CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
varchar

No suitable graphics card found

Hello,

on my very old computer I installed the CnCNet Client for RA2YR, but when I start, I get the message: "No suitable graphics card found." Is it possible to fix it?

GPU: GIGABYTE RADEON 9250
CPU: P4 2.8GHz
RAM: 1.5GB
Microsoft.NET Framework v4.0.30319

sorry for my English (google translator :-) )

error_ra2yr.PNG

23 minutes ago, dkeeton said:

You might be able install directx 9 and then it should work.

I have installed DirectX9c, but still not working :-(

dx9.PNG

Wasn't the new client no longer XP compatible? iirc you needed at least DirectX10 which vista SP2 uses.

Your graphics card only supports directx 8.1, maybe that's why it doesn't work

11 hours ago, Ra2Nub said:

Wasn't the new client no longer XP compatible? iirc you needed at least DirectX10 which vista SP2 uses.

On page https://cncnet.org/yuris-revenge is support for Windows XP. I tried run cncnet client on another old PC with GPU Intel 82945G (Windows XP) and no error. All works fine.

11 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Your graphics card only supports directx 8.1, maybe that's why it doesn't work

You're probably right. On this computer I tried a cncnet client about two years ago and I did not have a problem. Maybe this is due to the new version of the Framework 4.0. Red Alert 2 does not need DirectX9, but the CNCnet client probably does. It's a little paradox.

Is there any possibility to use an older client? I find in my backup files cncnet client v2.65, but game list don't show.

old_client.PNG

wow brings me back seeing that ugly as * client again. And no, its not, since a lot have changed compatibility wise between client versions.

I am also having this issue is there any way around it or can someone give me an old client? Because the main reason that I wanted to change to CnCNet is so that I could have an updated LAN game play for the computers that we have been using since the game was brand new. It would really awesome if I didn't have to change most of the computers out just to fix a really really bad designed LAN and to support a nicer picture.