CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Usagi

I can crate new units or structures?

Hello

I want to know if I can make any  new units on red alert? such as new types of tanks or structures?

This is possible for offline-games or mods, with limitations. For online games, you have to modify existing units.

Iran made a tutorial on this,  but I cannot find this thread anymore.

You also need a special RA95.exe for this. In the CNCnet version the possibility of adding units is removed because it caused out-of-sync-errors or something like this.

I added support for adding new UnitTypes (vehicles) to the game, they internally are setup like the Medium Tank but you can use RULES.INI keys to configure the newly added vehicle. I'll have to add more useful RULES.INI keys for vehicles in the future. Example of adding a new vehicle called 'DERP':

[UnitTypes]
0=DERP

; 2TNK medium tank clone
[DERP]
Prerequisite=weap
Primary=90mm
Strength=400
Armor=heavy
TechLevel=6
Sight=5
Speed=8
Owner=allies
Image=2TNK ; use 2TNK.shp and 2TNKICON.shp instead of DERP.shp and DERPICON.shp
Cost=800
Points=40
ROT=5
Tracked=yes
Crewed=yes

Those are straightforward to add but it requires a lot of time, I first need to setup a system for every type to extend them and to clear the extended memory when loading savegames (with extra check for 3.03 savegames), clear memory when loading a scenario and I need to get a system working to extend TechnoTypeClass memory for every derived type.

Anyway, I've added support for adding new infantry (set up like E1 internally), buildings (set up like ATEK internally), aircrafts (set up like HELI internally) and vessels (set up like DD internally). Adding new vessels at the moment isn't practical as drawing the turrets on them is hard-coded based on their ID, e.g. it checks if the vessel has the ID for the Cruiser to draw the Cruiser turrets, etc.

[VesselTypes]
0=DD2
1=DD3

[AircraftTypes]
0=HII2
1=HII3

[BuildingTypes]
0=HERP
1=DERP

[InfantryTypes]
0=FLAM
1=OFFI

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By CnCRedAlertFan
      How do I make a unit deploy like in RA2? I can't find an art.ini to tell the game which frames to use for deploy.
    • By Genio
      Hi,

is there any possibility to make the AI build and use:

1. Marine troops including ship yard
      2. Air troops (even if the human Player didnt build any air troops?
      3. Nuclear weapons?

Thank you
    • By pizzahat
      Hey everyone.  I've been working on making the switch over to Manjaro and everything is great so far.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to get CNCnet working for Red Alert. I have tried the Manjaro package and the Windows package via Wine, and I have Wine mono and about as many other Wine packages that I can think of. I am running what is pretty much a fresh install of Manjaro XFCE on an AMD A8 based laptop with 8gb of RAM and plenty of space on the SSD. These are my two problems in more detail, I appreciate any advice or direction in advance:
      1. Manjaro Package Installer: Everything seems to process correctly up until the very end. The installer hangs at "Finishing Installation... Installing .NET framework 2.0" for about a minute then it just goes away and CNCnet will not open via the program shortcut. I've run the script at the bottom of my post a few times to retry the process, but no dice.
      2. Windows .exe installer via Wine. The installation goes on without a hitch, and Red Alert is able to open successfully.  Every time I pick the "Online" option, the application crashes without an error. I've tried selecting several different resolution and rendering options.

rm -rf ~/.local/share/cncnet
    • By SVT_Mustang
      Hi guys,
      played this game for many years and have used the Cncnet client for RA1 for about 18-20 months. Recently purchased a new platform with Windows10. Same internet connection. Client loads okay but regularly I'm getting disconnected with the client showing "ping timeout". Internet settings have been re-booted, I don't have any firewall settings on at this present time but the problem persists. If I loads the client and go into the game lobby I have around a minute to get into a multiplayer game before none of my choices register with other players. Text, readying up etc etc.
      Some help would be greatly appreciated. I have removed the RA files a couple of times, tried most things but the same issue persists.
      When I do manage to get into a game, it lasts and for some reason I can hold out a game with no issues...….

Many thanks,

• By delly88
      Hello Everyone,
      Please can I get some help ?
      I have installed the full version of the above, from this website.
      I'm running Windows 10 home.
      Installation was fine, start up application, select play offline...
      Game starts but just the front screen then crashes.
      ctrl alt delete doesn't work, I have to restart computer.

I had this game on Dosbox but for some reason it stopped loading new levels.
      So it may be an easy fix but I'm becoming easily exhausted of trying to get this game to run.

Thanks in advance 😁