Command & Conquer Remasters have been announced!

Tore

12 hours ago, DJBREIT said:

The big question is.

Are they going with a new engine or using the old ones?

I think it will be new.

Next, are they sticking with the old sprits on TD/RA! and isometric tiles on TS/RA2? Or are they going with a 3d like this  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGtrJaiUZaA

Since they are remastering it I think they will stick with the old setup. But amp up the graphics. 

Does anyone know?

Since I can help them with the terrain in TS/RA2. I have a lot more ideas that I never put in the TX because of the limitation of the old engine. Stuff like aqueducts, tall flowing grass and wheat for hiding unit from the other player, train bridges and attaching different bridgehead and more ...... 

The Old graphic style has a LOT of gameplay advantages, with fluid playing the game, and not getting blinded by the UI, the are on which you play itself, or tiny annoyances that you get with more complicated 'graphics' which is actually not the graphic resolution nor textures nor reflections or daylight, but just the way, the Isometry /true 3D brings clearity into the pave.

Its also easy to implement things on (Best game to mod in my opinion), change the GAME, instead of rumouring in the graphics, getting no step further.

Now, Better graphics, I think pyroglyph how how they call, will not dare to come with 'nothing worked on' even though I would wish they keep the old style, at least as option, with gameplay-identic 3D mode maybe.

You will get small differences with more graphics, no inload-animation(I LOVE THAT sweet inf going into apc and unloading ofc!, not just disapearing everywhere in all games I hate it too many games do that) anymore, worse quality 3D-Animation than the soft and friendly 2d-sprites.

RA2 style was a bit too blinding to the eyes: everything was reflecting and you didnt see the units in front of your nose, because of too much reflection metal effects, snow covered /mix with building design, and it was too hectic, with no 'limit of speed', but neatless endless ongoing in time, but inconvenient UI, which was too complicated to do easy things. Its still something, and you can like it. I could live with it. but you can improve. There are a lot of MODS,

I suggest you to watch some mods of Tiberium dawn, where you have missle trails unit queues, and the humvee corpse remaining after destruction, which is some advancement I would like to have in 'official' remastered ways.

Well, you could do it more professional, but les say, things like thas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZF4hUtsXUg

//BTW I have fun writing and discussing this. hope its okay, I dont like it if someone deletes me without a warning, without me knowing what I do wrong

Edited by Kampfkekskrieger
  • Like 1

Good news / Bad news.

Good news

Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert are going to be made.

Bad News

Do to some Youtubers (who will not be named) putting up videos with videos of Rad alert 2 gave the impression that Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 was also to be updated. this is not happening.

Seeing a couple other people posting on the video with the same impression makes me feel a little less stupid.  So unless they say otherwise Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert are the only ones being updated.

1. I find TD/RA1 important, why not make any games about it despite everybody like it/is legendary and what else, despite being just one 'cheap game beyond thousands'

2. I read the announcement Remaster starts with Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert, but that's not all So I expect, I read that like that all games get remastered, with time, and not all games at once, (beginning with the first 2) no doubt. If you publish such a message, you must know that people are knowing it better. Its as you all know, even very hard to justify doing it not. But I think now I said enough.

Its just a question of time, and sorry.

Edited by Kampfkekskrieger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Honestly the game was perfect the way it was. Glitches and all is what made the game. They can remaster this all they want, but I want more continuity in the story line, and a real ending. I know they left the ending open to interpretation. I feel like the remake of this was already done in C&C 3. Either way, i am interested in what they have planned. Loved the entire series. I tend to enjoy the Tiberium saga much more as there is a deep story line that spans all 4 games. The red alert saga was great, but scattered. It was more like what if this happened instead of this.. They to me are their own standalone games. 

I am curious what they would do with the graphics, Like i said, this "remaster" has been done in C&C 3, All updated graphics and storyline. Either way, I hope they send picture soon so we can see what they have in mind. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...