        with yuri. 

...Even though ur rusty and most of your experience was as allies. 

Data doesn't support the hypothesis very well, does it mr. Ando ? 

4 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Problem with that is it is highly map dependent.  Sure a map like Offense Defense is fantastic for France vs. Yuri, and perhaps even way overpowering, however you get matched on a map like Blood feud and it's actually hurtful to be france. (BF is small, but it has so little ore and yuri can just sit and get SW by the time you get a cannon or two and are sitting on nothing... it's very hard/impossible to base walk to yuri on a map like Dune/BF). 

I said it was map dependant in my original post to Andy about it lol.  Anywayss I wonder if anyone will take this bet, I wonder if Andy would even pay up if he lost 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marsh said:

wish i stilled cared as much as you guys, miss the old drama sometimes.

If you're on this forum reading topics, posting about how you don't care multiple times, and still playing the game....you ain't no different than any1 else here. Except I'm still better than you

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 12:02 PM, Stoneman said:

Andy and Tomi..

Its like comparing an old mop and a brand new super wash zamboni.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:13 PM, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

If you're on this forum reading topics, posting about how you don't care multiple times, and still playing the game....you ain't no different than any1 else here. Except I'm still better than you

ohh no you're better than me, should just put the shotgun in the mouth now.

lol champion

• Haha 3

Yuri is better than France everywhere, that was proven recently when Jeen tried to go France vs me, and even had cannons in my base and I still beat him 3-0.

Btw Marsh is the best as you can see he is rank #1 at the moment. ;)

• Upvote 1